Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Re: Cullum won't invest

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="TheFineCity"]Maybe you''d like to provide some evidence that Cullum was on an ''ego trip'' and never really intended to invest in the club? Because as a long time lurker and occasional poster i''ve seen you make the same remarks a few times before but never actually provided any evidence to back it up.
[/quote]

As a long term lurker you should know that evidence is not a requirement. You just have to say things enough times on here and they become the truth.

[/quote]

Alternatively, you just have to sit around long enough to wait for those in the boardroom and their foolish supporters to make complete prats of themselves hey Beau?

Just like thos in the boardroom it seems some of you just never learn do you??? [:$]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="TheFineCity"]Maybe you''d like to provide some evidence that Cullum was on an ''ego trip'' and never really intended to invest in the club? Because as a long time lurker and occasional poster i''ve seen you make the same remarks a few times before but never actually provided any evidence to back it up.
[/quote]

As a long term lurker you should know that evidence is not a requirement. You just have to say things enough times on here and they become the truth.

[/quote]

So you don''t actually have any evidence. Thanks, that''s all I needed to hear.
[/quote]

Pleased to be of help. I also believe that the moon isn''t made of green cheese, but I''ve got no evidence of that either, so it can''t be right. Nor, more importantly, given your line of argument, may I have an opinion on it, nor express it on a forum.

[/quote]

Are you going to answer my question?

[quote user="LQ"]He was never turned down.

He didn''t take things far enough to make an offer in the first place - if someone doesn''t make an offer you can''t turn them down!

[/quote]

But no one is going to make a FORMAL offer if they cant agree an informal valuation, are they?

Remember the comment in the press about the friendly arm wrestle over valuation.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="LQ"]He was never turned down.

He didn''t take things far enough to make an offer in the first place - if someone doesn''t make an offer you can''t turn them down!

[/quote]

Of course he made an offer, it just wasn''t one that The Cook was prepared to accept as it involved her in GIVING UP her shares!

The ''offer'' was clear - I give / loan the club £20M, in return I want the majority shareholding transferred to me. That, as we all know, was the essence of his broad proposal. [/quote]

No it wasn''t, it was £20m directly invested in the club for new shares that in effect would make Delia & MWJ holding a minority.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="TheFineCity"]Maybe you''d like to provide some evidence that Cullum was on an ''ego trip'' and never really intended to invest in the club? Because as a long time lurker and occasional poster i''ve seen you make the same remarks a few times before but never actually provided any evidence to back it up.[/quote]

[/quote]So you don''t actually have any evidence. Thanks, that''s all I needed to hear.[/quote]

Pleased to be of help. I also believe that the moon isn''t made of green cheese, but I''ve got no evidence of that either, so it can''t be right. Nor, more importantly, given your line of argument, may I have an opinion on it, nor express it on a forum.

[/quote]

[/quote]I think you have your answer already. He has no evidence to back up his claim that Peter Cullum was on an ego trip.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is plenty of evidence that the moon isn''t made of green cheese. 

We''re not asking for proof Beau, just some scrap of evidence that there''s the slightest reason to believe Peter Cullum would make such a public approach if he never had any intention of investing in the club? 

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

Oh dear how very embarrassing... [:$]

Tell me LQ and Beau... how does somebody get to be 40+ and remain so stupid and out of touch with the real world???

[/quote]

Well if not believing an urban myth with no eveidence whatsoever to back it up is being out of touch with the real world then I''m bang to rights, I''m afraid.While she''s more than capable of speaking for herself I''m sure that LQ realises that the fact that she knows that Cullum and Delia met bears no weight whatsover in the face of what so many people on this forum WANT to believe. The phrase, I believe, is you''ve been had.

[/quote]

As I understand it Cullum and MWJ met briefly when he made his original offer back last season. This summer when Cullum''s possible offer emerged in the press my understanding is they did not meet (at least thats what MWJ said at a forum at the start of the season - and is consistent with what Delia said at the AGM) although someone (I assume Doncaster and Munby maybe) had some discussions over the phone with Cullum on Delia and MWJ''s behalf before the "talks" broke down.

