Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

We get the club we deserve part 2

To all the idiots in the lower barclay singing que sera sera were going to shrewsbury, and to all the thousands of other happy clappy idiots who walked away tonight as if they didnt have a care in the world - enjoy league 1! You deserve it.

Maybe i''m still in bad mood fafter last night but posts like this really wind me up.  The idea that anyone who doesn''t stand outside the ground and chant futile insults at the club is now branded as a "happy clappy sheep" is ridiculous.  As is the idea that we somehow deserve to be in the position we are in.

I don''t know about the rest of you but I would keep coming to Carrow Road whatever division we happened to be in. Whether we were playing Lincoln or Liverpool I would still feel the same buzz of excitement. I would still experience the same roller coaster of emotions.  No i''m not happy with the situation at present and would be perfectly happy if the likes of Doncaster, Gunn and Delia were never seen again, However i''m not about to turn my back on a club that I have supported for the best part of 20 years just because we are now in a desperate and depressing situation.  Bigger clubs than Norwich have been relegated and will be again in the future.  It is part of football and part of what makes it the game it is. 

If all this makes me a sheep then so be it. I prefer to see myself simply as a dedicated supporter.  In my opinion it is those supporters that spend their time threatening to walk away from the club that need to take a look at themselves in the mirror.

I think there is nothing wrong with voicing dissatisfaction with the club or with supporting it without question.

I do agree with you Jimbo that the problem is when people start trying to impose their views or beliefs on how to handle matters on to others.

Relegation would not be the end of the world or the end of the club, just the end of an era.

Not trying to impose my views but thhere were people there who seemed to find it amusing that we were getting relegated - thats all!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To all the idiots in the lower barclay singing que sera sera were going to shrewsbury, and to all the thousands of other happy clappy idiots who walked away tonight as if they didnt have a care in the world - enjoy league 1! You deserve it.[/quote]

Bloody well said Jim , you''ll get crucified by some on here, but bloody well said![Y]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To all the idiots in the lower barclay singing que sera sera were going to shrewsbury, and to all the thousands of other happy clappy idiots who walked away tonight as if they didnt have a care in the world - enjoy league 1! You deserve it.[/quote]It was absolutely disgusting.There was an imageon Sky of a utterly inane couple weakly clapping the final nail in our coffin, all while looking around for some sort of inspiration like lost lambs. Where was the anger? The sadness? The vitriol? Well?I would say that half of those in CR last night are the "core" fan base, those who remember success and care enough to fight for it again. The other half is Delia''s legacy. The board have turned us into a family, youth and community centre. And now, as the last memories of NCFC as a proud fooballing institution ebb away, the backward simpletons may now finally wake up to it, as if from a coma."What''s gorn on? What happened to our football club?"No. It''s far too late.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To all the idiots in the lower barclay singing que sera sera were going to shrewsbury, and to all the thousands of other happy clappy idiots who walked away tonight as if they didnt have a care in the world - enjoy league 1! You deserve it.[/quote]

Bloody well said Jim , you''ll get crucified by some on here, but bloody well said![Y]

[/quote]

That''s an interesting point Jim. But correct me if I''m wrong but some of those "idiots" are the same ones who have been vocal in EBlock over their discontent about Delia and the board for over a year. Where as Smudger and a few others may claim the higher ground for protesting after the game outside the ground some of these guys have had the bottle to be heard where it matters. And surely in front of the cameras on live TV would have been a better option for those who wanted to be heard. Nevermind about fans losing their bottle since Chase was hounded out because they weren''t so shy a few years ago on live TV against Burnley. I enjoiy your posts and debating with you Jim but I fail to see how you can continually blame the fans.

[quote user="Peter Thorne"][quote user="Jim Smith"]To all the idiots in the lower barclay singing que sera sera were going to shrewsbury, and to all the thousands of other happy clappy idiots who walked away tonight as if they didnt have a care in the world - enjoy league 1! You deserve it.[/quote]

It was absolutely disgusting.

There was an imageon Sky of a utterly inane couple weakly clapping the final nail in our coffin, all while looking around for some sort of inspiration like lost lambs. Where was the anger? The sadness? The vitriol? Well?

I would say that half of those in CR last night are the "core" fan base, those who remember success and care enough to fight for it again. The other half is Delia''s legacy. The board have turned us into a family, youth and community centre. And now, as the last memories of NCFC as a proud fooballing institution ebb away, the backward simpletons may now finally wake up to it, as if from a coma.

"What''s gorn on? What happened to our football club?"

No. It''s far too late.
[/quote]

Was one of them Michael Wynn Jones?