Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Lawrenson predicts City to win 2-1

But it''s the City playing at home.

According to him on the BBC website Manchester City are City and Norwich are Norwich.

Let''s hope his prediction is equally imprecise.

OTBC.

Manchester City are no more city than Norwich City, to refer to them as City is disrespectful and crass. In the same way that some idiots always call Manchester United, united when they play leeds or west ham. Its stupid. 

[quote]Man City are normally known as City, Norwich are not....would have thought that was fairly precise[/quote]

ncfc4prem

Norwich not normally known as City??????? You''ve got to be joking. Where have I been since 1958?

You must be a ManU fan on leave!

OTBC - what''s that you ask? - ON THE BALL CITY.

To be fair to Lawro Lawro laffs in the context of the media Man City ARE City and we are always referred to as Norwich. It doesnt excuse a slack article though.

Now if he had predicted Citeh to win we would all have known who he had meant!

OTBC

It''s not just Lawro either...Sky are advertising the game as Manchester City v Norwich.  I asked where our ''City'' had gone to, and no one could give me a sensible answer.  Perhaps an e-mail to Sky might be in order!

Susie B, I have noticed, at least this season, that Sky never use the extra bits of clubs'' names, except obviously when necessary distinguish league clubs sharing the same town name e.g. Manc, Sheffield, Aston (?!), etc.  Perhaps this is a policy on their part to appear terse, manly and ''in the know''.  Well, as the Bard said, what''s in a name...?