Sign in to follow this  
Rustys 1st Touch

Roeder was a better manager than Gunn

Perhaps tactically (but then that''s not exactly saying much), but he sure as shit wasn''t a better man manager. I''m quite sure Roeder would have also sent us down, we were free falling.

Gunn hasn''t done a bad job - but he was never going to keep it up. It''s harsh on the man, but it was inevitable. Roeder had done the damage with his ''summer clearout''

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]sacking glenn roeder was an absolute disgrace[/quote]Hello Glenn, nice to see you again. Now f*ck off.

Tactically a better football manager without a doubt, BUT he had lost the dressing roomNo good looking at it now, whats done is done.

As I keep saying, the fault is not Gunns for applying but the boards for appointing

Maybe we shouldn''t have sacked Roeder. The sacking of Roeder has led to Pattison not playing a single game since January. We really could''ve done with him out there tonight. He''s a better player than Darel Russell. But that''s stretching things a bit. We''re crap. End of.

[quote user=City Till I Die]I agree we would be safe if Roeder was still there!!![/quote]you see into the future???? we would have been dead and buried along time ago with roedundant  still incharge

IMO Roeder will be held more responsible for our relegation than what Gunn will be, he was feeding us fans BS the second he took the job, with all this new heroes crap, he built the worst NCFC squad I have ever seen as my time of being a fan, and then to top it all off he let his arrogance get in the way of us keeping hold of one of our best players. Roeder can go to hell.

What you show is the boards ineptitude.

1) Hire useless rookie in Grant, who is nice but clueless

2) Hire an experience tactician- who is a nob and upsets players and fans

3) Hire useless rookie in Gunn- who is nice but clueless

Its ruddy Groundhog day...but the buck stops with appointments. We need someone as nice as Gunn and yet as tactically savvy as Roeder...until then...weep

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]People have short memories, kept us up last season and would have done it again.[/quote]For f*ck sake. He kept us up because he came in a scared the shit out of the players, kicked them all up the arse. But then he kept doing it every single week. The effect kind of wears off eventually and then becomes a very negative thing. If only you knew half the things I know about Roeder. He HAD to go. The problem was when the board made the shocking decision of appointing Gunn which ultimately has seen us finished off in to League 1.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]Answer the question. Is Roeder better than Gunn? In my view... yes. Thats what I asked.[/quote]No.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]Did you watch the game today. How can Carney get a game. He is useless and is a Gunn signing![/quote]Completely agree. I can''t believe that Carney has managed to make a career out of being a professional footballer. It''s shocking, as is Gunn''s inexplicable constant picking of him.

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]sacking glenn roeder was an absolute disgrace[/quote]

Totally agree - we should have never sacked Roeder.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Lupo Loop"]Did you watch the game today. How can Carney get a game. He is useless and is a Gunn signing![/quote]Completely agree. I can''t believe that Carney has managed to make a career out of being a professional footballer. It''s shocking, as is Gunn''s inexplicable constant picking of him.[/quote]Sadly Carney probably has to be blamed on my old hero Chippy who rated him from his time in Australia. If so, proves how irrelevant Crook''s experience from Australia is going to be in a Championship/League 1 context.

[quote user="Grando"][quote user="JTG"][quote user="Lupo Loop"]Did you watch the game today. How can Carney get a game. He is useless and is a Gunn signing![/quote]Completely agree. I can''t believe that Carney has managed to make a career out of being a professional footballer. It''s shocking, as is Gunn''s inexplicable constant picking of him.[/quote]Sadly Carney probably has to be blamed on my old hero Chippy who rated him from his time in Australia. If so, proves how irrelevant Crook''s experience from Australia is going to be in a Championship/League 1 context.[/quote]Spot on. Still Gunn has to be blamed for continuously picking him though.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]End of.
[/quote]

May be he was, but the bottom line is it was Roeder who ripped the heart out of the club and Gunny was left to pick up the pieces.

[quote user="City Till I Die"]I agree we would be safe if Roeder was still there!!![/quote]

have you been drinking?!

we''d of had less points than Charlton if Roeder had stayed!

jas :)

You should look a little closer to home. It is the board who ripped the heart out of the club. They failed to back Roeder and allow him the funds to change things. Grant was the one who started the rot.

If Gunn was never going to keep us up, why did we bother sacking Roeder and appointing him? To keep the majority of you muppets happy?