Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Where is fatty patty???

Am I the only one sitting in the stands on Monday thinking that Patterson could have done a good job for us on the left? Carney was clueless and a waste of space. Granted that he was playing on the right wing when he is left footed (why do we do that? The only successful left winger with a right foot was Huckerby. Can the management not see what we can?) but even so I think Patterson would have given us a lot more options than he did.

[quote user="Jem"]Am I the only one sitting in the stands on Monday thinking that Patterson could have done a good job for us on the left? Carney was clueless and a waste of space. Granted that he was playing on the right wing when he is left footed (why do we do that? The only successful left winger with a right foot was Huckerby. Can the management not see what we can?) but even so I think Patterson would have given us a lot more options than he did.[/quote]

So could Lappin  but Uncle Fester sees it differently.

I think it''s his hair get in his eyes.

[quote user="Jem"]Am I the only one sitting in the stands on Monday thinking that Patterson could have done a good job for us on the left? Carney was clueless and a waste of space. Granted that he was playing on the right wing when he is left footed (why do we do that? The only successful left winger with a right foot was Huckerby. Can the management not see what we can?) but even so I think Patterson would have given us a lot more options than he did.[/quote]You answered your own question as to why Carney was rubbish, he was playing on the wrong wing.  I think he may have made more of an impact if Gunn had the tactical awareness to make him and Gow switch flanks.On Pattison, there are rumours that he was Mr. Roeder''s favourite and was not best pleased when he was sacked.

[quote user="Jem"]Am I the only one sitting in the stands on Monday

thinking that Patterson could have done a good job for us on the left?

Carney was clueless and a waste of space. Granted that he was playing

on the right wing when he is left footed (why do we do that? The only

successful left winger with a right foot was Huckerby. Can the

management not see what we can?) but even so I think Patterson would

have given us a lot more options than he did.[/quote]

You answered your own question as to why Carney was rubbish, he was

playing on the wrong wing.  I think he may have made more of an impact

if Gunn had the tactical awareness to make him and Gow switch flanks.

On Pattison, there are rumours that he was Mr. Roeder''s favourite and was not best pleased when he was sacked.

Last place i saw fatty was in primark looking for womens under wear, promise you its a true story.

Also i saw carney and gow switching through out the game, they didn''t just stay on the left or right wings.

I was sat in the Jarrold at the end of the game on Monday, and I''m sure I saw Patty with the other players on their walk round the pitch. Didn''t see Fozzy though. I hasten to add that I was not part of the glee club. Was stuck to my seat by a now familiar sense of impending doom!

Yes where was he he would have been a better bet than some on Monday and if you play people out of position what can you expect. Patty has a good engine and would have been best bet for me. Then he sends a young lad on to do a mans job for me Gunn has lost it. And why was not Crook on the bench???

[quote user="TerenceLeFevre"]Yes where was he he would have been a better bet than some on Monday and if you play people out of position what can you expect. Patty has a good engine and would have been best bet for me. Then he sends a young lad on to do a mans job for me Gunn has lost it. And why was not Crook on the bench???[/quote]

And this is the problem ...... sent on a youngster! Daley is 20 later this year. In footballing terms he is no youngster these days. But where the hell have all our youngsters gone? Surely we should expect to have some young players coming through the ranks on a regular basis. Isn''t it about time we developed our own young players instead of other club''s?