Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

Prepubescent teens

Sitting in the Upper N&P as usual on Monday evening, we were making some noise (shock horror) up until they got their first goal and the players lost their shape and seemingly their passion.  After this some cocky sod stood up and started chanting he was a real supporter and jeering at the fans that could take no more, and were leaving early.  Now the thing is, is that this boy had never sat near us before and didn''t actually know any songs i think he was just showing of to his mates but it is things like this that annoy me about the current state of affairs at Norwich.Carrow Road used to be a cauldron of noise and for the best part of the first half Monday it was once more but what has happened to the passion.  I for one am one of these people that doesn''t sing regularly.  I''ll join in with the On the Ball City but thats normally as far as i''ll go (apart from jumping up and down when we score which probably isnt good for the old knees) but what has happened?The Barclay is a shell of its former self and the SnakePit is harldy formidable and whilst i know we haven''t exactly much to shout about im just amazed at how quickly Carrow Road has dropped in terms of noise levels.  Even as far back as four or five years ago when we were beating ManUre, the ground was shaking with noise, nowadays we get merly a tremour.  If i were asked what happened i would point the finger to these youths that think they are better than everyone else, and im not saying its all youths as some do join in and sing but its the odd few that really put others off, on Monday i was looking around and people were looking at this guy with disgust and i think had we not all been so depressed i think someone would have said something.What has happened to the noise?

I don''t understand.You say you rarely join in with chants, then blame the ''youths'' for the lack of noise?

Lets be honest, a fair amount of us youths join in and make a fair amount of noise. In fact, its often the older fans who are quite. At Brum away, some old guy behind was mouthing off to us and moaning to his mates because we were stood up, singing and chanting. Not quite sure why we were the problem seeing as many people were but still, to each his own.

I think some people are a little bit too full of their own importance about where they sit and for how long, they are helping fill the ground so what exactly is the problem? Unless you want a hand picked stadium?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Bit of a risky name to title a thread isn''t it???? [:$][/quote]

Kathy got all excited when she saw the title!