Sign in to follow this  
Un Worthy

Holt again again again!!

Once again Holt gets the nod over Safri. Once again plenty of huff & puff from the Scot but poor technically & clueless distribution.

Francis aside, this was a mediocre performance from a mediocre side. Don''t get me wrong, I was out of my chair with the rest of you when we equalised, but the real quality in the final third was always from the home side.

In the summer, it was apparent that Worthington needed to buy a decent striker & a tall mobile centre half. Neither position has been addressed. As the season progresses, I am starting to question the managers judgement in the transfer market. Safri, Bentley, Helveg, Doherty (why!) all brought in to strengthen the squad but none of these getting a regular game.

If we are to climb from the bottom 3 then Safri & Bentley both must be given a regular start. This will at least give us some creativity from the middle of the park.

Svensson & Mackenzie are sub standard Premiership forwards (as evidenced by Doherty initially playing up front) & unless Worthington can bring in a decent centre forward in January, we will continue to struggle to score sufficient goals to keep us in this league.

Negative thoughts, maybe -- but realistic surely!!