Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Hawkings Football Boots

The blame cant just be laided at Glenn and delia doors

I dont know what it is with norwich, but we always seam to need a scape goat. Past "whipping boys" (as neil adams puts it) have been holt, hughes, cureton, otsemobor and now Roeder. Norwich fans memories are pretty short, lets not forget who saved us from this situation last season when we were about 3-4 points clear at the bottom of the table. Roeder gave the team confidence to go on an 11 game unbeaten run and avoid relegation.

This season he brought in some quality signing on a small budget. i.e. hoolahan, bell, clingan and dejan. He also brought in some good loans; grounds, Kennedy, lita and bertrand (though he has suffered for a patch after playing so many games in 2 seasons, lets not forget how young he is). There have been some poor signings too, Tory A-H, omouzsi (though anything is better than otsemobor), koroma (didnt get a run and was injured). But then again so have most resent norwich managers including gunn.

I felt that Roeder got unlucky with injuries to key defenders and loosing or drawing games by the odd goal where we maybe should have had something, but he stopped the 2 and 3 goal losses that we had been on since the prem. Everyone thought cureton was doing poorly so roeder sent him out on loan. People forgot how bad he was playing, we got him back off loan and then everyone wanted him out of the team again. People may ask questions about the players he released such as strihavka, brelier, murray, robinson etc but none of them set the world alight when they were here and he needed to free up wages for his own signings. Im not saying i agree with his methods but he does not deserve as much criticism as some give him or at the board for picking him as he did what he was hired to do in his first season.

I personally place more blame on peter grant. when he came to the club he seemed to go mad when he saw his transfer budget buying poor players left right and centre.

Chadwick, brown, lappin, gilks, otsemobor, brellier, cureton, fotheringham, marshall in his first season then strihavka, russell, murray in the second season. So if your wondering where all the money from the prem and sale of green, francis and ashton went...

Out of these 12 signings in just over a year i would rate russell as ok, cureton as ok for the money did well first season but lost confidence. and marshall as quite good shot stopper but could have signed someone with experience that could kick and command his area for less.

Naturally these players didnt gel quickly and we ended up wasting millions. After Grant left everyone said they wanted a manager with experience and passion was not enough. Then when Roeder left everyone wanted passion again and championship experience went out the window. Don''t get me wrong I have nothing against Gunny but he''s not got any experience as a football manger and its shown. he''s lacked confidence to make changes when they have been needed in games.

To be fair to the board, they have backed every manager with funds and tried their hardest to get players that the manager wanted. But they have made a couple of mistakes, especially when appointing managers. I feel that if we had appointed an experienced man after worthy and given him the kinds of money grant got we would have done a lot better. I think Roeder was a good appointment and he did what he set out to do when we got him. This season he did not have enough money to sign players and doubt even Jose Mourinho could have got us higher than mid table with the players and money Roeder had. The other key decision the board got wrong was in appointing gunn. sure that left more money for loans but i think an experienced manager may have been able to get more out of the current squad.

I do believe its time for the board to go, but its not that simple as there needs to be a replacement to step in with cash to revive this club. whether that be a petter cullam or a consortium of local business people i doubt it will happen and if we dont get relegated next weekend get ready for another hairy ride at the bottom of the table. if we do go down, without money we may struggle to make the playoffs. Leicester made it look simple but Milan Mandarić said it cost him £10m in lost revenue and players fees and wages to get them up.

OTBC

You don''t send someone on loan to a rival, he could have gone anywhere but Barnsley, if he didn''t want to drop a division he should have been made to sit in reserves, everybody thought Barnsley would be near bottom of league and therefore you don''t loan players to them no matter how out of favour they are. This reason amonst several others apportions a lot of blame on the shoulders of Roeder for this mess.

