Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Is there ANYONE out there who....

There are different ways of taking it, at the highest level, its the Board, they spend the money (or not) they employ the manager, and i would think, have to say yes or no to transfers ect. The manager could be blamed, but i think you cant really blame Gunn too much, its his first job as even a coach, hes only done scouting before hasn''t he. And the other way would be to blame the players, lack of effort ect, but the tactical game (lack of tactics) goes to the manager, which then goes back to the board as the ones who hired him. so......

It is tough to defend them given their record.

I do think that they all want the best for NCFC and are genuinely mortified at our current predicament but think that they do not know what to do to help and this is where the problems stem from.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]There are 1000''s out there, they just don''t post on here.[/quote]Inch high, that is the best sig I have seen in years!

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I do think that they all want the best for NCFC and are genuinely mortified at our current predicament but think that they do not know what to do to help and this is where the problems stem from.

[/quote]

Do they really want what is best for NCFC ?? - thats a very good question.

My personal belief is that they want what is best for NCFC - but only in regards to what they believe a successful football should be about i.e the community.

For me this is the fundamental error in their strategy and why we are in the position we are in. Ask the general run of the mill supporter of NCFC what they believe they want from their football club - i''m convinced the answer would be 99 times out of 100 a successful team on the pitch, challenging for playoffs, promotions etc. Ask Delia Smith and the board of NCFC the same question they would say something totally different, they would say: excellent family facilities, excellent non footballing facilities, football in the community, being open, being friendly, not taking risks for the long term existence of the club etc etc

Now don''t get me wrong these things are not necessarily wrong - but for me these should all come secondary to the football on the pitch - that is what NCFC is A FOOTBALL club - not a community service provider. Ask a fan (the community) what makes them feel happy on a saturday afternoon ? is it the feeling you get when your team plays well and wins (or even plays badly and wins !) or is it the fact that you have fantastic facilities, the ability to go to a restaurant at the ground, the fact your company could have meetings & conferences at the ground. I think we all know the answer to this question.

In my view they have constantly got their priorities wrong for the fans - and if you look for the reasons why - well I don''t think you have to look much further than the fact that investing in the footballing side of things (i.e. buying players) is inheritantly more risky than investing in bricks and mortar. If you invest in these things there is value in the shares you own i.e. you are more likely to get your money back when you want to sell them.     

So do they want whats best for NCFC or themselves - the answer is probably both, but to this point in time they have not put their investment in the club on the line in terms of trying to achieve footballing success. Lets hope they will do going forwards - remember a couple of years ago the owner of Wolves at the time sold his majority shareholding in the club to someone for £10 and now look at them. Will our owners do the same ??

Fair point judge.

I have to agree that the focus has been too slanted towards off the pitch matters but don''t think this has been solely because it is less ricky, more that this is what our board know and understand and from their point of view the best way they can help NCFC.  I am not agreeing with them but think that if we had some footballing people on the board who understand how to grow a team and gain success then the focus might be different.

what gets me , most football clubs that are in a promotion or relegation situation , the chairman, owners allways speak to thier fans ,

delia has a bunker , and only comes out when shes drunk and the club is not in a do or die situation.

[quote user="The Judge"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

Do they really want what is best for NCFC ?? - thats a very good question.

My personal belief is that they want what is best for NCFC - but only in regards to what they believe a successful football should be about i.e the community.

For me this is the fundamental error in their strategy and why we are in the position we are in. Ask the general run of the mill supporter of NCFC what they believe they want from their football club - i''m convinced the answer would be 99 times out of 100 a successful team on the pitch, challenging for playoffs, promotions etc. Ask Delia Smith and the board of NCFC the same question they would say something totally different, they would say: excellent family facilities, excellent non footballing facilities, football in the community, being open, being friendly, not taking risks for the long term existence of the club etc etc

Now don''t get me wrong these things are not necessarily wrong - but for me these should all come secondary to the football on the pitch - that is what NCFC is A FOOTBALL club - not a community service provider. Ask a fan (the community) what makes them feel happy on a saturday afternoon ? is it the feeling you get when your team plays well and wins (or even plays badly and wins !) or is it the fact that you have fantastic facilities, the ability to go to a restaurant at the ground, the fact your company could have meetings & conferences at the ground. I think we all know the answer to this question.

In my view they have constantly got their priorities wrong for the fans - and if you look for the reasons why - well I don''t think you have to look much further than the fact that investing in the footballing side of things (i.e. buying players) is inheritantly more risky than investing in bricks and mortar. If you invest in these things there is value in the shares you own i.e. you are more likely to get your money back when you want to sell them.     

So do they want whats best for NCFC or themselves - the answer is probably both, but to this point in time they have not put their investment in the club on the line in terms of trying to achieve footballing success. Lets hope they will do going forwards - remember a couple of years ago the owner of Wolves at the time sold his majority shareholding in the club to someone for £10 and now look at them. Will our owners do the same ??

[/quote]unfortunately, abition is only matched by the wallet funding it.and delia hasnt the resources available or the knowledge on how to make the club a success. and there is no pot of gold waiting to be unearthed and i think those assuming there is are naive.that said, the board have made their errors, in managers they have chosen and the little money they have had, they have wasted.i do feel secure  in the future of the club, but, i dont feel secure in the league we are likely to be playing football in.

Thats not actually true.  Burnley have shown more ambition than us!Its not just about money, its about making sound managerial appointments based on experience rather than rookies and old boys.Its about stopping a manager from ripping a team to pieces and replacing it with loans, which even the terminally ignorant could see was a policy no other club followed, because it was just plain madness for unity and single mind and purpose.It is about gambling a little bit more when its SAFE to do so, like buying Dean Ashton six months earlier, or buying Peter Crouch for 2 million.Its about displaying from board level a single minded, ruthless desire to succeed ON THE PITCH and channeling every bit of PR, energy and enthusiasm into that single thing that makes a club succeed or fail.  It is not thinking of "little Norwich" being happy to be at the party and enjoying it while it lasts.It is about ensuring that at least one person on the board is a proven, experienced ex-footballing man, who can guide where the rest simply cannot.In short, its also about common sense and knowing the industry you are in !

"unfortunately, abition is only matched by the wallet funding it."

[quote user="Pastry"]Thats not actually true.  Burnley have shown more ambition than us!Its not just about money, its about making sound managerial appointments based on experience rather than rookies and old boys.Its about stopping a manager from ripping a team to pieces and replacing it with loans, which even the terminally ignorant could see was a policy no other club followed, because it was just plain madness for unity and single mind and purpose.It is about gambling a little bit more when its SAFE to do so, like buying Dean Ashton six months earlier, or buying Peter Crouch for 2 million.Its about displaying from board level a single minded, ruthless desire to succeed ON THE PITCH and channeling every bit of PR, energy and enthusiasm into that single thing that makes a club succeed or fail.  It is not thinking of "little Norwich" being happy to be at the party and enjoying it while it lasts.It is about ensuring that at least one person on the board is a proven, experienced ex-footballing man, who can guide where the rest simply cannot.In short, its also about common sense and knowing the industry you are in !

"unfortunately, abition is only matched by the wallet funding it."[/quote]burnley do have money behind them, they just choose not to use it as they have an astute manager in place. that ultimately is our clubs mistake, wasting the money provided on rubbish players bought by poor managers. and that lack of knowledge is evident, And as you say, the board doesnt have a football orientated person at a higher level to help the club.but what are the options?a football director?

I think you should pop your self in the lower river end! One Delia out chant and we where linched! And this was after the game, it s testing times being a Norwich fan!