Sign in to follow this  

I think we're going to stay up

I do actaully think that Plymouth will beat Barnsley - but you know we will only draw with Charlton. Its written in the stars

[quote user="maldini"]I don''t know why, I''ve just got a feeling.[/quote]Even if we DID, it would be wholly undeserved, and would inevitably end in yet another season of relegation struggle in the Championship, losing on the road to the likes of Peterborough and Blackpool, while being slaughtered at home by the powerhouse teams of Burnley and Reading. We are just a little club after all.

you never know, we could stay up and this flirt with relegation could be what we need to get the board kick started into giving who eer is in charge some money.

But all we can do is hope that will happen.

I still still we will stay up though

I can''t help but agree with Wundaboy. It feels a bit like when England failed to qualify for Euro 08. If we had actually managed to qualify, McClown would have remained in charge and lord knows where the national team would be now.

Do we want to go on like this in the champ, or should we take our medicine and go down, have a root an branch restructure of the club, chuck out all the high wage earners, focus on youth and try and usher in a new dawn? I know which i''d prefer. The only problem/concern is whether or not we have the right off pitch personal to engineer that new dawn.

I don''t wanna say whether we will or not, don''t wanna tempt fate!I guess expect the worst and anything more is a bonus

[quote user="maldini"]I don''t know why, I''ve just got a feeling.
[/quote]

I wish I could share your optomism. My heart says yes but my head (as it has done for the last 2 months) says no. The thought of watching the match is to depressing to contemplate. We can never rely on others. Look at Barnsley v Reading - no favours there. Coventry v Barnsley - same again. Wolves v Barnsley Same again.

The sadder thing is that when it comes to the crunch and we have to win (Fulham in prem, Sheff Wed in old first div c1981 etc etc etc) we always seem to go missing. Charlton have nothing to play for so will probably turn us over. Plymouth have nothing to play for so Barnsley, who hav rissen to the challenge in the last few weeks, will turn them over. Hope I am wrong but that is my prediction.

I also agree with Hucks 96 - wouldn''t that just be typical!?

The other result we need goes our way but we still can''t carry out our part of the deal!

So do I,  we dont deserve it but on Sunday we have nothing to loose and if we play with justo we will win while Barnsley have all the presure.

Its what hapens between May and August that concernes me.

I think Plymouth will beat Barnsley too. I think we need to play more instinctively against Charlton and try and forget what''s at stake. We looked so nervous against Reading that our natural game didn''t flow. When we have played our best this season (5-1 v Wolves) we''ve been almost in an automatic attacking mode. I think if the players can forget about the importance of the result and play their natural game we''ll beat Charlton.

Charlton fan here, very mixed feelings, I have a lot of time for Norwich and would hate to see you go down. However we have had a desperate season and we knew we were down in January, but we really need a win to get people fired up for next season, a completely flat game for us on the last day of the season could sway a lot of season ticket holders to give it a miss next year, we have been awful for pretty much the whole season.

We have looked a little harder to beat lately, defence has looked slightly more solid but panic when put under a lot of pressure particularly if winning! But our midfield is quite strong right now and as mad as it seems probably a play-off quality foursome, Zheng, Racon, Bailey and Shelvey. Only Bailey has been there all season others injured or too young in Shelveys case. Snuff them out and no-one else will score for us.

Hope your team go out fighting for you, I hope mine do, be a first this season.

[quote user="Red..Red..Robin"]Charlton fan here, very mixed feelings, I have a lot of time for Norwich and would hate to see you go down. However we have had a desperate season and we knew we were down in January, but we really need a win to get people fired up for next season, a completely flat game for us on the last day of the season could sway a lot of season ticket holders to give it a miss next year, we have been awful for pretty much the whole season.

We have looked a little harder to beat lately, defence has looked slightly more solid but panic when put under a lot of pressure particularly if winning! But our midfield is quite strong right now and as mad as it seems probably a play-off quality foursome, Zheng, Racon, Bailey and Shelvey. Only Bailey has been there all season others injured or too young in Shelveys case. Snuff them out and no-one else will score for us.

Hope your team go out fighting for you, I hope mine do, be a first this season.[/quote]What do Charlton fans reckon to Parkinson then? Did a good job at Colchester and looked a promising young manager. Failed at Hull but seems to have got you a bit settled and playing alright.

He seems like a decent bloke, really hard to judge, his record is pretty bad with us to be honest, but he came in when we were in absolute freefall and it''s taken a long time to at least slow it down, however he was pardew''s assistant so he isn''t totally blameless. It looks increasingly likely he''ll stay though. We have made awful managerial decisions since Curbs left which has sent us spiralling, I''d probably get rid but then not sure who we can attract who''ll be better and changing managers in quick succession hasn''t worked either. Season ticket sales would be much better if he went, it has been painful to sit through this season.

If Cody starts again with Lee, and Carney is played on the left instead of the right, and Russell does not get sent off, and we get a decent referee, we may win.  

Barnsley will lose 2-0 and so will we!!!! Delia will keep Gunn as manager and we will slip into league 2 next season without a fight!!! Sorry but i''ve lost all positive thought when it comes to this club,Delia and co have killed my spirit!!!![U][8o|]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Barnsley will lose 2-0 and so will we!!!! Delia will keep Gunn as manager and we will slip into league 2 next season without a fight!!! Sorry but i''ve lost all positive thought when it comes to this club,Delia and co have killed my spirit!!!![U][8o|][/quote]Oh dear lol.If we do win on Sunday....nope, it won''t happen.

[quote user="Bring-on-Flecky"]We are playing the bottom club no disrespect meant to the Charlton fan on here. On paper we should be favourites to win this game![/quote]

Why? we are shi**,and have a  manager who hasn''t got a clue when it comes to substitutions and team selection,We are no better than Charlton!!

None taken, we are crap, end of, but things have improved if ever so slightly, I''ve seen the Norwich games this season and you are as poor as us, and I''m not saying that to wind anyone up. There are a lot of similarities in our clubs demise although ours has appeared more dramatic in it''s speed and the fact we spent several seasons more recently in the premier. You would think though that with so much riding on this game for you and not that much for us it''d be a no brainer but then pressure does funny things to players lacking in belief.