Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Hawkings Football Boots

Crook for manager?

I have a source who says ian crook is on a deal til the end of next season and will step up as manager next year. It makes sense as i dont think he would have come back for 3-4 months. its not worth while when he has a good steady job in australia. but id have to say that if he stays on its in a coaching role and we get someone like paul ince in whos done well at that level

Interesting!

I was told the following this morning:

Firstly, Gunn, Butterworth and Deehan were all given six-month contracts whereas Ian Crook was given a two year contract at, as I understand it, Michael Foulger’s insistence. This has led to Crook being sidelined by the other three and he has no direct influence on team matters. In fact Crook came believing that he was going to be manager and Gunn was appointed while he was on his way from Australia.

Secondly, Michael Foulger is attempting to buy out Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones and if he is successful then Crook will be the manager.

Thirdly, if Foulger is unsuccessful and Delia remains in charge, then Aidy Boothroyd has a three-year contract waiting for him.

So it would appear that there is some sort of power struggle going on at board level that may well be resolved over the summer