Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Can't you all see

It is Not Gunns fault.  There is a lot of Gunn bashing going on, but I do not see what he has done wrong?  This is how I see it and why we are where we are,  and none of the points, point to Gunn!

• Grant and Roeder stripped the team
  • Delia and Co have made no investments in the future with years of under investment
  • Too many loan players who do not have the team spirit as a whole

When Gunn took over we were already doomed, I think he can bring back the spirit of the club that has been so missing.  I hardly recognise it as the club I love.

You can not make a silk purse out of a sows ear!

I think all this manager bashing and even player bashing misses the real point that our board have put us where we are today, not helped by GR and PG who destroyed all that was good in our team.  As I see it Gunn and team are trying to restore that with the limited resources they have. 

OTBC

St.John

Pretty much spot on St.John - failure to bring in needed investment when money was easy and managing the club as a quaint little country kitchen with some lousy manager appointments with hamilton, rioch, grant and roeder - i dont doubt their intentions were always good but in todays brutal football world that is just not enough. If I also think back on all the city teams I have seen since starting my fan life at carrow rd in the mid 70s - we have always built from within with excellent talent coming through the system - the output from our academy in more recent times has been pathetic , could partly be down to the restrictions on catchment areas - in the old days we procured alot of talent from north london and other regions today we have to take more locally which clearly reduces the talent base- we have excellent facilities but no one who has been managing it and bringing any quality through - this is our only way to fight back but I fear it will take years now - Div 3 might take 2-3 seasons to get out from - hopefully then we will have a strong nucleus of a squad developed from within and a better economic environment to  bring in new owners.....its not going to get any prettier - but this very painful experience which we are now going through might (hopefully) bring us back on track.OTBC

Gunn has just become a convenient fall guy for what has happened to the club since Smith arrived at Carrow Road. Not his fault at all and to blame him simply shows how ignorant so many folk are.

Smith and Co. are to blame.... no-one else.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Gunn has just become a convenient fall guy for what has happened to the club since Smith arrived at Carrow Road. Not his fault at all and to blame him simply shows how ignorant so many folk are.

[/quote]

Spot on, My point too, when Delia arrived we were in the prem league, prior to her arrival we were playing in Europe Mike Walker got the club up there with the Arsenals and Liverpools Delia comes knocks the stuffing out of everyone and turns a prem club into a (3rd) division side WHO IS TO BLAME? NOT MINE    

[/quote]

For the 2nd time ever I agree completely with you, waaaaasssssss gewinnnnnnnn arnnnnnnn

I am a fan of Gunn but would point out that we were not in the relegation zone when he took over.

I think he was the right appointment at the time, because of money available and the risk that any manager coming in would struggle to keep us up.

The problems pre-date Gunn.

Bryan Gunn signed Chris Killed, Alan Clown and David ''I do a poor imitation of a footballer'' Carney.For those 3 reasons, he shouldn''t be here next season.We have one real shot at bouncing straight back and we cannot afford to **** it up.2 seasons in League 1 and we will just simply blend into the league and become a standard L1 team.

Gunns job was to keep us up, something he looks like he will fail to do. If we go down then a new manager should come in for next season as soon as possible so they can build their own team. A team that should be willing to work for each other, put 100% effort in even if they are 1-0...2-0...3-0 down. We need some winners in our team, leaders who are willing to run themselves into the ground for the cause.

If the board fail to see this then I cant see us going anywhere with Gunn in charge. He is too friendly with lots of the players and just not the right guy.

We seem to have gone from one extreme to the other, Roeder was too harsh, never gave many chances and far too set in his own ways and Gunn seems to want to keep everyone happy and just hope things work out well.

Gunn has to shoulder some of the blame for the games he''s managed...recruitment has been at best average, selection at times poor (dropping Lee for the Sheff Wed game etc), tactically very little has changed, substitutions far too late, and little evidence of motivation (has Otsemebor put in a better shift under him)...he shouldn''t get the job, but I fear he will

For crying out loud, its obvoious that the lack of ambition and managerial appointments and more to the point lack of funds, are the downfall of this club. Gunn wanted the job with nearly half the season left, the board and Gunn himself felt he was the man to keep this side up. He hasnt fullfilled that target (Yet... I hasten to add.....but then again there is more chance of Gordon Brown being in charge next term than us staying up) so he must go. Perhaps his daughter will start a new web site to get a new manager to relieve her father from his post.

We had jamie cureton on the bench last night and the management team bring on a 19 year rookie to try and save the game. He looked liked a headless chicken with the ball at his feet and created NOTHING...(As most of them on the pitch last night).

You would never have known that the team that represented Norwich last night were in a relegation survival game. No PASSION No URGENCY and certainly No CLASS

It was a grim night last night and I fear we may have seen the back of the championship for a very long time

It is not hard to see where we fell short is it, we have had far too many loan players and the bottom line is that in most cases not all that the loan players could not force their way into their own clubs, of they were coming back from injury so we had them to get them fit. So if they can not get into their own clubs because they are not good enough why could they be better for us? 

There have been a few loan players that have done well for us, but for the rest,  I don''t think they have not done very much.

Having said all that, it is not just because of the loan system that we find ourselves in a dire mess, it for me is the fact that we slowly got rid of the better players and have been downgrading the quality of player for quite a while, trying to save money.

We still have a chance at Charlton all be it a tiny one, but at least we do still have one. I would hate us to lose at Charlton if Plymouth win.

Come on Norwich you owe it to us, so pull your fingers out and go out there and play with pride and WIN  and what ever happens at Plymouth happens, let''s do our job.

[/quote]

SPOT ON