Sign in to follow this  
Sports Desk - Matt

Should Bryan Gunn be given the manager's job full-time? Discuss

[quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"] Should Bryan Gunn be given the manager''s job full-time? Discuss.[/quote]

Why don''t you tell us your opinion Matt? Perhaps that will get the debate kickstarted.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"] Should Bryan Gunn be given the manager''s job full-time? Discuss.[/quote]No, absolutely no way.Regardless of what league we are playing in next season a new management team needs to be brought in to move the club forward.I like Bryan Gunn but he is not (at the moment) the man to manage this club.

If Bryan Gunn was tactically astute, then I would be quite happy for him to continue in the role as manager.  Unfortunately this is not the case, and if he wants to come back as manager one day once he has learnt the trade in a lowe league and got some qualifications then I have no qualms with that.  But at the moment he is too inexperienced, and underqualified to take on the job on a permanent basis.  If we are relegated, we need someone with experience to get us back to where we deserve to be, someone along the lines of Aidy Boothroyd or Mark Robins.

Are you really from the sports desk?If so how about some sort of genuine introduction for your second post, like your full name, roll at archant and what the article is about.  Or perhaps you are not from Archant at all....[quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"] Should Bryan Gunn be given the manager''s job full-time? Discuss.[/quote]

I think what the club needs will be hugely dependent on Sunday.

I do not think BG will be the right person to manage us in League 1 as we will need a manager with experience at that level if we are to have a chance at bouncing straight back.  However if we stay up then I think BG will have earned an opportunity to a full pre-season and at least 3 months of games to show what he has learned from this experience.

Whatever happens, I want to see the club do right by Bryan as he is a legend and deserves a role at the club in some capacity.

A good goalkeeper, decent corporate manager, not sure about head scout.

Compere at Gunn club, local celebrity and ex sheriff of Norwich.

That''s his CV where oh where does it show any qualifications for managing an ambitous championship/Div 1 club?

Nice fella shame about the CV, the last line of which will read, last job got my team relegated.

No let him go back to what he does best being a city legend!!

No,

recruitment has been ok...some positives (Lee, Mooney, Shackell) some negatives (Carney)

tactics have been poor (too negative at Swansea, dropping Lee versus Sheff Wed)

motivation looks like has only improved slightly...has for example Otsemebor put in a better shift as a result of a change of manager

too nice - can he kick players up the backside if needed...can he put pressure on the board when needed (like Worthy in the promotion season).

We need someone experienced who knows league 1 and can get the best out of an average budget or squad...Ince would be my choice

Ultimately he''s failed in his mission to keep us up...we''ve rewarded failure far too much in recent times.

I think there has been too many managerial changes at NCFC. Bryan Gunn hasn''t been great, but he is still learning.

It''s is vital we keep the likes of Crook and Butterworth at the club and I can''t see that happening if Bryan leaves.

Therefore, my compromise would be give Bryan six months into the new season. And if he is doing the job then a change is needed.

If a change is decided on then my choice would be Mark Robins.

I am minded another scot called Alex Ferguson, had a rough start at Man United. The board were brave and kept the faith and now look where he is.

Bottom line is I think Bryan deserves a bit more time.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"]

I''ve got to be impartial I''m afraid. But be advised I''m looking to use any comments in an article tomorrow.

[/quote]

Even if I wrote the most eloquent words outlining the reasons for either retaining or dismissing Bryan''s services as manager, I think my username would preclude me from being quoted.

19 games 5 wins......division 1. The maths is simple! Why he was given the job in the first place is beyond me, The board continue to make bad dicsions, fueled by finacial pressure! Delia and co need to step down or we will go under, they simpley dont have the money to keep us afloat!

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"][quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"]

I''ve got to be impartial I''m afraid. But be advised I''m looking to use any comments in an article tomorrow.

[/quote]

Even if I wrote the most eloquent words outlining the reasons for either retaining or dismissing Bryan''s services as manager, I think my username would preclude me from being quoted.

[/quote]

That''s a big boast. Let''s see the quality of the copy and I''ll be the judge.

To be serious for a moment, I wanted it to work out well for Bryan - I really did, and let''s face it the future of NCFC depends to a great extent on Team Gunn succeeding in their various managerial roles, but I have to say the way it has panned out could not be too much worse. Having said that, I''m not too sure that another manager would have done better with the limited resources at his disposal.

Nice man , terrible manager , lost just about every must win game hes had , would be a massive mistake giving him the job so expect the clowns in charge to give him a 3 year contract.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"] Should Bryan Gunn be given the manager''s job full-time? Discuss.[/quote]Should? - probably notWill he? - probably yes, because it''s the cheap option.

If you had a flight booked with BA would you be very happy if they announced the baggage handler was having a go at flying the plane today ? no ,so why should we have Bryan as manager , hes not qualified to do the job and has been a major factor in why we are going down.

A definite NO.

New manager is needed.  Perhaps Tilson who the board have stubbornly avoided at managerial selections so far.

Interesting though that Gunn has already been quoted saying he looks forward to pre season games.  Doncaster has yet to refute claims that he has already been appointed.  It seems that the board may reward failure again and give Gunn a full term contract - cheap options "yes man etc.

Can we have a piece of journalism that puts our under achieving board of directors in the firing line for a change.  It is they that have overseen the failings that have gone on at this club.

No, top bloke but I''m afraid his inexeperience at management will doom us again. I have to say that I think the qulaity of the football since Roeder left has deteriorated, much as I disliked him!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"][quote user="Pablos pubic perm"][quote user="Sports Desk - Matt"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s a big boast. Let''s see the quality of the copy and I''ll be the judge.

[/quote]

It''s not a big boast at all. I think the clue is in: "EVEN IF I wrote". The point I was trying to make (and I genuinely had no intention of being boastful, but sadly what ever you write anywhere is always open to misinterpretation, much more so than the spoken word) was that does a slightly rude username effect Archant''s decision to publish? If you liked somebody''s copy but not the username; would you attribute those words to another name, publish the "offending" name with no amendment whatsoever, or leave it unattributed? I only ask because I have never seen quotes from anybody with a rude username printed in Archant papers.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I think there has been too many managerial changes at NCFC. Bryan Gunn hasn''t been great, but he is still learning.

It''s is vital we keep the likes of Crook and Butterworth at the club and I can''t see that happening if Bryan leaves.

Therefore, my compromise would be give Bryan six months into the new season. And if he is doing the job then a change is needed.

I am minded another scot called Alex Ferguson, had a rough start at Man United. The board were brave and kept the faith and now look where he is.

Bottom line is I think Bryan deserves a bit more time.[/quote]Can you please explain to me why it is vital we keep the likes of Butterworth and Crook at the club?You sir are wearing green and yellow tinted spectacles. No doubt about that imo.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I think there has been too many managerial changes at NCFC. Bryan Gunn hasn''t been great, but he is still learning.

Bottom line is I think Bryan deserves a bit more time.[/quote]Exactly! This is the reason he must not be in charge next season. The same goes for Crook and Butterworth when it comes to managing in England.