Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Team for Sunday

How will Gunn play it for the big game?

Will he try and keep it tight whilst getting the Barnsley score relayed to him or go all out for the win?

I''d personally like to see him go for a 3 pronged attack of Gow, Lee and Mooney/McDonald and play Lappin, Russell and Clingan in a 3 man midfield

Carney should never be seen in Norfolk again, let alone a Norwich shirt

Although I suspect we''ll see Gunn keep a similar team to last night and just pray for a miracle

[quote user="sadlerman"]

How will Gunn play it for the big game?

Will he try and keep it tight whilst getting the Barnsley score relayed to him or go all out for the win?

I''d personally like to see him go for a 3 pronged attack of Gow, Lee and Mooney/McDonald and play Lappin, Russell and Clingan in a 3 man midfield

Carney should never be seen in Norfolk again, let alone a Norwich shirt

Although I suspect we''ll see Gunn keep a similar team to last night and just pray for a miracle

[/quote]snap...if i were Gunn i would GO FOR IT....nothing to lose...if we do go down at least we can go down fighting

i was also thinking 433 is the way to go. We have no wingers with Croft and Hoolahan out, and Carney is crap so why are we playing 442 with Gow left wing and the left winger on the right? Madness.Id go with:MarshallOtsemoborDohertyShackellBertrandGowClinganRussellMooneyLeeMcDonald

I would go for:

Marshall

Leijer   Doherty   Shackell   Bertrand

Adeyemi    Clingan    Gow

Mooney   Lee      Mcdonald

According to Gunn we need a ''miracle'' on Sunday so the ideal team would be:

Buddha

Premananda -- Sathya Sai Baba -- Vespasian -- Calanda

Muhammad -- Stigmata -- Shiva -- Lanciano

Jesus -- Ganesh

[quote user="TomSlisz"]

I would go for:

Marshall

[/quote]

I''d go for that.

I refuse to suggest any more line-ups because Uncle Fester is clearly not reading this message board.

[quote user="TomSlisz"]

I would go for:

Marshall

[/quote]

so you would have a team with 6 loan players in it

no wonder you are going down! dont even know the rules!

[quote user="olej"]marshall

leijer doc shack bert

croft clingan russell lappin

mooney lee

subs: nelson, smith, daley, mcdonald, gow[/quote]is croft back? we could really do with him, , Mooney and Lee up top, Clinkers and Gow in Centre, Crofty Right and Cody out left. Defence as it was

Cody needs to be a sub only.  Def recall for Mooney.  And agree about the midfield - the wide players are poor so why worry with them,   and the central ones only slow the pace of the game,  so use them to protect.  4-2-1-2-1 for me

marshall

Ots  Doc Shax(leijer if shacks injured)  Bertrand

Clingan        Lappin

Russell

Gow              Mooney

Lee 

Subs

Nelson  Pattison Leijer Cureton  Cody

Clingan and Laps sit deep and protect,   Ots and Bertie step forward when we go forwardknowing that the deep midfielders can cover wide when they do.  Russell links the midfield with the front three who are a way forward.   Gow and mooney use tehir pace and movement around lee to pick up second ball,  as will Rusty by being that little bit further.

Uses our better players to their strengths,  gives us three strikers and can introuduce cody to his best effect - adding pace when their defenders start to tire and then curo if we are needing goals. 

If Lee has another game where he is marked out of it like Mondays then change him for Cody/Curo fairly early on.

I like your thinking Zipper but think it is too original for Gunn to do anything like it.

I expect to see few changes - possibly Croft coming in for Carney.

If it were me I would play...

Marshall

Ots         Shacks          Doc      Bertie

Croft      Clingan      Russell      McDonald

Gow         Mooney

The problem is that I think Gow needs to play up front again as he is wasted on the wing.  If Cody is to start why not use his pace and energy out wide?  However not sure either he or Croft have any end product which is a worry so maybe Lappin on the left wing.  Lee to start on the bench so we can go 4-3-3 if necessary.     

[quote user="forestfan"][quote user="TomSlisz"]

I would go for:

Marshall

[/quote]

so you would have a team with 6 loan players in it

no wonder you are going down! dont even know the rules!

[/quote]

Oh dear, not again! Gow doesn''t count, so there is actually only 5 loanees that count towards the quota, so to speak.

Not that I agree with his team mind!

I''m guessing that the strategy will be to go for it first half, deservedly go a goal up, fail to turn up for the second half and lose to two headers from crosses delivered from our right side while Semmy stands scratching his arse and Marshall dithers on his line. Not that I''ve become bitter and twisted about our away performances!

And Shacks watches the ball rather than the man he is supposed to be marking. Still one of the downsides of his admittedly much-improved displays since his spell at Wolves and something he needs to work on.