Sign in to follow this  
King Of The Mushrooms

David Marshall

Anybody notice how dodgey he looked last night, everytime the ball came near him i had to change my pants.

Isnt it time we get a solid keeper again, since Green left we havent had anyone that can compare to his quality

Peace x

Agreed, he has not been on the top of his form.

It is easy to forget how young he is given his experience but think he is having a bit of a crisis of confidence, probably because of the pressure of our league position.

I still rate him and would be gutted if we have to sell him on the cheap in the summer, but also think with Rudd in the wings if we could get a couple of million for him it would be good business.

Er....no, not at all actually, thought he had a solid game, no mistakes, not much to do but did his job.People need to get off his back, the guy has pulled off more world class saves in his time here than any other keeper in there whole tenure. He has kept us in games and won us points more than any other keeper we have had.

We''ve been spoilt by Robert Green when he was here, an England squad goalie.  Now we have Marshall,  not as good as Green but IMO an above average Championship player.  So don''t worry if we go down,  Marshall we be sold.  And then they''ll be moaning that we shouldn''t have sold him because Nelson is total crap.

he nearly cost us a early goal , he threw the ball out without looking where he was throwing it .

the first goal reading scored , you could see it comming a mile off .

if it wasnt for shacks good block due to marshall bold as brass error, it would have been worse.

[quote user="Bakerman8"]

Anybody notice how dodgey he looked last night, everytime the ball came near him i had to change my pants.

Isnt it time we get a solid keeper again, since Green left we havent had anyone that can compare to his quality

Peace x

[/quote]

You werent the only one changing his pants. By the look on Marshalls face every time the ball came toward his goal it looked like he wasnt far from having an ''accident''. He was awful last night.

I remember being worried every time the ball came in towards Greeno''s near post though - beaten there far too much for a top keeper.

Think it was Gordon Banks who said that what separates great keepers from the good is the fact that they do not make mistakes.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Agreed, he has not been on the top of his form.

It is easy to forget how young he is given his experience but think he is having a bit of a crisis of confidence, probably because of the pressure of our league position.

I still rate him and would be gutted if we have to sell him on the cheap in the summer, but also think with Rudd in the wings if we could get a couple of million for him it would be good business.

[/quote]

....probably more to do with the fact that he has one eye on his new club for next season. We stay up and he''s stuck here!

[quote user="Barclayman"]Er....no, not at all actually, thought he had a solid game, no mistakes, [/quote]

the second goal! Marshall shouted, started to come for it, the Doc left it, marshall dithered so Doc cleared it for a throw.. from the resulting cross Reading scored...

if he had done what he was supposed to do and smothered it we woulnt of conceded the second!

jas :)

[quote user="Barclayman"]

People need to get off his back, the guy has pulled off more world class saves in his time here than any other keeper in there whole tenure. He has kept us in games and won us points more than any other keeper we have had.
[/quote]

forgot to add...

BullS*it!

Derby at home been forgotten by you?

got last seasons DVD? have a watch, look at the goals we concede again then tell me Marshall is a top keeper! infact watch the highlights from this season.. he costs us more points than he saves us.

he''s down there with Simon Tracey and Jamie ashdown for me... we should of bought Tony Warner when we had the chance!

Talking about Joe Lewis, I would not be surprised if we would loan him back sometime during the next season....

In the first half, Marshall made one of his trademark errors when a ball has been played back to him. All he was supposed to do was to hoof it up, and he had plenty of time for that. He stopped the ball instead, stepped back, as if it was a goal-kick, and waited awfully long, until a Reading forward came to attack him, alsmost taking the ball.... I wondered whether he realised that he was  not actually taking a goal-kick.  Having said that, and judging by the lack of ideas, the whole team seem to have been confused. I see more chaos coming...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Barclayman"]People need to get off his back, the guy has pulled off more world class saves in his time here than any other keeper in there whole tenure. He has kept us in games and won us points more than any other keeper we have had.[/quote]

forgot to add...

BullS*it!

Derby at home been forgotten by you?

got last seasons DVD? have a watch, look at the goals we concede again then tell me Marshall is a top keeper! infact watch the highlights from this season.. he costs us more points than he saves us.

he''s down there with Simon Tracey and Jamie ashdown for me... we should of bought Tony Warner when we had the chance!

[/quote] After seeing the bit about Tony Warner this has to be a joke. For me Marsh is a quality shot stopper and his aerial ability, kicking and commanding the team will only improve with time and experience.

[quote user="Bakerman8"]

Peace x

[/quote]

completely agree about him last night, I was sure he was going to mess up, he looked so nervous and dodgy

I watched the game on Sky. During the but where they showed the players waiting to come out of the tunnel at the beginning, he looked extremely nervous. Could tell he was going to have a dodgy game.

Actually BARCLYMAN if you watch his positioning for both goals he got it badly wrong. Whenever the ball is crossed he is drawn to his near post and hasn''t got the speed to get back across to his far post......has done this alot this season. As for winning us points, yes he is a good shot stopper but he flaps too much at crosses, has bad positioning and very poor positioning.....IMO not one of the best keepers we''ve had.....I''d rather have Mark bloody Walton

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]

Actually BARCLYMAN if you watch his positioning for both goals he got it badly wrong. Whenever the ball is crossed he is drawn to his near post and hasn''t got the speed to get back across to his far post......has done this alot this season. As for winning us points, yes he is a good shot stopper but he flaps too much at crosses, has bad positioning and very poor distribution.....IMO not one of the best keepers we''ve had.....I''d rather have Mark bloody Walton

[/quote]

Yep he didn''t look too great last night, flapped at crosses and didn''t look like he wanted to make any decisions.  Not the only one who performed badly though.

i personally always thought marshall was overated by norwich supporters, he looked shakey as hell last night and god knows what he was thinking on that blocked clearance he was one lucky person!

saying all of this though.....keepers only need one small error per game to be picked on which standouts compared to say left back, even the top keepers in the world make mistakes

marshall is fine comptent top 8 keeper in this league but nothing more at the moment

Quite honestly this man is crap. Can''t catch, can''t kick, doesn''t come off his line, doesn''t command his area, doesn''t talk to defenders etc etc. People say oh but he''s a good shot stopper (isn''t every goalkeeper) There is more to this than being a good goalkeeper. A good confident goalkeeper would make the defenders more at ease during games and I think he''s probably cost us 12 points this season on his own. A complete calamity but we have nothing else and the better ones (Joe Lewis) who is now going to be playing championship football and has been called up to the full England squad were sold for next to nothing. Sums up everything that is wrong with this joke of a club.