[/quote]Jim, I''m shocked you hadn''t memorised what I wrote on this subject! In the autumn of 2007 Cullum met Smith and Jones socially. Soon after Cullum had takeover talks with Jones. When Cullum went public in the summer of 2008 he then had face-to-face talks with one or more directors. As it happens, two directors, and you''re probably right to assume Doncaster was one of them, but possibly not right to assume Munby was the other.PS. Still haven''t tried golf!

[quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you have your answer already. He has no evidence to back up his claim that Peter Cullum was on an ego trip.
[/quote]

Think that has to be the conclusion. It just staggers me that people think that a man of than means and who has so many businesses to run would stir this up just for a bit of cheap publicity!

I''d like a go at answering it Jim. I haven''t got a clue what Cullum would have to gain by a few column inches in the EDP. But I do know what Archant had to gain. None of us can go find out what happened. Archant could have a go though. Having started this all off they pretty much left it alone for months. Does anyone have any idea why that is?

Tell me LQ and Beau... how does somebody get to be 40+ and remain so stupid and out of touch with the real world???

[/quote]

Well if not believing an urban myth with no eveidence whatsoever to back it up is being out of touch with the real world then I''m bang to rights, I''m afraid.While she''s more than capable of speaking for herself I''m sure that LQ realises that the fact that she knows that Cullum and Delia met bears no weight whatsover in the face of what so many people on this forum WANT to believe. The phrase, I believe, is you''ve been had.

[/quote]

As I understand it Cullum and MWJ met briefly when he made his original offer back last season. This summer when Cullum''s possible offer emerged in the press my understanding is they did not meet (at least thats what MWJ said at a forum at the start of the season - and is consistent with what Delia said at the AGM) although someone (I assume Doncaster and Munby maybe) had some discussions over the phone with Cullum on Delia and MWJ''s behalf before the "talks" broke down.

I will ask you again thouigh Beausant what on earth do you think Cullum possibly has to gain from a few column inches in the EDP? Why would he want this "ego trip" you seem to believe he was on?

[/quote]

Jim, thank you for actually asking a question rather than resorting to childish insults. The answer is that I don''t fully understand the motives, but I am aware that he owns a villa next door to a football club owner, so maybe a bit of keeping up with the Jones was involved. It appeals to the ego to be seen as a saviour and I believe that, having flown a bit of a kite he was rather taken aback at the reaction from fans, but the fact is that even he admits that no offer was made to purchase the club(an inconvenient truth for many on here, but a truth nonetheless), and in recent months he has been easing himself out of the frame.Unfotuantely, Towergate''s much vaunted trading results have proven very inconvenient for someone who wants to claim that he can''t afford to act because of the recession. The key remark in his reply to James is ,however, the reamrk about an "ailing club". This is particularly bad news for the great Smudger and those who''ve been saying that he was right all along. Smudger has, in fact, justified his abuse of fans, boycott of games and persistent offensive threads hoping for City defeats on the basis that relegation will guarantee the end of Delia and that Cullum is only biding his time.Behold the false prophet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will ask you again thouigh Beausant what on earth do you think Cullum possibly has to gain from a few column inches in the EDP? Why would he want this "ego trip" you seem to believe he was on?

[/quote]

Jim, thank you for actually asking a question rather than resorting to childish insults. The answer is that I don''t fully understand the motives, but I am aware that he owns a villa next door to a football club owner, so maybe a bit of keeping up with the Jones was involved. It appeals to the ego to be seen as a saviour and I believe that, having flown a bit of a kite he was rather taken aback at the reaction from fans, but the fact is that even he admits that no offer was made to purchase the club(an inconvenient truth for many on here, but a truth nonetheless), and in recent months he has been easing himself out of the frame.Unfotuantely, Towergate''s much vaunted trading results have proven very inconvenient for someone who wants to claim that he can''t afford to act because of the recession. The key remark in his reply to James is ,however, the reamrk about an "ailing club". This is particularly bad news for the great Smudger and those who''ve been saying that he was right all along. Smudger has, in fact, justified his abuse of fans, boycott of games and persistent offensive threads hoping for City defeats on the basis that relegation will guarantee the end of Delia and that Cullum is only biding his time.Behold the false prophet.