Sign in to follow this  

Not quite given up but just can''t for the life of me see where the creativity to make goal-scoring opportunities will come from. We''ve missed Hoolahoop more than I could ever have imagined and it says a lot to me when we have to rely on Crofty''s crossing in the hope the occasional one might hit the target area. I presume he won''t be fit for Sunday anyway and without his haphazard crosses we really don''t have anything at all to offer have in the final third in terms of giving Lee/Mooney/Cody a sniff of a chance. 

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Not quite given up but just can''t for the life of me see where the creativity to make goal-scoring opportunities will come from. We''ve missed Hoolahoop more than I could ever have imagined and it says a lot to me when we have to rely on Crofty''s crossing in the hope the occasional one might hit the target area. I presume he won''t be fit for Sunday anyway and without his haphazard crosses we really don''t have anything at all to offer have in the final third in terms of giving Lee/Mooney/Cody a sniff of a chance. [/quote]

Have you heard anymore about whether Peter Cullum is likely to make a reappearance after we are relegated Barry? I think I''m right in saying you know him, apologies if I''ve got you mixed up with someone else.

yeah thats a good point i am confident if carney is not on the right he is not a right midfielder and i think too much criticism has come in for semmy when he cant do anything because of a below standard right winger. do u reckon gunn is trying to make him a hucks player but the other way round?

also cody has to start cos he will give a worse defence than readings a torrid time

and although we werent good enouhg on monday lets not take anything away from reading they were good and solid - they closed us down quickly to snap out any creativity we did have

I''m 50/50 in honesty. Depends what Norwich side we see turn up at Charlton. If they get going, so will I, if they don''t, well, that''s it then isn''t it.

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]

has everyone given up for sunday? i am actually confident i just wanted to see how many others are?

[/quote]

I think it is our turn to be relegated, its fate, written in the stars, unavoidable, call it what you like so, if we win on Sunday at Charlton, Barnsley will get a point and if we fail to win then Barnsley will lose............DOH ! [:''(] 

we will win 2 0 alan lee brace  plymouth 2 1 sturrock wont let his old mate gunny down .then i can stick two fingers up to all the scummers who have been giving me grief all week  be in the pub on the crossroad  at charlton on sunday  . every body just keep the faith  the fat lady hasnt even started to warm up her voice yet

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]bungay canary? i live in harleston where abouts u live[/quote]

Cloud cuckoo land judging by the contents of his last post.

Yes, it is me. To be fair I haven''t spoken to him for several weeks but that''s mainly because of the problems which hit his business courtesy of the recession. That has totally occupied him 24/7 for several months although he has now sorted out a new deal for his business loans that hopefully will take some of the heat off. We chat about things NCFC on the playing front but I haven''t asked him directly, nor would I, about any possible financial involvement from his corner. My view for what it''s worth is that he is unlikely to become actively involved whilst the recession is still biting whichever league we happen to be in but I certainly wouldn''t rule it out at some stage in the future. However, he has been sent away twice with a flea in his ear and the ball is firmly in the court of those presently ruling NCFC to approach him should they wish to do so which at one stage he told me he thought unlikely. Peter is a genuine bloke but he is not to be messed with! That''s why he''s worth a few hundred million and I''m not. I may have sat in front of him at the CNS for five years as in those days we sat in rows up and down in alphabetical order but sadly his business skills didn''t rub off on me!    

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

Yes, it is me. To be fair I haven''t spoken to him for several weeks but that''s mainly because of the problems which hit his business courtesy of the recession. That has totally occupied him 24/7 for several months although he has now sorted out a new deal for his business loans that hopefully will take some of the heat off. We chat about things NCFC on the playing front but I haven''t asked him directly, nor would I, about any possible financial involvement from his corner. My view for what it''s worth is that he is unlikely to become actively involved whilst the recession is still biting whichever league we happen to be in but I certainly wouldn''t rule it out at some stage in the future. However, he has been sent away twice with a flea in his ear and the ball is firmly in the court of those presently ruling NCFC to approach him should they wish to do so which at one stage he told me he thought unlikely. Peter is a genuine bloke but he is not to be messed with! That''s why he''s worth a few hundred million and I''m not. I may have sat in front of him at the CNS for five years as in those days we sat in rows up and down in alphabetical order but sadly his business skills didn''t rub off on me!    

[/quote]

Cheers Barry, I just wish he would go public and tell us his side of the story in full. Maybe when the season has finished if he is interested it is something that could well happen, if Smith and Jones are resisting his overtures without good reason then at least he would have the fans behind him. It''s just so frustrating to know we have a fan with enough money to make a difference and yet he doesn''t seem to want to aggressively pursue a takeover of the club, if I was in his position Delia would have been history by now.

At last some positivety for sunday. No way have I given up, We are Staying up!! Will win at Charlton and Plymouth will beat Barnsley for us.... Get everyone fired up for the match at Charlton as its our turn for the great escape...

ON THE BALL CITY!!