Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Highest earners

Does anyone know for sure who our highest earners are at the club?

I''d imagine the likes of Marshall, Drury, Clingan, Croft, Fotheringham and Cureton are all up there

Will the club have been smart enough to have put a relegation wage drop into there contracts, or could they just sit around next season still picking up a decent wage if we fail to offload them?

Also does anyone have an idea of what an average wage bill is for a league 1 team is?

[quote user="sadlerman"]

I''d imagine the likes of Marshall, Drury, Clingan, Croft, Fotheringham and Cureton are all up there

Will the club have been smart enough to have put a relegation wage drop into there contracts, or could they just sit around next season still picking up a decent wage if we fail to offload them?

Also does anyone have an idea of what an average wage bill is for a league 1 team is?

[/quote]i would say...hoolyhoop...stevanovic...marshall..drury...fozzy the useless tw4t

[quote user="sadlerman"]

[/quote]You forgotthehighest earner and biggest tw@t of all, doomcaster!!!!

Sori, forgot the spaces, that''s what hate does for you!! What''s the betting he wont take a pay cut, IF he stays. Will he lose his seat on the FA council if we go down?

Well according to an Independent newspaper article the average annual salary of a Championship player was £195,000 in 2006, whilst in League 1 it was £67,850. So that''s a considerable drop. To hit an average of that level, and carry some of our bigger wage players (who are our better players), we''ll either have to have a tiny squad, or have a couple of our stars coupled with a tonne of youngsters / cheap journeymen.

I really hope the board were sensible enough to write in wage reductions into every player''s contract, but I do worry about this board doing very stupid things. Heaven help us we''re stuck with Ostemobor on big money in league 1 until his contract expires in the summer of 2010.

I seem to remember our top earners are on about £8k a week, which translates into approx. £400k a year - well above the Championship average. Even those on £5k a week (average first teamer) would be pulling in approx. £250k a year, which is again well above the championship average of 3 years ago. So whichever way you look at it, our wage bill will have to be significantly cut. The big paydays at Carrow Road are over.

I was looking for that survey while you were talking about it - funny old world [:)]

What The Independent''s survey revealed

AVERAGE BASIC WAGE

Premiership £676,000

Championship £195,750

League One £67,850

League Two £49,600

AVERAGE BASIC WAGE BY AGE GROUP

Premiership

Age 17-18 £24,500

Age 19-20 £95,000

Age 21-22 £390,000

Age 23-24 £582,500

Age 25-26 £653,000

Age 27-28 £899,500

Age 29-30 £806,000

Age 31-32 £586,000

Age 33+ £660,500

Average* £676,000

Championship

Age 17-18 £22,500

Age 19-20 £43,700

Age 21-22 £79,000

Age 23-24 £79,200

Age 25-26 £136,000

Age 27-28 £261,850

Age 29-30 £247,000

Age 31-32 £247,000

Age 33+ £195,700

Average* £195,750

League One

Age 17-18 **

Age 19-20 £18,950

Age 21-22 £52,000

Age 23-24 £61,650

Age 25-26 £67,600

Age 27-28 £71,750

Age 29-30 £69,300

Age 31-32 £87,000

Age 33+ £72,000

Average* £67,850

League Two

Age 17-18 **

Age 19-20 £16,000

Age 21-22 £32,350

Age 23-24 £43,650

Age 25-26 £46,300

Age 27-28 £47,300

Age 29-30 £50,500

Age 31-32 £52,000

Age 33+ £45,800

Average* £49,600

*all players aged above 20. **insufficient sample pool for meaningful average.

AVERAGE BASIC WAGE BY PLAYING POSITION

PremChampionshipLeague 1League 2
Goalkeeper£533,000£179,500£53,500£45,900
Defender£653,000£167,000£61,000£44,400
Midfielder£754,000£185,950£79,000£46,800
Forward£806,000£292,900£75,000£67,900
Overall£676,000£195,750£67,850£49,600

Any stats on the average wage of the Chief Execs blahx3?   And can anyone confirm that Doncaster is the clubs highest wage earner?

Think Doomy is on about £180k which will be dwarved by the wages of people like Fozzy and Stefanovic who will be on about £7k a week or £360k a year.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Any stats on the average wage of the Chief Execs blahx3?   And can anyone confirm that Doncaster is the clubs highest wage earner?[/quote]

I have no idea what Norwich pay their players but on £180k he earns less than some players in League One.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Any stats on the average wage of the Chief Execs blahx3?   And can anyone confirm that Doncaster is the clubs highest wage earner?[/quote]

I have no idea what Norwich pay their players but on £180k he earns less than some players in League One.

[/quote]

PS: Lisbie is on £6000 a week at Ipswich.  We matched their offer but he still went, which I understand because he wanted another shot at the Championship League which we could not offer.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Any stats on the average wage of the Chief Execs blahx3?   And can anyone confirm that Doncaster is the clubs highest wage earner?[/quote]Sadly not Zipper [:)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="sadlerman"]

[/quote]i would say...hoolyhoop...stevanovic...marshall..drury...fozzy the useless tw4t[/quote]ffs is fozzy still here! i''m been in Hong Kong for a couple of weeks and hoped he''d have gone by now! he better not be here next season! [:@]

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]Understand that at least 4 players are on at least 7000 a week, whilst one of our players is on at least twice that amount![/quote]I can''t think of a striker, and it has to be a striker at that money, worth £14000 a week on the books currently.  The strikers are not scoring goals after all.

None of our footballers deserve the ridiculous sums of money they are paid. No wonder football clubs are going bust when they feel obliged to hand talentless, numbskull sportsmen wages by the barrowload. It''s nice work if you can get it.

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]looking to far up the field[/quote]Actually, thinking about it Stefanovic would be the obvious answer. coming from Fulham.

[quote]None of our footballers deserve the ridiculous sums of money they are paid. No wonder football clubs are going bust when they feel obliged to hand talentless, numbskull sportsmen wages by the barrowload. It''s nice work if you can get it.[/quote]Absolutely.

I see one of the headlines on this very website is: "Heartbreak for Croft". Yep, I should think he''s crying all the way to the bank, whilst he''s deciding what luxury item he can splash out on from this week''s wages. I can''t imagine he''s losing too much sleep over his team''s plight. Bet you don''t see too many footballers pushing their shopping trolleys around Lidl''s aisles. Jealous?? Too right I am!

good post...... thge fact is the club have been playing for relgation.....why have we got so many loan players???? as these players will drop off after this season, leaving no wage bill for them! also we have evry little assets, probarly 5 millions worth in 4 or 5 players. The fact we have let the board continue in this manner is sad, they have single handley destroyed us, leavung no foundations, apart from good facilaties!

Fotheringham was pretty much named as the highest earner by Gunn in an article in/on the PinkUn when asked if we would see Fotheringham play again. Gunn''s answer was never say never but that he was the top wage earner so it was unlikely that his contract would be extended beyond the summer.I wouldn''t be surprised if Stefanovic was up there - he was cheap if not free in transfer fee terms and has a proven record at Championship level and above. If he goes it will be a shame because I truly believe he is very capable.Cureton I can''t see staying - if we go down Barnsley will probably sign him, after all he did score the goals that would have helped keep them up.After that you have to look at the likes of Russell, Marshal and the more experienced players. Clingan will be sold in the summer anyway so its hardly worth considering him as a high earner.