Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

is there another team bigger thanus who have slumped as bad without financial worries

it''s easy to shout out leeds, forest and co when comparing our decline, but these all did because of finances, our decline seems inexplicable. Maybe we just simply have''t had the rub of the green.

Inexplicable?  Have you been living in a cave?  Sorry you seem to have totally missed the past five years of poor managerial appointments (old boys and rookies instead of proven managers), you must have missed the selling of any decent player and replacing him with one half as good.   Labour are still in government by the way.[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]it''s easy to shout out leeds, forest and co when comparing our decline, but these all did because of finances, our decline seems inexplicable. Maybe we just simply have''t had the rub of the green.[/quote]

There have been several giants forced to play in the lower leagues, and I''m sure several didn''t have particular financial problems that caused their decline. It wasn''t too long ago when the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs dropped to the old 2nd Division - something that is almost unthinkable now.

[quote user="Pastry"]Inexplicable?  Have you been living in a cave?  Sorry you seem to have totally missed the past five years of poor managerial appointments (old boys and rookies instead of proven managers), you must have missed the selling of any decent player and replacing him with one half as good.   Labour are still in government by the way.[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]it''s easy to shout out leeds, forest and co when comparing our decline, but these all did because of finances, our decline seems inexplicable. Maybe we just simply have''t had the rub of the green.[/quote][/quote]inexplicable is the wrong word, but kinda trying to think like an outsider looking in, everyone looks at leeds, soton and the rest and thinks, money problems, with us, there doesn''t appear to be anything wrong financially, we''ve sold plenty of players for good money, attracted the fans, got plenty of off field assets and spent/ wasted good money on mainly crap players. I just don''t get it, it really annoys me, for this reason i completely blame the board for not showing enough balls since we''ve come back down from the top flight, the thing that really did it for me was not signing Cureton, but not signing someone else as well as him to replace earnshaw, not even a £1m striker or something, like an Alan Lee or Chris Iwelumo of the time type, that really did it for me and was when i lost my last bit of faith in the boards strategy.

[quote user="olej"]We have got financial problems, we just havent gone into administration. Why do you think we have had to rely on loans. Charlton and leicester are as big if not bigger. Lets hope we get the kind of investment that leicester had to bring us back[/quote]maybe Leicester, but Charlton! they''re a smaller club, they had a few good years in the Prem, but that was them overachieving. It ain''t just about Numbers, i know, as it is in war, (spartans...) but i really think we''re in the top 30 clubs in the country, if not the top 20.

Who says we haven''t got financial worries?  Correct.  The board.  Well they would wouldn''t they . . .

Believe me we have financial worries, big ones, and they''re largely self-inflicted.  We''re down there for the same reason that most other "bigger" clubs find themselves down there . . . pisspoor off field management. 

Ok, fair enough.[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Pastry"]Inexplicable?  Have you been living in a cave?  Sorry you seem to have totally missed the past five years of poor managerial appointments (old boys and rookies instead of proven managers), you must have missed the selling of any decent player and replacing him with one half as good.   Labour are still in government by the way.[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]it''s easy to shout out leeds, forest and co when comparing our decline, but these all did because of finances, our decline seems inexplicable. Maybe we just simply have''t had the rub of the green.[/quote][/quote]inexplicable is the wrong word, but kinda trying to think like an outsider looking in, everyone looks at leeds, soton and the rest and thinks, money problems, with us, there doesn''t appear to be anything wrong financially, we''ve sold plenty of players for good money, attracted the fans, got plenty of off field assets and spent/ wasted good money on mainly crap players. I just don''t get it, it really annoys me, for this reason i completely blame the board for not showing enough balls since we''ve come back down from the top flight, the thing that really did it for me was not signing Cureton, but not signing someone else as well as him to replace earnshaw, not even a £1m striker or something, like an Alan Lee or Chris Iwelumo of the time type, that really did it for me and was when i lost my last bit of faith in the boards strategy.[/quote]