Sign in to follow this  
Vinny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunn the Legend, Turns into Gunn the Villain !!!!

When the announcement that Bryan Gunn was to be the new manager at Norwich, the majority of you lot on here were hailing the return of the legends with Crooky and Butterworth at the helm.

Now after reading the posts on here you have nailed him to the cross and put most of the blame on his doorstep.

Bryan has little if no funds at all and tried to fill positions we are weak at with loan players !

Blame must come from a higher source i e The Board. The only way you will hurt these people is staying away, but will you lot keeping dipping in your pockets and renewing your season tickets they love you and will fill you with bulls*it and cr*p football..

Being a supporter for 36 years this season has been the worse I have ever witnessed and unfortunately next season will be as bad.

Like the sheep you all are,keep renewing your  season tickets and whilst you were all walking home from last nights shower of sh*t contemplating jumping in the Wensum, remember the board were having a good laugh at you all.

O T B C Norwich City F C         R I P............................

It''s certainly not Gunn''s fault we''re in the situation we are, it''s the boards.

Blaming season ticket holders who renewed such as myself isn''t right either... if wanting to support my club is wrong then there''s something seriously wrong with your logic.

I was never a fan of the gunn appointment, hes not a manager, we needed someone with experience. The board took the normal "itll be a miracle if we stay up attitude like they and worthington did in the prem. But why you are getting on the backs of local supporters who stand by their club through the rough as well as the good times i have no idea. I would support the team even if we went down to league two next year.

I thought is smacked of desperation, and personally thought it was a route to disaster. I actually think MOST fans thought Gunn etc''s appointment was a desperate gamble, but gave him a chance as he is respected and the team he brought in were good old ex norwich players.Bottom line is if they had brought in Boothroyd instead of Roeder this whole mess could have been avoided.

[quote user="Pastry"]I thought is smacked of desperation, and personally thought it was a route to disaster. I actually think MOST fans thought Gunn etc''s appointment was a desperate gamble, but gave him a chance as he is respected and the team he brought in were good old ex norwich players.Bottom line is if they had brought in Boothroyd instead of Roeder this whole mess could have been avoided.

[/quote]I blame the board for the mistakes they have made but to blame them for not appointing Boothroyd instead of Roeder is laughable.  Incase you had forgotten at the time of Roeders appointment Watford were looking like they were heading back to the Prem.  Why the hell would he have left Watford for City at that time?

Did we approach him, or anyone else, or just sit back and wait for applications, in stark contrast to Ipswich.[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Pastry"]I thought is smacked of desperation, and personally thought it was a route to disaster. I actually think MOST fans thought Gunn etc''s appointment was a desperate gamble, but gave him a chance as he is respected and the team he brought in were good old ex norwich players.Bottom line is if they had brought in Boothroyd instead of Roeder this whole mess could have been avoided.

[/quote]I blame the board for the mistakes they have made but to blame them for not appointing Boothroyd instead of Roeder is laughable.  Incase you had forgotten at the time of Roeders appointment Watford were looking like they were heading back to the Prem.  Why the hell would he have left Watford for City at that time?[/quote]

The day we beat Barnsley 4-0 i said thats it they will give Gunn the job now and thats us down , it was so clear what was going to happen , you dont put a complete novice in charge and especially when you are about 6th from bottom and playing poorly. Hope he walks away but dont think he will , certainly cannot see us contending at the top end of league 1 with him in charge.

I know this is no consolation lads but this is almost mirroring our demise in 2003, we brought back a Wednesday legend in Chris Turner (ex Keeper too) to help us avoid the drop but he ultimately failed and we ended in the third tier and it looked bleak, it got worse for us we nearly saw the fourth tier for the first time in our history BUT the club acted and brought in a man suited to that level and maybe this level in Paul Sturrock, he turned a new team into promtion candidates, we took over 42,000 to Cardiff in the play-off final in 2005 and we''re now established back in the championship albeit with a £25m debt.

You''ll bounce back

If this board remain the appointment of Gunn as manager for next season is yet another mistake waiting to happen. Great bloke but certainly not a manager imo.

Irrespective of whether he had  the resources or not he made too many bad team selections, and was woefully late in making changes when plan A wasn''t working.  Loyalty to players like Russell and Otsemebor didn''t help his cause either, and playing people out of their natural position contributed to the poor results.

Hope he does the decent thing and steps down for the benefit of the club.

[quote user="silver fox"]

Irrespective of whether he had  the resources or not he made too many bad team selections, and was woefully late in making changes when plan A wasn''t working.  Loyalty to players like Russell and Otsemebor didn''t help his cause either, and playing people out of their natural position contributed to the poor results.

[/quote]Concur Silver Fox. My thoughts exactly.

[quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

Yes I agree, he has had his chance and looks like he`s blown it. Even if we do stay up his performance so far is highly questionable and he should  not be  kept on next season. I hope for the sake of the club and also for his own sake  that he can see the reality he faces, if not then he needs to be  given some straight advice from people he trusts. I think  the boards strategy when they apponted him has worked in so far as it has softened any potential backlash from supporters against them. Very uncomfortable for angry fans to be blaming the board for an appointment which in the  main most of them  seemed to  have welcomed. I really hope Brian walks away with his pride intact, there is enough pain and anger at our club without the additional sad specticle of  us supporters turning against our hero`s.