Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Steve Tilson, Mike Newell, can you think of any others?

Has to be Jim Gannon from the names mentioned so far. He''s done wonders with a Stockport team that has very little money, and he has nurtured the talents of the likes of Liam Dickinson and Tommy Rowe very well. I did mention him after the appointment of Gunn, but now we have to go with someone who has experience and nous, something that Gannon should fit. However he was linked with the Huddersfield job I think and then pulled out last minute, not sure what that was about, but maybe he has an attachment to Stockport,  not really sure why he''d want to stay there though!

This post probably wins the most pointless on the board for sometime (despite some fierce competition). As Arthur pointed out and was ignored Crook is the man, whether as part of Team Gunn or on his own. No one can see him coming all this way for five months.

[quote user="BigFish"]This post probably wins the most pointless on the board for sometime (despite some fierce competition). As Arthur pointed out and was ignored Crook is the man, whether as part of Team Gunn or on his own. No one can see him coming all this way for five months.[/quote]

Exactly. Spot on! Its already in place whatever happens.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="olej"]paul ince[/quote]Ding Ding, we have a winner I think.[/quote]has he managed at league one?id be happy with either sheridan, gannon, gradi or adkins,.[/quote]League 1 and League 2 with MK Dons.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="olej"]paul ince[/quote]Ding Ding, we have a winner I think.[/quote]has he managed at league one?id be happy with either sheridan, gannon, gradi or adkins,.[/quote]League 1 and League 2 with MK Dons.[/quote]

League 2 only- he was there 1 season wasn''t he?

If Ince becomes manager of Norwich City I will not be able to class myself as a supporter any more. ''Follower'' maybe but my warmth toward the club will be hanging by a thread.

Yes it''s easy being a director ... you just take easy decisions that everyone will agree with ..... and we get a dozen or so suggestions for a new manager (strange nobody has mentioned another old boy - Mike Phelan) which inevitably will mean whatever decision is made the ''told you so'' brigade and the ''wrong decision'' lobby will be out in force.

Must be experienced I keep hearing - tell that to West Ham supporters with Zola or from League One the MK Dons'' fans with Di Matteo or better still the Peterborough fans with Darren Ferguson all of whom had not managed before their appointments and all of whom had a far better of squad of players to take over than the present manager.

Stability and patience. The people we have have qualities that we have not, as yet, been able to see fully benifit the club. Remember, you can''t make a silk purse from a sow''s ear!

And can I then dream of regular first team players actually being produced by our acadamy, who we develop rather than developing other people''s players and could I please, please dream of a club with NO LOANEES! 

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="missing in action"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="olej"]paul ince[/quote]Ding Ding, we have a winner I think.[/quote]has he managed at league one?id be happy with either sheridan, gannon, gradi or adkins,.[/quote]League 1 and League 2 with MK Dons.[/quote]

League 2 only- he was there 1 season wasn''t he?

If Ince becomes manager of Norwich City I will not be able to class myself as a supporter any more. ''Follower'' maybe but my warmth toward the club will be hanging by a thread.[/quote]My apologies I thought he had a season in L1 with them but it seems not.Still, would rather it be him then BG.     Even the Blackburn players have said they played the best football they have ever played (even better then Mark Hughes) but just were unlucky not to take their chances and with injuries.

i mentioned him before...
but having seen his millwall team play, they arent a pretty team.
and they ould well go up under him.

the chances are his side will get leeds in the playoffs and prob lose which means he maybe tempted with a move to a bigger club,

he seems shrewd in the market making several key/good signings for millwall without spending to much, uses the loan system wisely (unlike previous/current norwich managers)

to think millwall since going down have never been in or even around the playoffs until jacketts first year in charge, they pushed for automatic promotion until last few games

did good job swansea before martinez took over, as he took swansea from league 2 (div 3 side) to competive high league 1 side (div 2)

wont be everyone ideal choice as he isnt big name, flashy, young etc....

but he''d be a guy i certainly consider should you go down

Jim Gannon has done a great job with Stockport but is a very divisive character. Some Stockport fans describe him as a dictator, saying it''s either his way or no way - and that includes his dealings with his board. He sounds like another Glenn Roeder to me (albeit with a better managerial record), this is a man who holds grudges and has an on going fued with Sky TV, whom he still refuses to talk to, over a defective Sky+ box. He is also said to have a very lucrative contract with his current club which apparently gives him a cut of transfer profits.Mark Robins is a sentimental choice only. He has a good win percentage but has achieved it playing 4-5-1. Rotherham fans describe their style as boring. Not sure his style would be tolerated here.Dave Penney is now the bookies favorite for the Oldham job. He had an excelent record as Doncaster manager, slightly less so at Darlington, although he is apparently well liked. Plays 4-4-2 but his football is still described as effective rather than beautiful. Fans say he ''knows how to win'' - at least somebody does, eh?Alan Knill, an outsider. Did well with Rotherham until they went on a poor run and he was sacked. Rebuilt he career at Bury as is doing very well. 

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Dave Penney at Darlington.[/quote]Big [Y] from me. Penney has buckets of League One experience, available on the cheap as Darlington are in administration and was interviewed for this job previously, when Granty got the job.

It makes no difference who we get as manager as long as the current board continue to shamble along. If we don''t get some serious investment the only way is down and down. We might as well have Gunny.