Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

which players will stay loyal ?

after the season has finished all the loan players will return to thier parent clubs .

considering we have very few players left , who do you think will want to stay here and remain loyal to the club .?

the is always the question are loan players as loyal as a player who is on a perminent contract, and wants to do well for his club .

will be interesting to see , if and when, we go down how many will want to fight for norwich city in the first division .

thoughts?

i was reading with interest the thoughts of  big fellas article , regarding the liverpools fans view on huckerby and his loyalty to norwich city , i wonder how many of our players now got that attitude huckerby was respected for.

I think of the current crop only Rusty and Doc seem to want to play for the club and do not worry about them playing in League 1.

out of our permanent players the only one''s i see worth holding on to are Doherty, Clingan, and Croft. Sadly, these are the 3 who are most likely to be purchased by other clubs

if(when) we go down on Sunday, i''d like to see a complete fresh start for NCFC. new board, new manager, and that managers own players plus the best of our youth squad

Doc, McDonald and Rusty will stay, I''d imagine Drury will stay too. Stefanovic might.

Don''t see any hope of keeping Croft, Clingan or Hoolahan though.

Have no idea why people think Doc will stay. He is bound to be snapped up by another Champ club as he is on big wages and clearly too good for League 1 (however much some may slate him)

As things stand, with no additions, this is the team I would imagine starting on the first day of next season

Marshall
Otsemobor Doherty Stefanovic Drury
Daley Spillane Russell Lappin
McDonald Martin

Which players will stay loyal, well I reckon Cureton, Rusty, McDonald, Lapp''s, Martin, Spillane.  All the rest I think will desert a sinking ship, and who could blame them?

Marshall, Clingan, Croft and McDonald the only ones worth hanging onto.  Unfortunately the first three named are the most likely to leave.  Couldn''t care if the rest stayed or not.  Defensively this year we have been a shambles.  Need a thoroughly clear out, start again, with permanent signings at a low level and try and build some momentum.

The reason we are getting relegated is we have a poor bunch of players.

Loyalty has nothing to do with football these days. It''s very simple. Those who can get a deal in the Championship will go, those who can''t will stay. Any "loyalty" should have been apparent from most of the performances in recent weeks.

[quote user="singing canary"]

after the season has finished all the loan players will return to thier parent clubs .

considering we have very few players left , who do you think will want to stay here and remain loyal to the club .?

the is always the question are loan players as loyal as a player who is on a perminent contract, and wants to do well for his club .

will be interesting to see , if and when, we go down how many will want to fight for norwich city in the first division .

thoughts?

i was reading with interest the thoughts of  big fellas article , regarding the liverpools fans view on huckerby and his loyalty to norwich city , i wonder how many of our players now got that attitude huckerby was respected for.

[/quote]

Only the crap ones........

I think the ones to leave will be:

Fozzy

Nelson

Marshall

Croft

Cureton

Clingan

Hollahan

Cort

Stefanovic

The only loyal ones will those that cant earn more or play  at a higher level next season.  Will Jamieor Drury be able to earn more that the can with us on their existing contracts?  Will Clingan stay to dig us out of the mess he helped bury us in when another champs club comes calling? 

Player loyalty to a club died long ago - its all about loyalty to the £££.

I''d happily see Marshall leave and us bring in another keeper, the same with Clingan, if we can get a decent sized fee for them of course.

Croft is 50/50, I guess it depends who he gets offers from but I genuinely believe he wants to stay and if the offer is right (and if we can afford his wages if in League 1?) then he will sign for another year or two

Doc will depend on who is manager I guess, but I think he would do ok in League 1 as he wins a majority of his headers. Stefanovic will depend on his wages and if he can stay fit, again I think he would be valuable in League 1. The same applies to Drury. Pattison will depend on who is manager and Fozzy is as good as gone. In my opinion Cureton''s future depends on who is manager but I can see him leaving too.

I think Semmy may go, as I heard rumours he was unhappy when he was not playing and that Norwich had enquiries for him (this was a while ago though, maybe under Grant?). If the fans keep getting on his back he may fancy a fresh start somewhere, which wouldnt be a bad thing for most people involved.

Spillane and Martin will stay providing they both get regular games, neither will want to sit on the bench.

Lappin and McDonald look likely to be here next year and I think Russell maybe inclined to stay too, as he seems to have genuine passion for the club.

I think the question you ask is wrong TBH.  The question should be:"which players will the board accept offers for regardless of if they want to stay and get us back up/"[quote user="singing canary"]

thoughts?

[/quote]

If we can keep hold of Clingan, Doherty, Croft and Marshall, then the management should be praised.

Im sure out of the little pulling power we have left, Gunn can convince these lads to stay.

thoughts?

[/quote]

Well I think it''s thier bloody fault we are where we are so they should all stay to fight next season, why should they be allowed to go up to higher clubs make them pay for the crap football they have been showing us   

thoughts?

You have forgot to ask the question "which players will the NCFC board want to keep?".

Make no mistake Doncaster and co will now use this opportunity to get rid of the higher earners at the club. The club is apparently losing money every week mainly because of players wages. If we carry on like this then we will go into administration sooner or later. It would not even surprise me if secretly those on the board are happy that we are likely to be relegated as they will see this as an excellent opportunity to "get the house in order".

[/quote]

There is an unbelievably large job to do in the summer, we cannot afford to keep senior pros like Russell, Cureton and Drury on their wages plus they would make someone''s championship squad. so what are we left with, Lappin and the kids?  Rudd,  Korey, Adeyemi, Lathorpe,Spillane, Lappin  Daley, McDonald, Martin.

Sold: Marshall , Semmy, Clingan, Doc, Hooly

Croft - Free          

Loan returns: Mooney, Lee (maybe coming back), Bertrand, Shackell, Leijer, Carney, Gow                                                    

Released: Drury Russel Pattison Stefanovic Cureton Nelson Cort Lappin (possibly).

Already Out - Eagle, Fozzy  

OMG!

There''s not many I particularly want to keep but the ones I''d like to see stay are

Clingon

Hooligan

Cody

Doc

Shackell

the rest of them are shite as far as I''m concerned.

[quote user="book end"]

There is an unbelievably large job to do in the summer, we cannot afford to keep senior pros like Russell, Cureton and Drury on their wages plus they would make someone''s championship squad. so what are we left with, Lappin and the kids?  Rudd,  Korey, Adeyemi, Lathorpe,Spillane, Lappin  Daley, McDonald, Martin.

Sold: Marshall , Semmy, Clingan, Doc, Hooly

Croft - Free          

Loan returns: Mooney, Lee (maybe coming back), Bertrand, Shackell, Leijer, Carney, Gow                                                    

Released: Drury Russel Pattison Stefanovic Cureton Nelson Cort Lappin (possibly).

Already Out - Eagle, Fozzy  

OMG!

[/quote]

I can''t imagine anyone actually paying for that dozy git Otsemebor.