Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Re: Cullum won't invest

Everyone should have made more fuss when he was turned down, might be too late now!

[quote]Time to start emailing billionaires for whom the recession is not a factor when it comes to investment.[/quote]There are none, unless you know whoever owns Visa. 

Well it''s what most of us have been saying for a long long time.  I didn''t expect much more from Cullum really.Shame, but this is probably the BIGGEST mistake that Delia has ever made.  Stupid cow.

You may be right Jim but IF he was / is inerested in another takeover bid he''s hardly likely to ''go public'' or even start emailing friends / work colleagues is he after what happened last time?? Ever heard of a ''white lie''? 

I don''t particularly want the guy to take us over as I''m far from convinced of his real motives and / or true support for the club. I would pefer some kind of consortium of more local people / fans who may (collectively) have the money / clout to get rid of The Cook. Whether such a consortium exists or could be cobbled together I have no idea but this may be the option that the boy Foulger is (allegedly) exploring?

He was never turned down.He didn''t take things far enough to make an offer in the first place - if someone doesn''t make an offer you can''t turn them down!

[quote user="LQ"]He was never turned down.

He didn''t take things far enough to make an offer in the first place - if someone doesn''t make an offer you can''t turn them down!

[/quote]

Spot on LQ, but you can''t fight an urban legend!

Said it before, I will say it again, it is a disgrace that the board did not get him involved.

And please, no-one reply to me and say "he did not make an offer".

If you won''t even meet the guy for prelim talks, then how can he??

Delia knows best eh...

They did meet.Whether you choose to believe that is entirely up to you but they did meet.

[quote user="LQ"]He was never turned down.

He didn''t take things far enough to make an offer in the first place - if someone doesn''t make an offer you can''t turn them down!

[/quote]

Of course he made an offer, it just wasn''t one that The Cook was prepared to accept as it involved her in GIVING UP her shares!

The ''offer'' was clear - I give / loan the club £20M, in return I want the majority shareholding transferred to me. That, as we all know, was the essence of his broad proposal. Sure, he never followed this up with a ''formal offer'' to buy up the existing debt, buy up all shareholders etc. but that was because The Cook told him where to shove it.  

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="LQ"]He was never turned down.He didn''t take things far enough to make an offer in the first place - if someone doesn''t make an offer you can''t turn them down!

[/quote]

Of course he made an offer, it just wasn''t one that The Cook was prepared to accept as it involved her in GIVING UP her shares!

The ''offer'' was clear - I give / loan the club £20M, in return I want the majority shareholding transferred to me. That, as we all know, was the essence of his broad proposal. Sure, he never followed this up with a ''formal offer'' to buy up the existing debt, buy up all shareholders etc. but that was because The Cook told him where to shove it.  

[/quote]Sorry but that''s just not true.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]This will be deleted, But here is the message while it lasts: Dear James, I was at the game on Monday evening and share your depression. With one or two exceptions there was no real passion on the playing field given the importance of the game. The current economic environment is just not conducive to investing in an ailing football team. Let’s hope for a miracle on Sunday. Best regards, Peter Cullum[/quote]

Why is this a surprise? He''s had his ego trip and free publicity and now he''s trying to save face. He never intended to buy the club, as most of us worked out some considearble time ago. Forget about it and move on. "Lifelong supporter who wouldn''t stand by and watch the club go under", my arse!

[/quote]

FFS. Why the hell would one of the richest man in the UK go to all that trouble just to get himself a few column inches in the bl**dy EDP and Evening News. If you genuinely believe that then you are clearly completely deluded!

Oh dear how very embarrassing... [:$]

Tell me LQ and Beau... how does somebody get to be 40+ and remain so stupid and out of touch with the real world???

[quote user="Smudger"]

Tell me LQ and Beau... how does somebody get to be 40+ and remain so stupid and out of touch with the real world???

[/quote]its called a midlife crisis, where you go and buy a harley davidson, get a skinhead and get a "i love betsy" tattoo.

I

had a chance meeting today with a well known and quite high profile local

businessman. I''m not naming my source, you''ll just have to take my word

for it. I asked him if he would step up and buy the club, to

which he responded he might have been interested in a consortium but

not on his own. It would be like burning 40K per day and having

everyone eventually hate you… what would be the point? Tellingly,

he said Delia SHOULD have snapped Cullum''s hand off when it all came to

light, and she played a PR disaster… but then he has always made his

money through knowing when to buy and when to sell, which is why he''s worth so much more than our "saviours"! He went into a lot more detail about what he thought they would settle for and what a top bloke Doomie is (please don''t… it was a comment based on his actual professional capability in his original job not his CEO capabilities),

but he was adamant that any one individual that stepped into the shoes

of DS and MWJ would really need to love the club and simply gift it £7

- 8mill pa… and even then they would end eventually up being despised

and hounded out. "There is no way you will get a return on your

investment", his words not mine.Sorry its not going to change

anything, just thought you might be interested to hear the observations

of somebody that could afford to buy them out, but wouldn''t do so on

his own.Now… where is that Norfolk''s Rich List thing? We''ve got a consortium to find! (if only!)

