Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Heartbreak for Croft

I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.

[quote user="cityangel"]I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.[/quote]

You really think that he would put a friendship and staying at a L1 club on (possibly) reduced wages over a chance for Championship/Premiership football?

[quote user="cityangel"]I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.[/quote]If this is true, it coudl persuade Croft to stay. I can''t see Hucks coming back to play league one though in honesty.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.[/quote]

You really think that he would put a friendship and staying at a L1 club on (possibly) reduced wages over a chance for Championship/Premiership football?

[/quote]

He lives here, didn''t his parents move down here, he has said over and over that he loves Norfolk, maybe if they offer him a decent wage together with the fact that his best mate is returning to the club to maybe be player/coach that would swing it?

There are alot of people that dont like croft and how he plays. I cant understand it to be honest. I recon he is out best player in the squad. On monday we did not have anyone setting up strikers or even makeing any attacking runs to be honest. You could really see crofts strategic influence when we dont have him.

Additionaly i really hope he is gonna be fit for Charlton because its touch and go really.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

He lives here, didn''t his parents move down here, he has said over and over that he loves Norfolk, maybe if they offer him a decent wage together with the fact that his best mate is returning to the club to maybe be player/coach that would swing it?

[/quote]

Anyone who knows Crofty will tell you that it took him a while to settle down here, he didnt adapt well coming from Manchester to Norwich, but once he was settled he has always said how much he likes it here and I know for a fact that he has some very good friends here.

I''m keeping my fingers crossed, City may have to pay him well but I''m sure he gets paid well at present. I for one am optimistic.

[quote user="James_NCFC"]

There are alot of people that dont like croft and how he plays. I cant understand it to be honest. I recon he is out best player in the squad. On monday we did not have anyone setting up strikers or even makeing any attacking runs to be honest. You could really see crofts strategic influence when we dont have him.

Additionaly i really hope he is gonna be fit for Charlton because its touch and go really.

[/quote]

Exactly so.   When Croft plays we have width, because he is tactically disciplined and stays on the touchline.  On Monday, without Croft, and with Gow and Carney drifting in, we were unbelievably narrow.

When Croft plays we have passion because he gets stuck in and gets the crowd and other players going.  On Monday, without him, in front of a packed and noisy Carrow Road, in the most important game for years, there was no fight evident, just dropping heads.

When Croft plays the opposition worry because we have a player who can beat a man, and they double up on him meaning there''s sapce elsewhere.   On Monday, with the exception of one turn from Cody (who then overran the ball), one turn from Gow (who then tripped over his feet) and one burst from Semmi (who then stopped) we had no one who could beat a man, and Reading''s defence were never out of their comfort zone.

Croft''s crossing is criticised but who has he had to aim at?   Sibierski (falling over).  The height of Jamie?   Rusty trying to be a centre forward?   It''s a crying shame that he has been injured now we''re playing Lee.  Without Crofty on Monday, Lee got no service and looked ordinary.

Monday showed how badly we miss Croft.

Can someone explain how an old, slow Huckerby would aid the cause in league one where he will just get clattered everytime he gets the ball will help?[quote user="cityangel"]I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.[/quote]

[quote user="Pastry"]Can someone explain how an old, slow Huckerby would aid the cause in league one where he will just get clattered everytime he gets the ball will help?[quote user="cityangel"]I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.[/quote][/quote]Depends if you think Hucks at 33 is old and slow.

[quote user="Pastry"]
Can someone explain how an old, slow Huckerby would aid the cause in league one where he will just get clattered everytime he gets the ball will help?

[quote user="cityangel"]I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.[/quote][/quote]

Hucks still has his pace & would tear League 1 defences apart!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]Premeiership, your having a laugh. This man is an absolute waste of space. I could run up and down for 90 minutes with no end product. I read somewhere on here the other day that he would have got more crosses in the box the other night. This made me laugh as actually hitting the box is an achievement for this comlplete joke of a footballer.Premiership my arse!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[quote user="Pastry"]
Can someone explain how an old, slow Huckerby would aid the cause in league one where he will just get clattered everytime he gets the ball will help?

[quote user="cityangel"]I have a feeling that if rumours are true that Hucks is returning to the club in Oct to help us out that his mate Crofty will stay too.[/quote][/quote]

Hucks still has his pace & would tear League 1 defences apart!

[/quote]

Absolutely right. As long as Huckerby is fit he would rip League One teams to shreds.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]Premeiership, your having a laugh. This man is an absolute waste of space. I could run up and down for 90 minutes with no end product. I read somewhere on here the other day that he would have got more crosses in the box the other night. This made me laugh as actually hitting the box is an achievement for this comlplete joke of a footballer.Premiership my arse![/quote]This whole Croft is sh*t type posting is exactly the same as when we had Etuhu etc. and it''ll be exactly the saem when he''s gone, you''ll realise that for all his shortcomings he''s much better than his replacement will be. Grow up, we''re a piss poor championship/League 1 side and should be very very grateful if we keep Crofty.

Croft has made it clear he will not signa  contract since before Christmas. He has always been leaving this summer and there is no way he will be here next season whatever division we are in. Seems a nice guy but clearly not the sharpest tool in the box and under his agents thumb. Will be missed but not irreplacable as no final product. How he got POTs ahead of Clingan is beyond me!