Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Norwich Fans-who are the majority???

From going to matches, listening to the radio and reading the newspapers and message boards I am still not sure where the majority of opinions are with regards to the current plight we find ourselves in...... for instance you read articles about how the board should go, read how there will be protests if we lost to reading on here and other message boards then hear on the radio that there were only around 20-30 outside the ground chanting for the board to go most of whom were 15-16 year olds. Then there are the away fans who id class as hardcore support applauding the board at portman road after loosing?!! I get that not everyone will have the same opinion but it just seems that there dosnt seem to be a clear movement one way or another!! Are the majority now happy clappy fans who turn up whatever for a jolly good day out? if so what happened to the 12-14 thousand from the 1990''s who managed to remove the chase era??

The majority are fans who are well pissed off with the current position we are in but have the sense to realise that we are powerless to do anything about it. The majority also have the sense to realise that you can''t sack the board, they own the bloody club and can do what they want.

As somebody who was active in the Chase out era and at the time thought we had got him out I am now old enough to realise the protests had nothing to do with his demise. It was quite simply the fact that we would have gone out of business and he would have lost everything if he had not accepted the Smiths money and the deal brokers by the late Geoffry Watling.

Quite clearly the majority aren''t the 50? ( looked like 5 Big Issue sellers when we walked past) who chose to make total dicks of themselves last night. Must have felt really good having the coppers standing there laughing at them and taking the piss

please explain as a chase out campaign, which i might add! worked when we protested out side the ground.............. now you are older, the poeple protesting are now di@k''s??(your words) We chanted delia out, and was set apon by 8 + fans protectin delias honour!is this what we have come to? sad times!

[quote user="jbghost"]

The majority are fans who are well pissed off with the current position we are in but have the sense to realise that we are powerless to do anything about it. The majority also have the sense to realise that you can''t sack the board, they own the bloody club and can do what they want.

As somebody who was active in the Chase out era and at the time thought we had got him out I am now old enough to realise the protests had nothing to do with his demise. It was quite simply the fact that we would have gone out of business and he would have lost everything if he had not accepted the Smiths money and the deal brokers by the late Geoffry Watling.

Quite clearly the majority aren''t the 50? ( looked like 5 Big Issue sellers when we walked past) who chose to make total dicks of themselves last night. Must have felt really good having the coppers standing there laughing at them and taking the piss

[/quote]

I think the majority do feel the same as the 50 but most of us were absolutely devasted and just wanted to get home after we had just witnessed yet another poor second half performance from our so called team when we needed them most.

The fact that only about a fifth of the crowd bothered to stay behind for the lap of dishonour is probably a fairer reflection of the number of fans who have quite simply had enough.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]please explain as a chase out campaign, which i might add! worked when we protested out side the ground.............. now you are older, the poeple protesting are now di@k''s??(your words)
We chanted delia out, and was set apon by 8 + fans protectin delias honour!
is this what we have come to? sad times!
[/quote]

I was simply pointing out that being older and looking back at the facts I now realise we had nothing to do with getting Chase out despite the fact we believed we had at the time.

You along with the others need to realise you can shout all you like, it will make no difference to the position of this board of directors. If you can''t face being turned on by other fans you should think twice about what you shout which might be offensive to others.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

I think the majority do feel the same as the 50 but most of us were absolutely devasted and just wanted to get home after we had just witnessed yet another poor second half performance from our so called team when we needed them most.

The fact that only about a fifth of the crowd bothered to stay behind for the lap of dishonour is probably a fairer reflection of the number of fans who have quite simply had enough.

[/quote]

I fully agree. Unfortunately there are a few idiots on this board want to label everyone a Delia lover or a happy clappy fan unless they want to stand outside the ground hurling abuse at a woman who was probably 20 miles away from the ground while they protested.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]please explain as a chase out campaign, which i might add! worked when we protested out side the ground.............. now you are older, the poeple protesting are now di@k''s??(your words)
[/quote]

No it did not work.

It coincided with the manipulation of Barclays bank in the background that led to guess who finally buying Chases shares from Uncle G.W.

There is no one this time so shout all you like, without money they aint going.

PLease tell me having ,in your words removed Chase for Smith are you still pleased with what happened.

Is the debt less, is the football better, is the club now "owned" by many not a few?

Are we back in the prem? Decent manager, great players owned by us.

Thought Not

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

No it did not work.

It coincided with the manipulation of Barclays bank in the background that led to guess who finally buying Chases shares from Uncle G.W.

PLease tell me having ,in your words removed Chase for Smith are you still pleased with what happened.

Is the debt less, is the football better, is the club now "owned" by many not a few?

Thought Not

[/quote]

I agree with this Butler my friend, well nearly! I just am not sure if Watling was as devious as you make him out to be. I have always been under the impression those shares were for sale in neat little bundles. But there were no takers so he finally sold them to Smith&Jones.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

No it did not work.

Thought Not

[/quote]

I agree with this Butler my friend, well nearly! I just am not sure if Watling was as devious as you make him out to be. I have always been under the impression those shares were for sale in neat little bundles. But there were no takers so he finally sold them to Smith&Jones.

