Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Lee F'ing Croft?

All huff ''n'' puff, no end product. Reminds me of a certain Jamie Cureton. Although, saying that, after seeing Carney the last few weeks, he makes Croft look like Ronaldo!

We needed him last night, end of.Well, we needed anyone other than Carney...

All of us who didn''t vote should blame ourselves. The "Croftie" worshippers clearly mobilised their forces and managed to get the Flying Dumpling voted in. The two positive things to say about Croft is that he probably is a decent bloke and he won''t be endangering the lives of supporters in the Barclay and N&P next season!

Its laughable, the fact Doc was 2nd makes it even more so. I would say it shows what a complete bunch of clueless idots we have following this board to oblivion.He is a shocking footballer as is the Doc. The whole squad were not worth the saliva to put on the envelope this year!

My only hope is that this will get him to sign a contract so we can at least sell him for some cash rather than him leaving on a free.

Not saying he is worth much, just don''t want to see saleable assets walking out the door.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Its laughable, the fact Doc was 2nd makes it even more so. I would say it shows what a complete bunch of clueless idots we have following this board to oblivion.

He is a shocking footballer as is the Doc.

The whole squad were not worth the saliva to put on the envelope this year!
[/quote]

Doc was 3rd.

As I voted for Doc I guess that makes me an idiot. I guess thats about par for this message board for having an opinion that does not match yours. Who did you vote for?

i would rather we play Croft than Carney or any other midfielder. at least he will try and put crosses in the box and he provides a bit of entertainment

i voted for the Doc as POTY myself

I told you none of them were worth the saliva on the envelope, they are all F''in useless! To see a player recieve an award for playing in a side that has taken us too new lows is insulting to us the fans.

Well I voted for Croft - so I guess I must be an idiot as well.

Was out of Croft, Doc & Shacks for me as they were the only players I can say I felt gave 110% every time they pulled on the shirt. Respect to them for that.

If Shackell had been here longer, he may have stood a chance, so for me it was Croft or Doc, and that goal against Ipswich just edged it.

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]

Well I voted for Croft - so I guess I must be an idiot as well.

Was out of Croft, Doc & Shacks for me as they were the only players I can say I felt gave 110% every time they pulled on the shirt. Respect to them for that.

If Shackell had been here longer, he may have stood a chance, so for me it was Croft or Doc, and that goal against Ipswich just edged it.

[/quote]

Yep, I must be an idiot too because I voted for Croft.  It really had to be between Croft, Doc or Shackell.

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]As the original poster, I must admit Carney does make Croft look like Ronaldo......[/quote]

Last night was a time for players with energy, tenacity and a big heart and having seen Paterson at Plymouth and Reading earlier in the season IMO he should have replaced the injured Croft. Gow should have been up front with MacDonald on the bench. Easy really !!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Its laughable, the fact Doc was 2nd makes it even more so. I would say it shows what a complete bunch of clueless idots we have following this board to oblivion.He is a shocking footballer as is the Doc. The whole squad were not worth the saliva to put on the envelope this year![/quote]You are obviously a clueless idiot as well, as Doc has been one of the most solid players this season. Yes he makes the odd late challenge now and then, but he is a solid header of the ball, and gets his body behind all sorts.Now, Otsemebor! He''s sh**e!

To think of the great names who have been POTY award (yes, very apt isn''t it!).

I didn''t vote, nor did I get in early to see who won it. When I heard I turned to the couple who sit next to me and said ''The whole of Norfolk''s gone mad''. To which they replied ''we voted for him''!

But honestly, all of you who a) actually voted for a player of the season, and most worryingly b) voted for Lee Croft- how do your minds work?

Madness...

Croft was the best and most exciting player this year by a mile, and he will surely go on to fans who appreciate him.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Croft was the best and most exciting player this year by a mile, and he will surely go on to fans who appreciate him.[/quote]

Exciting? Yes. I''ll remember fondly having sweep-stakes on what row of the River End his crosses will end up in/

Best?

My God No.

...there was me thinking Croft mmust be good, just because he''s better than Carney!

Delia would give him a run for his money!

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[quote user="Felixfan"]Croft was the best and most exciting player this year by a mile, and he will surely go on to fans who appreciate him.[/quote]

Exciting? Yes. I''ll remember fondly having sweep-stakes on what row of the River End his crosses will end up in/

Best?

My God No.

[/quote]

Quite agree - imo it was a strange decision to award Croft player of the season, but then given our crap season there wasn''t really a lot to choose from.  He always puts 100% effort in so that is a big ''plus'' point, but effort cannot make up for a lack of quality: for the amount of crosses he''s put over (was the most in the league until recently, something like 160-odd) he has an awful assist rate (3, even Fozzie had 4!), mostly because the crosses are poor.  You can''t even really level the accusation that he didn''t have anything to aim at, as Bell, in the few games he played, got more than twice as many assists (7) - so he clearly managed to find someone with his passes/crosses!

No, for me it was a strange decision - my choice was Clingan, with Doc second but there wasn''t really much chance for Doc, as however well he plays he just seems to be far too many people''s scapegoat.

Is it just me but there seems to no news about this either here on the Pinkun or the offy site, just seems very odd to me that there was no article at least on the offy website about who had won it.