Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

Shackell For Sale

Some Championship side will snap him up. I think the asking price will be about £500k maybe a bit less. Too much for us, given his wages as well . A shame really. A good solid championship player going cheap. If only we had some money.

I guess with the money we''ll get for Sammy, Marshall and Hooahan that we could easily afford the £750k ?? they might want but can''t see him wanting to play in League 1

The cost of buying him wouldn''t necessarily be the problem but his wages would just not fit the wage structure we will need to adopt next season. He would be unlikley to accept a drop in wages below £5k a week and we just can''t pay that sort of money in League 1

Any money we get from selling players will need to be spent very carefully as a high proportion will go into filling the loss of income. At best I can see us getting £1 million for Sammy and £500k  for Marshall. Might get £400k for Hoolahoop if he is fit. I honestly can''t see more than £1million being made available for transfers.

Just really a question of who else we get rid of to lower the wage bill.

Croft will be gone on a free.  I guess questions have to be asked around Fozzy, Lappin, Russell and Patty. None will atrract much interest but will all be on high wages. If they are committed to the club there will be a lot worse midfields in League 1.

If we are to spend money it has to be on the strker who will get us 20 goals at this level. Is Lee the option? Based on last 2 games no. Based on earlier games he could well be.

We should have the money - they paid us more for him than they want to take him back!We sell Shackell for nearly a million, and six months later we cant afford a third of that to buy him back.  Disgraceful, and he should never, never have been sold in the first place.Norwich City''s board of directors really are an absolute shambles.

GET OUT AND STOP RUINING OUR CLUB.

[quote user="rjwc22"]If only we had the money![/quote]

I think the transfer fee will be pretty much irrelevant as doubt we have received much more than £350k or so, so will be able to offset what we are still owed.

The wages are as you say jb going to be the issue - that and whether he will play for us.

Even if it has think any deal will be based on us staying up, if we get relegated then all bets are off.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Would this be the player that Long outjumped twice on Mopnday to score two goals yep sign him up.[/quote]

From what I understand, he was injured

Regardless of whether Wolves have paid us or not, the fee will have been accounted for. So, no, I don''t think we can afford him!

Another huge Roeder cock-up. He should never have sold him to start with. Signing Shacks would show ambition to bounce back from League One. Damn, have I given up hope?

Been excellent this season for us.....but, at fault for both goals on Monday night!  Bad positioning - trust me, a centre half knows these things!

[quote user="Bigus"]Another huge Roeder cock-up. He should never have sold him to start with. Signing Shacks would show ambition to bounce back from League One. Damn, have I given up hope?[/quote]

large majority of supporters on here were pleased he left back in august! i may add!

[quote user="cityangel"]I guess with the money we''ll get for Sammy, Marshall and Hooahan that we could easily afford the £750k ?? they might want but can''t see him wanting to play in League 1[/quote]

Didn''t fulham offer 3m for clingan?

quote by user Lewie Roeder''s revolution

Didn''t fulham offer 3m for clingan?

That was when we were a Championship side - you can''t command the fees when you have to trim your wage bill - Fulham are in a much stronger bargaining position now (which goes for any other interested bidders too)