Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The slight chance that actually, some of the good players (clingan) might stay in league 1 with us

He''s got plenty of time on his contract. We aren''t in desperate need to sell him, even if relegated, and he seems happy here. If we keep him, i''m much more optimistic about next year!

Yeah I''d like to see us keep players like Clingan and Hoolahan mixing them in with the likes of Martin and Spillane in League 1. Just look at Leicester who kept players like Oakley and Fryatt. It is important to mix the young players with our more experienced players.Unfortunately the reason we''re in this mess is because we sell our best players too quickly and never build teams around these players. I guess the same will happen again.

Wouldn''t like to say who but a certain first team player told me last night at this Player of the Season Dinner that he (Clingan) was the one person who is 100% off this summer.. sorry guys!

Think he has to say that, whatever he is really thinking.

Just hope all the people who might be leaving are able to focus on one last hurrah for NCFC on Sunday.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He''s got plenty of time on his contract. We aren''t in desperate need to sell him, even if relegated, and he seems happy here. If we keep him, i''m much more optimistic about next year!
[/quote]

I think you''ll find we are Jimmy.[:|]

No we ain''t, get Jamie, Marshall, Drury, Maybe Hoolahan, Dejan and1 all the loans off the bills and that should more than offset the damage, then we can keep Clingan (barring a genuine £3m offer) and keep Croft if he really is commited, keep Hoolahan, and hope he doesn''t keep getting injured just as he finds form and keep Doc. Even semmi will be a better player next year when we''re not always on the back foot.

The reason Leicester kept Fryatt and Howard etc was because they have a little thing called money, something we are somewhat lacking in at the moment. Can''t see us keeping anyone in the starting line up except Doherty, Russell and Semi, IF we go down that is!

He signed a two year deal, we''ve had a year so if someone comes in with an offer are we really in a position to turn it down - don''t think so

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]Didn''t he say he''s meeting Gunn next week, and wants to sort out his contract to b here next year?[/quote]He said that on an open stage infront of the board directors, owners and fans, yes.. but what he (and his parents) give away in a 1 on 1 conversation is another matter.