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Well if not believing an urban myth with no eveidence whatsoever to back it up is being out of touch with the real world then I''m bang to rights, I''m afraid.While she''s more than capable of speaking for herself I''m sure that LQ realises that the fact that she knows that Cullum and Delia met bears no weight whatsover in the face of what so many people on this forum WANT to believe. The phrase, I believe, is you''ve been had.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]
its called a midlife crisis, where you go and buy a harley davidson, get a skinhead and get a "i love betsy" tattoo.

[/quote]

Or forget that you''re a print farmer, not Che Guevara, and start a 50 person revolution (with special rates for schoolchildren). The foundations of Fortress Carra must have shaken like jelly!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Well if not believing an urban myth with no eveidence whatsoever to back it up is being out of touch with the real world then I''m bang to rights, I''m afraid.While she''s more than capable of speaking for herself I''m sure that LQ realises that the fact that she knows that Cullum and Delia met bears no weight whatsover in the face of what so many people on this forum WANT to believe. The phrase, I believe, is you''ve been had.

[/quote]

I don''t believe the smear campaign that''s for sure . . .

Maybe you''d like to provide some evidence that Cullum was on an ''ego trip'' and never really intended to invest in the club? Because as a long time lurker and occasional poster i''ve seen you make the same remarks a few times before but never actually provided any evidence to back it up.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I understand it Cullum and MWJ met briefly when he made his original offer back last season. This summer when Cullum''s possible offer emerged in the press my understanding is they did not meet (at least thats what MWJ said at a forum at the start of the season - and is consistent with what Delia said at the AGM) although someone (I assume Doncaster and Munby maybe) had some discussions over the phone with Cullum on Delia and MWJ''s behalf before the "talks" broke down.

I will ask you again thouigh Beausant what on earth do you think Cullum possibly has to gain from a few column inches in the EDP? Why would he want this "ego trip" you seem to believe he was on?

[quote user="TheFineCity"]Maybe you''d like to provide some evidence that Cullum was on an ''ego trip'' and never really intended to invest in the club? Because as a long time lurker and occasional poster i''ve seen you make the same remarks a few times before but never actually provided any evidence to back it up.
[/quote]

As a long term lurker you should know that evidence is not a requirement. You just have to say things enough times on here and they become the truth.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="TheFineCity"]Maybe you''d like to provide some evidence that Cullum was on an ''ego trip'' and never really intended to invest in the club? Because as a long time lurker and occasional poster i''ve seen you make the same remarks a few times before but never actually provided any evidence to back it up.[/quote]

As a long term lurker you should know that evidence is not a requirement. You just have to say things enough times on here and they become the truth.

[/quote]So you don''t actually have any evidence. Thanks, that''s all I needed to hear.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t believe the smear campaign that''s for sure . . .

I fully support. It''s saving women''s lives.

[/quote]

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I understand it Cullum and MWJ met briefly when he made his original offer back last season. This summer when Cullum''s possible offer emerged in the press my understanding is they did not meet (at least thats what MWJ said at a forum at the start of the season - and is consistent with what Delia said at the AGM) although someone (I assume Doncaster and Munby maybe) had some discussions over the phone with Cullum on Delia and MWJ''s behalf before the "talks" broke down.

I will ask you again thouigh Beausant what on earth do you think Cullum possibly has to gain from a few column inches in the EDP? Why would he want this "ego trip" you seem to believe he was on?

[/quote]

According to Mr Doncaster at the last NCISA forum a lot more happened than this.

Safe to say that he then clammed up and would not deliver the full story.

[quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="TheFineCity"]Maybe you''d like to provide some evidence that Cullum was on an ''ego trip'' and never really intended to invest in the club? Because as a long time lurker and occasional poster i''ve seen you make the same remarks a few times before but never actually provided any evidence to back it up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So you don''t actually have any evidence. Thanks, that''s all I needed to hear.
[/quote]

Pleased to be of help. I also believe that the moon isn''t made of green cheese, but I''ve got no evidence of that either, so it can''t be right. Nor, more importantly, given your line of argument, may I have an opinion on it, nor express it on a forum.