Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Fans dont make a difference

I was sitting there last night in the ground listening to the crowd cheering us on especially in the first half and was wondering if at the end of the day we do really make that much difference - we all harp on about how we are the 12th man but at the end of the day it is the team that either wins or loses a game - look at Reading last night they had about 500 fans against our 24500 fans and did it worry them - no of course it did''nt cos they went out and played and won the game 2-0 despite our vocal support - Chelsea tonight just kicked off the second half with the Barcelona crowd baying for blood but is it helping the Barcelona team no it is''nt cos they not up to the standard tonight - and finally look at Newcastle - the crowds they get and where are they in the Premiership.  I think todays professional players do not worry about the crowd as Reading showed and yes whilst we can offer good vocal support that has to be met with the players up for it and ready to step to the plate and show their metal - especially on Sunday

[quote user="Bomber"]I was sitting there last night in the ground listening to the crowd cheering us on especially in the first half and was wondering if at the end of the day we do really make that much difference - we all harp on about how we are the 12th man but at the end of the day it is the team that either wins or loses a game - look at Reading last night they had about 500 fans against our 24500 fans and did it worry them - no of course it did''nt cos they went out and played and won the game 2-0 despite our vocal support - Chelsea tonight just kicked off the second half with the Barcelona crowd baying for blood but is it helping the Barcelona team no it is''nt cos they not up to the standard tonight - and finally look at Newcastle - the crowds they get and where are they in the Premiership.  I think todays professional players do not worry about the crowd as Reading showed and yes whilst we can offer good vocal support that has to be met with the players up for it and ready to step to the plate and show their metal - especially on Sunday[/quote]if we were not there...NCFC would not excist

I dont mean that no one should go or give vocal support I am just saying is there too much emphasis put on the fans that say we help win a game because personally last night showed exactly that it does not matter how much support you have and how loud they are they dont necessarily help a lot cos it the team is crap we will lose anyway

[quote user="Bomber"]I dont mean that no one should go or give vocal support I am just saying is there too much emphasis put on the fans that say we help win a game because personally last night showed exactly that it does not matter how much support you have and how loud they are they dont necessarily help a lot cos it the team is crap we will lose anyway[/quote]

It''s just part of the marketing strategy Bomber . . . make the fans feel important and they''ll keep on coming anyway regardless of what we serve up.  Best of all, if it all goes pearshaped the fans will blame themselves or each other instead of us . . .

we have choosen to be naarich fans for what ever reason [Y] so support them we must through thick annd thin...sad to say its been very thin over the past few years...but i will support them what ever league they are in [:D] now before all the seats on bums is what the board wants cr4p...i support NCFC the team!!!! not NCFC the current board[Y]

I have to say that last night the support was the best I''ve seen for a long time. Despite the players giving it a good go in the 1st half, the lack of quality in the team was there for all to see.

As you rightly said, even if the fans give their all for the team, it''s the players that either win or lose and unfortunately all season we haven''t been good enough.

I''m sure the players would prefer to hear us encouraging them rather than booing, but if they''re simply not good enough, the loudest support in the world isn''t going to make the slightest bit of difference to the final score.

I used to go to most away games almost, to be honest, out of a sense of duty.  Then i realised there was absolutely no correlation between numbers of City fans present and the result.  If anything, we seemed more likely to lose the more fans we took.

I was watching on satelite tv over here on a channel where you usually can''t hear the crowd but it came over loud and clear, the support couldn''t be faulted. I think it did help us a bit in the first half but we were just outclassed by a team who could be 2 divisions above us. We looked like one of those plucky non league teams who give it a go before being picked off as they tire.