Sign in to follow this  
Helsinki canary

the 15 or 20% refund on next season tickets

I have been thinking about this for a while and if the club were to absolutley guarantee that this refund money would be used to invest in team strengthening during the summer I for one would be willing to for go the refund - the money has already gone and accounted for - if all the 17K + season ticket holders told the club to put it directly to team building it would create a pot of between 750K -1milĀ£. I understand that some would happily take the money back in todays economic climate and thats fully understandable and acceptable - but for those who have already written it off - how about it?

I think I''ll let the players and staff take their wage cuts first. That should put at least treble that figure back into the pot. When they''ve all done that I''ll consider it - what I''m not going to do is be the funding gap for that bunch of skill devoid donkeys.

I have already heard a very strong rumour that they are planning to give supporters the option of waiving the 15% to help the club out. And there is no chance of me giving them anymore money they have taken enough of me already. And lets face it even if they do say they are going to put it in the transfer budget you just know they will build it on a new conservatory or restaurant something along those lines

The begging letters are already in draft form begging for the 20% to be kept by the club.  IMO everyone should take it back as a symbolic act to show we''re not all mugs.  Of course you have to take the flak from supporters who''ll take the moral high ground and let the club keep it. While castigating us who do.

So because the club is a failure you should pay over the odds to watch it???

I''m a disgrace because I want to pay league1 prices to watch lage 1 football???

I would happily waive the 20% rebate if we had a board that I thought would invest it in the playing staff not the black hole of the board room.

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]Any season ticket holder who doesn,t wave the 15% refund option is a discrace in my view.[/quote]

why? 

there are a lot of people out there who will be able to use that money that they wouldn''t otherwise have.  there is a recession out there you know.

I for one am going to take the refund of 20% that I''m due.  I may choose to spend some or all of it in the club shop but i refuse to pay full championship prices to watch league 1 football.

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]Any season ticket holder who doesn,t wave the 15% refund option is a discrace in my view.[/quote]

If that makes me a ''discrace'' then so be it.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Looks like I''m a disgrace then.... Or maybe I think that Ā£366 is a bit much for League One football.[/quote]

Ā£366 that''s cheap.  my ticket for next season will be Ā£341.60 WITH the 20% refund I''m due.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I have been thinking about this for a while and if the club were to absolutley guarantee that this refund money would be used to invest in team strengthening during the summer I for one would be willing to for go the refund - the money has already gone and accounted for - if all the 17K + season ticket holders told the club to put it directly to team building it would create a pot of between 750K -1milĀ£. I understand that some would happily take the money back in todays economic climate and thats fully understandable and acceptable - but for those who have already written it off - how about it?
[/quote]

Are you nuts?

The board have appointed a succession of crap/cheap managers, the removal of some haven taken plenty of cash away. Those crap/cheap managers have signed several useless players/loanees which has also wasted huge chunks of cash. Blackpool can survive on gates of 9500.

I think they should refund 50% next season as  an apology for the clueless way the club has been run by this pathetic board.

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]Any season ticket holder who doesn,t wave the 15% refund option is a discrace in my view.[/quote]I too am a disgrace.   I will take my 20% back and spend it wisely.    That''s something this current board couldn''t say with a straight face.

Yep. I''m a complete disgrace! The rebate will be going straight into my back pocket! In all honesty anyone who cancels their ticket altogether is well within their right to do so. Millions have been paid out by supporters over the last four years of dross and I can understand if people have had enough now. 

The one thing proven over these painful years is that is that the board are completely inept - they don''t need anymore rope!

IDIOT

so you''d decline the refund so they can pocket the money or invest it in wages for another Koroma. Archibald-Henville or Killen?

sadly most of the players who''ve played (supposedly) for NCFC this season won''t be here next season to suffer the consequences of a wage cut. we''ll be left with sh!Te no one else wants e.g. Ots

add me to the ''disgraced''. they can put me on a wall of shame on the jarrold stand if you want

I love how some deluded fans are calling other''s a disgrace and overlooking the fact that the club is begging for already overpaying fans to pay Championship prices for League One standard football.

This sort of thread is why I love this forum. The club HAVEN''T asked people to waive the rebate (although inevitably someone knows someone who once sat on the bus next to a person who thought he''d heard them say that they were going to), but everyone is burning with righteous indignation about it!

For the record, IF they asked I''d agree that they should be told where to stick it, but the haven''t so calm down before you do yourselves a damage!

If they do ask people to turn down the refund, I will happily tell the club how I am intending on pissing that refund up against a wall.  Thats what they''ve done with my money for years now.

Do you remember the cheque they sent out a few years ago, back then they said that any uncashed cheques would go towards the youth set, guess it was money well spent.

If the refund happens this year I may buy the new away shirt with it.

''If you don''t let us keep it, we''ll slip into administration''

I''d reply with "Haven''t you spent the last few years telling us all how prudent you''ve been as justification for not spending enough money on the squad?"

I haven''t decided on the whole rebate thing yet and I''ll tell you why........ on Sunday the footballing gods will be smilling on us and we will get the luckiest let off and hopefully then somebody somewhere will wake up and smell the coffee.

If i''m wrong then I''ll go for the refund lol

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I have been thinking about this for a while and if the club were to absolutley guarantee that this refund money would be used to invest in team strengthening during the summer I for one would be willing to for go the refund - the money has already gone and accounted for - if all the 17K + season ticket holders told the club to put it directly to team building it would create a pot of between 750K -1milĀ£. I understand that some would happily take the money back in todays economic climate and thats fully understandable and acceptable - but for those who have already written it off - how about it?
[/quote]

If they guaranteed that the money would go straight to the squad pot then I would think about it, but if it goes into a bottomless pit as it has done every other season then they can stuff it where the monkey stuffs his nuts [:D]

Yes and on that note Delia has promissed not to take her money back for the good of the club, she is leaving at the end of the season, She would go now but Charlton owe her a bottle of wine, Then I won''t take a refund either

If we''re down....I''m gonna claim my refund - and then pi$$ it all up against the wall........

If I let the club retain the refund, they''d more or less do the same with it...

I think you need to take a look at the bigger picture Croydon canary as we spent Ā£490,000 on agents fees for the first 6 months of the season. Also look at Doncasters wage and the fact Lee Croft will be leaving on a free,we got nothing for Huckerby....etc. Our house keeping is where we need to start looking at saving costs and at the overpaid players,staff who who give very little value for money and not the fan at the turnstyle.