Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

My thoughts on todays game, this season , and the future

Todays game just about summed our season up IMO. We only really came to life with 10 minutes to go- it was far too little and far too late. I dont think we had one shot on target the entire game, Gunny was poor and as usual the fans were superb. When I think back to all of the home games that I''ve come back telling myself ''itll be better next week- we''re better than this'' the simple truth is.... we just bloody arent. I think there has to be a point when instead of just blaming Delia (and yes I do acknowledge that I have on many occasions) we have to blame the players. How many of those players would get into a good championship side? I think its fair to say that at a push 2 could - Clingan when he''s bothered and maybe just maybe Shackell - and lest we forget that he is of course on loan. I''m not going to get into why I think Deliar is the wrong choice for us because a) I get the feeling there are others who feel the same as meb) I''m just too drained after watching that match. I just want the summer to be here :(What next for Norwich City Football Club? I think its very very safe to assume that we''ll be league 1 next year and that it''ll be hard to get out at the first attempt. For what its worth I predict a mid table finish next season. We desperately need a knight in shining armour to come and rescue us but the economy as it is plus Queen D''s over pricing of NCFC will lead to us having her in charge next year and for the fore-seeable future. They say in the grand scheme of life that football is not important.... so why does it hurt so damn much :(

[quote user="CT "]Todays game just about summed our season up IMO.
We only really came to life with 10 minutes to go- it was far too little and far too late.
I dont think we had one shot on target the entire game, Gunny was poor and as usual the fans were superb.

When I think back to all of the home games that I''ve come back telling myself ''itll be better next week- we''re better than this'' the simple truth is.... we just bloody arent.

I think there has to be a point when instead of just blaming Delia (and yes I do acknowledge that I have on many occasions) we have to blame the players. How many of those players would get into a good championship side? I think its fair to say that at a push 2 could - Clingan when he''s bothered and maybe just maybe Shackell - and lest we forget that he is of course on loan.

I''m not going to get into why I think Deliar is the wrong choice for us because
a) I get the feeling there are others who feel the same as me
b) I''m just too drained after watching that match. I just want the summer to be here :(

What next for Norwich City Football Club?
I think its very very safe to assume that we''ll be league 1 next year and that it''ll be hard to get out at the first attempt. For what its worth I predict a mid table finish next season.
We desperately need a knight in shining armour to come and rescue us but the economy as it is plus Queen D''s over pricing of NCFC will lead to us having her in charge next year and for the fore-seeable future.

They say in the grand scheme of life that football is not important.... so why does it hurt so damn much :(

[/quote]

hmmmm......good post i think c.t - first of all wish yourselves good luck for the weekend!

now on the game......... first half norwich really dominated that mcdonald kid looks sharp although a bit naive at times but he looks to be decent prospect who will worry defences!

you mainly dominated the first half without carving out any real chances imo, reading looked very relaxed/lazy almost like they didnt want to be at carrow road, i truley believe if you got that goal when you was on top you would have won 2-0 or 3-0 due to your boys keep up the intestity and reading bothering even less (if possible)

felt turning point was when hunt came on, bloke didnt do overley much until they scored but he was constant bee in the bonet. jimmy kebe cross for long was world class, end day you just have to say that was different class!

also felt gunn didnt do much subistion wise, you didnt seem to have an impact player on the bench who could really change the game, lee was hopeless up front and should been dragged off or at least you should changed formation/tactics

soon went 2-0 that was it, your boys had stopped, and you was probably lucky not to concede 3 or 4

last night was defiantly a game of two halves imo.

Fair point re substitutions - Gunny''s had a lot of stick but let''s face it who have we got that can come on and change a game? 

In the final analysis that''s why we''ve missed Hucks this season.  He might not have been at his best playing 90 minutes twice a week but even the sight of him warming up would have made most Champ defenders sh*t themselves. 

After thinking about things and reading things on here I have come to the possibly mad conclusion that League 1 COULD be the best thing long term for our great club....

a) the dead wood will be cleared out - we will only have players who want to be here and give their all for the cause (i doubt this will be good enough but hey-ho)

b) the board could maybe reconsider their stance on the whole cullum thing and even speak to him which could allow a new era

c) we only just stayed up last season and this season we have declined even further (story of delias reign) maybe going down could help us get stronger and rebuild the team completely- it may take a few seasons to go back up again but maybe thats what we need? Clear the wage bill (i heard somewhere its about 8/9 million?) and become a stronger better allround club.

Having said all that I think we can beat charlton and that plymouth can beat barnsley.... i kinda dont think thats going to happen though .....