Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

We MUST find a experienced and proven Manager!

Whatever the outcome after Sunday, it''s clear as day we are in desperate need of a proven, experianced manager. Someone who has won promotion and can lead us to League 1 glory in the first time of asking.  Sadly Gunn, Butterworth and Crook have had a good go, but their inexperience has cost us deer and the cheap gamble has not payed off.

We must find one -- and fast, since in a prolonged managerial crisis we may lose even those players, who otherwise could be convinced to stay. I''d go for Hareide, if he still wants the job.

And last night highlighted why.

Gow has been inspirational as a striker - yet after 2 MOTM awards he is dropped to midfield.  When mooney is absent we still leave him in midfield.

We instead chose Cody.  Now while Cody offered our best striking threat it really was a case of boys against men,  which with Bikey and Duberry was always going to be the case.   Cody was always going to be best brought on from the bench after 60 mins,  once these two were tiring.   His pace was  aproblem - but there defenders were fit and ready and learnt his tricks while they were fresh.   Adding codys energy when they were tired was the best option.

During the game it became very obvious that lee was having no joy against two very good central defenders - yet we continued to play a long ball to him,  yet wondered why he kept losing out.  He needed quality ball to his chest or feet - our poor central midfielders could not give that.   And our management team did not change our approach.  We looked dangerous when we ran at their central defenders - yet we did not try to play to that.

Why have two striker on the bench and not use them?  When not change shape or formation?   Why not withdraw Carney when he was so poor and offered no width?   Why were the central midfielders not looking to take the flick on from Lee?

The management  team were as naive and out of their depth as Cody was;   but at least he had a spark and gave his all,  our management team last night were predictable safe but simple bereft of ideas or leadership.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

And last night highlighted why.

Gow has been inspirational as a striker - yet after 2 MOTM awards he is dropped to midfield.  When mooney is absent we still leave him in midfield.

We instead chose Cody.  Now while Cody offered our best striking threat it really was a case of boys against men,  which with Bikey and Duberry was always going to be the case.   Cody was always going to be best brought on from the bench after 60 mins,  once these two were tiring.   His pace was  aproblem - but there defenders were fit and ready and learnt his tricks while they were fresh.   Adding codys energy when they were tired was the best option.

During the game it became very obvious that lee was having no joy against two very good central defenders - yet we continued to play a long ball to him,  yet wondered why he kept losing out.  He needed quality ball to his chest or feet - our poor central midfielders could not give that.   And our management team did not change our approach.  We looked dangerous when we ran at their central defenders - yet we did not try to play to that.

Why have two striker on the bench and not use them?  When not change shape or formation?   Why not withdraw Carney when he was so poor and offered no width?   Why were the central midfielders not looking to take the flick on from Lee?

The management  team were as naive and out of their depth as Cody was;   but at least he had a spark and gave his all,  our management team last night were predictable safe but simple bereft of ideas or leadership.

[/quote]

Superb post - nothing to add. If only you were the manager, Zipper.

We do need to make some fairly savage changes in the summer to the playing staff, backroom staff and boardroom staff if possible!

However I think finances are going to really limit the players we can bring in as think if we go down, we will lose most of the squad and cannot see the likes of Gow and Shacks etc willing to play in league 1.

Challenging times for NCFC

We have to be realistic regarding our managerial situation. I sadly don''t think Gunny has what it takes - he''s a superb figurehead for the club and will certainly not be blamed by me for the shambles we''re currently in. 

I think Mark Robins is a very good shout given our plight - I can''t image his demands would break the bank and he has been around football at that level as a player and now has experience as a manager at which he''s proved a moderate succes given his circumstances. We would still be a step up for him and given that I fully expect us to be reliant on youth-teamers, the few pro''s here that no other clubs want and perhaps a few bargain basement buys then he wouldm''t have a huge weight of expectancy upon him either. A good move for both parties I should say.

Regarding backroom staff I wonder what position we''re in? Would he be prepared to work alongside Butterworth and Crook? Are they here to stay regardless of what happens to Gunn?

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]I am certain that a proper manager would have kept us up. Even when the whole stadium knew we needed a change Gunny kept things the same for far too long in nearly every game.
[/quote]

Totally agree, Gunn''s a joke!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

If only you were the manager, Zipper.

[/quote]

I would criticise my appointment as being the cheap option [:P][;)]

[quote user="colneycanary"]        Whatever the outcome after Sunday, it''s clear as day we are in desperate need of a proven, experianced manager. Someone who has won promotion and can lead us to League 1 glory in the first time of asking.  Sadly Gunn, Butterworth and Crook have had a good go, but their inexperience has cost us deer and the cheap gamble has not payed off.[/quote]

My Question is How? With no money, No Ambition from the boardroom, This green and yellow blood is clearly not enough without a few million to spend on the pitch and not the cafe  

But this has been the case for years.  We need a proven manager, and instead we get...Worthington - would have died on his arse without Huckerby, and funnily enough he ran out of ideas at the same time Hucks started to decline.  Funny that.Grant - No experience, and clear to anyone that he lacked the man management skills, experience and contacts to ever be  success.Roeder - Zero man management skills, arrogant, positionally dubious and hell-bent on removing every single player to bring in secnd rate loans.Bryan Gunn - No experience, tactically unsound, desperate.

The bottom line is we have not invested in a manager not connected to the club and with a proven track record since......Bruce Rioch.

So with the muppets on our board still there, what possibility is there they will wake up and throw some cash at a decent  manager with some guts and a track record now?[quote user="colneycanary"]        Whatever the outcome after Sunday, it''s clear as day we are in desperate need of a proven, experianced manager. Someone who has won promotion and can lead us to League 1 glory in the first time of asking.  Sadly Gunn, Butterworth and Crook have had a good go, but their inexperience has cost us deer and the cheap gamble has not payed off.[/quote]