[/quote]

Not devious Nutty,just acting as a brooker in the best interests(he thought) of the club, as certain people would have nothing to do with RC.

I hate what is going on now at our club.

Fan against fan, fan against board. Players who don''t seem to care for anything except money. No bond with the supporters any more.

A few years ago I would have been devastated at the thought of 3rd division football now it just all seems part of the on going nightmare that has become NCFC.We can only hope to wake up soon!!

Football fans are no different to customers in any other business. If you are not happy with the product you only have two options (unless you are wealthy enough to mount a takeover bid) to not buy the product again or to complain to the management. There is no other option because the majority shareholders will always make the strategic decisions and until someone buys them out all the protests in the world will count for nothing.

Most people seem to be against the board. It just seems that too many are (sorry to use an awful label) ''happy clappies'' who just applaud Delia and co, and aren''t willing to do anything.

And to the OP, yes most of us last night were young''uns like myself, but in all fairness, it was a Monday night, it was cold and it was raining, and many people hard work in the morning. Tbh, the idea of being tired at college doesn''t bother me, but I wouldn''t want to tackle the 9-5 after getting home late due to ''protesting''. Also, many people felt simply too numb to stay behind. As we were frequently told, the board will probably completely ignore our efforts. What i''m getting at is, if the game had been at 3pm on a Saturday, the amount of people ''protesting'' would''ve been far higher.

Rant over [:)]

[quote user="hurricane"]From going to matches, listening to the radio and reading the newspapers and message boards I am still not sure where the majority of opinions are with regards to the current plight we find ourselves in...... for instance you read articles about how the board should go, read how there will be protests if we lost to reading on here and other message boards then hear on the radio that there were only around 20-30 outside the ground chanting for the board to go most of whom were 15-16 year olds. Then there are the away fans who id class as hardcore support applauding the board at portman road after loosing?!! I get that not everyone will have the same opinion but it just seems that there dosnt seem to be a clear movement one way or another!! Are the majority now happy clappy fans who turn up whatever for a jolly good day out? if so what happened to the 12-14 thousand from the 1990''s who managed to remove the chase era??[/quote]

As I have said many times before on here... was only a few at first back then against many prepared to do nothing or tut, tut, tut HURRICANE.

This grew to a few hundred tops despite what you may hear elsewhere.

Even back then most of Norfolk was prepared to do nothing as their football team was destroyed before their eyes... not much has changed at all really!

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

Where as you make a total dick of yourself every Saturday and have happily stood by and had Delia & Co laugh at you from the stands for the last 4 years???

Give yourself a pat on the back young man... [:$]

[quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

I was simply pointing out that being older and looking back at the facts I now realise we had nothing to do with getting Chase out despite the fact we believed we had at the time.

You along with the others need to realise you can shout all you like, it will make no difference to the position of this board of directors. If you can''t face being turned on by other fans you should think twice about what you shout which might be offensive to others.

[/quote]

Can take anything you and your other spineless cohorts can throw at me.

Didn''t see you last night... surprise, surprise!!! [:$]

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I fully agree. Unfortunately there are a few idiots on this board want to label everyone a Delia lover or a happy clappy fan unless they want to stand outside the ground hurling abuse at a woman who was probably 20 miles away from the ground while they protested.

[/quote]

Well according to the timing of her departure by yourself and the other numpties on here she was still in the ground when the vocals started outside... not long after the 2nd goal went in.

You obviously wouldn''t know that however would you as you were nearly home and sliding on your slippers by then weren''t you??? [:$]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

No it did not work.

Thought Not

[/quote]

Take a seat Butler... I am worried about your ticker dear old boy... [:$]

You seem to be forgetting the fact that even Mr Chase chose to say that the Protests and feeling amongst the fans had something to do with it.

You must keep revising history to suit your own agenda though hey???

[quote user="jbghost"]

The majority are fans who are well pissed off with the current position we are in but have the sense to realise that we are powerless to do anything about it. [/quote]

So we just have to accept the situation do we?? You think if there were a few thousand fans protesting out there last night that it wouldn''t have made a difference and got the message through that we''re not prepared to sit back and do nothing anymore??

As for the policeman I was talking to, he said they were expecting several hundred after the season we''d had to endure so perhaps he was taking the piss out of the fans who just went home rather than those who had the balls to stay and make their feelings known.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Football fans are no different to customers in any other business. If you are not happy with the product you only have two options (unless you are wealthy enough to mount a takeover bid) to not buy the product again or to complain to the management. There is no other option because the majority shareholders will always make the strategic decisions and until someone buys them out all the protests in the world will count for nothing.[/quote]

Erm - is a protest not a form of "complaining to the management?" Then. I don''t expect my dissenting voice to make Delia go. I (and I suspect many others) just need an outlet to vent our frustration and to get the message across to them that we are deeply unhappy. I can''t really think of any other way of doing that other than to simply not attend (which i may do next season). Otherwise they see things like the ovation at PR and think the fans remain supportive and are given them a mandate to continue their good work!