[quote user="olej"]I dont know what it is with norwich, but we always seam to need a scape goat. Past "whipping boys" (as neil adams puts it) have been holt, hughes, cureton, otsemobor and now Roeder. Norwich fans memories are pretty short, lets not forget who saved us from this situation last season when we were about 3-4 points clear at the bottom of the table. Roeder gave the team confidence to go on an 11 game unbeaten run and avoid relegation. This season he brought in some quality signing on a small budget. i.e. hoolahan, bell, clingan and dejan. He also brought in some good loans; grounds, Kennedy, lita and bertrand (though he has suffered for a patch after playing so many games in 2 seasons, lets not forget how young he is). There have been some poor signings too, Tory A-H, omouzsi (though anything is better than otsemobor), koroma (didnt get a run and was injured). But then again so have most resent norwich managers including gunn. I felt that Roeder got unlucky with injuries to key defenders and loosing or drawing games by the odd goal where we maybe should have had something, but he stopped the 2 and 3 goal losses that we had been on since the prem. Everyone thought cureton was doing poorly so roeder sent him out on loan. People forgot how bad he was playing, we got him back off loan and then everyone wanted him out of the team again. People may ask questions about the players he released such as strihavka, brelier, murray, robinson etc but none of them set the world alight when they were here and he needed to free up wages for his own signings. Im not saying i agree with his methods but he does not deserve as much criticism as some give him or at the board for picking him as he did what he was hired to do in his first season. I personally place more blame on peter grant. when he came to the club he seemed to go mad when he saw his transfer budget buying poor players left right and centre. Chadwick, brown, lappin, gilks, otsemobor, brellier, cureton, fotheringham, marshall in his first season then strihavka, russell, murray in the second season. So if your wondering where all the money from the prem and sale of green, francis and ashton went... Out of these 12 signings in just over a year i would rate russell as ok, cureton as ok for the money did well first season but lost confidence. and marshall as quite good shot stopper but could have signed someone with experience that could kick and command his area for less. Naturally these players didnt gel quickly and we ended up wasting millions. After Grant left everyone said they wanted a manager with experience and passion was not enough. Then when Roeder left everyone wanted passion again and championship experience went out the window. Don''t get me wrong I have nothing against Gunny but he''s not got any experience as a football manger and its shown. he''s lacked confidence to make changes when they have been needed in games. To be fair to the board, they have backed every manager with funds and tried their hardest to get players that the manager wanted. But they have made a couple of mistakes, especially when appointing managers. I feel that if we had appointed an experienced man after worthy and given him the kinds of money grant got we would have done a lot better. I think Roeder was a good appointment and he did what he set out to do when we got him. This season he did not have enough money to sign players and doubt even Jose Mourinho could have got us higher than mid table with the players and money Roeder had. The other key decision the board got wrong was in appointing gunn. sure that left more money for loans but i think an experienced manager may have been able to get more out of the current squad. I do believe its time for the board to go, but its not that simple as there needs to be a replacement to step in with cash to revive this club. whether that be a petter cullam or a consortium of local business people i doubt it will happen and if we dont get relegated next weekend get ready for another hairy ride at the bottom of the table. if we do go down, without money we may struggle to make the playoffs. Leicester made it look simple but Milan Mandarić said it cost him £10m in lost revenue and players fees and wages to get them up. OTBC[/quote]

One word Begins with a B AND ANOTHER  is Braindead boardroom  

[quote user="olej"]I dont know what it is with norwich, but we always seam to need a scape goat. Past "whipping boys" (as neil adams puts it) have been holt, hughes, cureton, otsemobor and now Roeder. Norwich fans memories are pretty short, lets not forget who saved us from this situation last season when we were about 3-4 points clear at the bottom of the table. Roeder gave the team confidence to go on an 11 game unbeaten run and avoid relegation. This season he brought in some quality signing on a small budget. i.e. hoolahan, bell, clingan and dejan. He also brought in some good loans; grounds, Kennedy, lita and bertrand (though he has suffered for a patch after playing so many games in 2 seasons, lets not forget how young he is). There have been some poor signings too, Tory A-H, omouzsi (though anything is better than otsemobor), koroma (didnt get a run and was injured). But then again so have most resent norwich managers including gunn. I felt that Roeder got unlucky with injuries to key defenders and loosing or drawing games by the odd goal where we maybe should have had something, but he stopped the 2 and 3 goal losses that we had been on since the prem. Everyone thought cureton was doing poorly so roeder sent him out on loan. People forgot how bad he was playing, we got him back off loan and then everyone wanted him out of the team again. People may ask questions about the players he released such as strihavka, brelier, murray, robinson etc but none of them set the world alight when they were here and he needed to free up wages for his own signings. Im not saying i agree with his methods but he does not deserve as much criticism as some give him or at the board for picking him as he did what he was hired to do in his first season. I personally place more blame on peter grant. when he came to the club he seemed to go mad when he saw his transfer budget buying poor players left right and centre. Chadwick, brown, lappin, gilks, otsemobor, brellier, cureton, fotheringham, marshall in his first season then strihavka, russell, murray in the second season. So if your wondering where all the money from the prem and sale of green, francis and ashton went... Out of these 12 signings in just over a year i would rate russell as ok, cureton as ok for the money did well first season but lost confidence. and marshall as quite good shot stopper but could have signed someone with experience that could kick and command his area for less. Naturally these players didnt gel quickly and we ended up wasting millions. After Grant left everyone said they wanted a manager with experience and passion was not enough. Then when Roeder left everyone wanted passion again and championship experience went out the window. Don''t get me wrong I have nothing against Gunny but he''s not got any experience as a football manger and its shown. he''s lacked confidence to make changes when they have been needed in games. To be fair to the board, they have backed every manager with funds and tried their hardest to get players that the manager wanted. But they have made a couple of mistakes, especially when appointing managers. I feel that if we had appointed an experienced man after worthy and given him the kinds of money grant got we would have done a lot better. I think Roeder was a good appointment and he did what he set out to do when we got him. This season he did not have enough money to sign players and doubt even Jose Mourinho could have got us higher than mid table with the players and money Roeder had. The other key decision the board got wrong was in appointing gunn. sure that left more money for loans but i think an experienced manager may have been able to get more out of the current squad. I do believe its time for the board to go, but its not that simple as there needs to be a replacement to step in with cash to revive this club. whether that be a petter cullam or a consortium of local business people i doubt it will happen and if we dont get relegated next weekend get ready for another hairy ride at the bottom of the table. if we do go down, without money we may struggle to make the playoffs. Leicester made it look simple but Milan Mandarić said it cost him £10m in lost revenue and players fees and wages to get them up. OTBC[/quote]

couldn''t be bothered to read any excuses for Glen who :-

got rid of our best player Hucks

loaned Cureton to Barnsley!

sold shackell to Wolves (who has been one of our best players since he returned on loan)

brought in Koroma, Henville etc

treated the fans with contempt

and can rot in ex-manager''s hell for an eternity