Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Which has been your favourite ever NCFC side

Anyone up for some reminiscing? I need some sort of positive post just to give me some sort of distraction from the impending doom...

Loads to choose from, I used to idolise the 1993/94 side; but having watched my season review vids from early90s onwards, I think my fave side has to be the one from our play-off year. Not quite the finished article (as proved at Cardiff) but still a well-balanced side brimming with ''heros''.

Green

Nedergaard  Mackay  Fleming  Drury

Rivers  Holt  Mulryne  McVeigh

Roberts  Neilsen

Kenton

Abbey

Notman

Libbra

Russell

Sutch

I loved the guile of McVeigh on the left, the talismanic presence of Iwwwwwan, the explosive impact of Libbra and Neilsen (when they first arrived) and the perfect blend in midfield of Holt and Mulryne.

Whats yours?

There''s nothing to think about as far as I''m concerned! The class of 92/93 are our best ever team & we sadly will never be that good again!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]There''s nothing to think about as far as I''m concerned! The class of 92/93 are our best ever team & we sadly will never be that good again![/quote]

The 59 ers, best side I''ve ever seen.

I reckon our best ever team was the Stringer/Williams team from the late 80''s and if Chris Sutton had been born a few years earlier we could we have won the double!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon our best ever team was the Stringer/Williams team from the late 80''s and if Chris Sutton had been born a few years earlier we could we have won the double!

[/quote]

Ahmen to that!

1.. chris woods.

2...ian culverhouse.

3..mark bowen

4..andy linighan.

5..ian butterworth

6..andy towensend.

7..darren huckerby

8..chris sutton

9.dean ashton

11..dale gordon

subs  robert green, ian crook, craig belamy,malky mckay,damien francis.

[quote user="singing canary"]

1.. chris woods.

2...ian culverhouse.

3..mark bowen

4..andy linighan.

5..ian butterworth

6..andy towensend.

7..darren huckerby

8..chris sutton

9.dean ashton

11..dale gordon

subs  robert green, ian crook, craig belamy,malky mckay,damien francis.

[/quote]

Just shows how far the quality of our team has dropped.

Favourite (not necessarily best) . . . the 1972 promotion winning side

Guts and determination in abundance, fit as a pack of butcher''s dogs, superb team spirit and touches of real quality

I first started watching City in 85, so I was very spoiled in the early years. For that reason I''m not sure I appreciated how just how good that Stringer team was. As far as I was concerned, Norwich were always that good.

While they obviously weren''t anywhere near as talented, I agree with the OP that the play-off team gave me a lot of pleasure. A team of honest, decent blokes, epitomised by the fabulous Gary Holt, who gave us the sense that the good times might be coming back after years of mediocrity. And they were, for a while.

Malky''s header in the play-off semi final against Wolves is my favourite Carrow Road moment, even ahead of Goss''s goal against Bayern, because of the intensity of the joy that it provoked. Norwich are back, that roar said. Good times are just around the corner.

That seems like a very long time ago now.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

I first started watching City in 85, so I was very spoiled in the early years. For that reason I''m not sure I appreciated how just how good that Stringer team was. As far as I was concerned, Norwich were always that good.

While they obviously weren''t anywhere near as talented, I agree with the OP that the play-off team gave me a lot of pleasure. A team of honest, decent blokes, epitomised by the fabulous Gary Holt, who gave us the sense that the good times might be coming back after years of mediocrity. And they were, for a while.

Malky''s header in the play-off semi final against Wolves is my favourite Carrow Road moment, even ahead of Goss''s goal against Bayern, because of the intensity of the joy that it provoked. Norwich are back, that roar said. Good times are just around the corner.

That seems like a very long time ago now.

[/quote]

Yes Robert, amazing times in 2002. Right up there with the best for me too. That game against Wolves I just knew we would win. Even when they scored first I told my daughter not to worry because we were going to win. I loved the headed goal be WLY, it looked so good from where we stood in the Barclay. But that Malky goal was the one that made me believe we would get to Cardiff. We went to the 2nd leg and held on. It was backs to the wall stuff at times and I must admit to getting a bit nervous after Cooper scored but we got there. And the magic moment for me was as the clock was ticking down Iwan won a free kick right in front of us. he lay on the ground motionless until the ref gave the foul and then looked up at us, gave a great big toothless grin and clenched his fist as if to say we are there lads!! The club and fans were as one then and those days will come again.

im only 16 and have only been going for 9 seasons but for me the best team i saw was the one when hucks and crouchy were on loan cor that was a joy to watch them play such a shame we couldnt have had crouchy permanent

I''m seventeen, so i haven''t seen some of the fantastic years some of you others have.Seeing that promotion winning team however, makes me so upset / angry / annoyed at how we have fallen.I only managed to get a couple of my mates into football for the past 2 seasons - they''ve missed out on alot. I guess they''re seeing the worst of it at the moment.I miss seeing McVeigh down the left, or even just behind the strikers. I miss seeing Ashton head the ball into the back of the net, and i miss the grit, hard-working yet talented and quality Gary Holt. Then of course, there''s the like of Malky. Some of the football was a genuine delight to watch, and i don''t think i appreciated it as much then, as i think i should have done considering how we have fallen since. [:(]