Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Clutching at Straws

Latest laughable rumour doing teh rounds is that Soton could be wound up as a football club in the next 48hrs,   and so all records would be removed,  leaving 2 down three up scenario.

As we only gained 1 point from them and Barnsley got 4 we would then be in the driving seat and so not relegated.

Inventive - but how do people make this stuff up!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Latest laughable rumour doing teh rounds is that Soton could be wound up as a football club in the next 48hrs,   and so all records would be removed,  leaving 2 down three up scenario.

As we only gained 1 point from them and Barnsley got 4 we would then be in the driving seat and so not relegated.

Inventive - but how do people make this stuff up!

[/quote]

You only have to look at the current hysteria about a flu virus which has killed no-one outside Mexico and is the confirmed direct cause of death in only 7 cases to understand that (see also the avian flu "crisis" which was going to kill 1 in 4 in the UK  in 2006 according to the media). We love to create things to react to, either good or bad. It''s human nature.

[quote user="CT "]Will never happen... as much as I''d love it to![/quote]I''d hate to see another footy club with as many fans as Saints cease to be. There but for the grace of God CT... There but for the grace of God.

I think this straw is less likely to get clutched than the Norwich win and Barlnsley loss on Sunday straw to be honest, but you never know!

The administrators have said that there is enough funding to complete the season (and so keeping the soton matches valid).  On top of that there are serious bidders out there for southampton and i''d be very surprised to see them go under completely.

Totally agree spudgfsh, it has already been stated they will complete the season and then look for investement - I''m sure they will find it too. It''s sad to see it happen to a "big" club, but I''ll be happy for them to not go under completely.

They wont do that with one game left especially seems their last game as no important matter on the final outcome

you have more chance of barnsley being docked points for pitch invasion and fighting with police on the pitch for 10minutes seems their being investigated by the football league for their actions

I guess that this is what Romantic was referring to,but let''s not get too smug about Southampton''s current plight. Administration for NCFC is not totally out of the question by any means. In fact ,I''d say that if we don''t show signs of some stopping of the downward spriral PDQ,then IMHO it''s pretty likely within the course of the next few months.

I know the Smiths,Munby,Doomcaster deny it,but then again they said there was no chance of us going down etc etc etc.

[quote user="canari francais"]

I guess that this is what Romantic was referring to,but let''s not get too smug about Southampton''s current plight. Administration for NCFC is not totally out of the question by any means. In fact ,I''d say that if we don''t show signs of some stopping of the downward spriral PDQ,then IMHO it''s pretty likely within the course of the next few months.

I know the Smiths,Munby,Doomcaster deny it,but then again they said there was no chance of us going down etc etc etc.

[/quote]

I have heard no recent denials, and on Radio Norfolk before (I think) the Watford match Mr Doncaster was given the opportunity to deny it and failed to take it.