Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Steve Tilson, Mike Newell, can you think of any others?

Assuming we are relegated then next season we are going to need a new manager who preferably has managed in League 1 before and has some track record of success.Tilson and Newell  both fit that category and we would probably be an more attractive proposition to them than their current clubs.I don''t think that the likes of Boothroyd (not sure i would want him anyway) would want to manage us in League 1 so that means we are going to have so search the lower 2 divisions for our next manager.Apart from the 2 i have managed does anyone else have any realistic candidates for the post as Norwich manager?

Good suggestions there. I would add two up-and-coming lower league managers to that who have done remarkable jobs on small budgets - Jim Gannon and Mark Robins.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]Assuming we are relegated then next season we are going to need a new manager who preferably has managed in League 1 before and has some track record of success.

Tilson and Newell  both fit that category and we would probably be an more attractive proposition to them than their current clubs.

I don''t think that the likes of Boothroyd (not sure i would want him anyway) would want to manage us in League 1 so that means we are going to have so search the lower 2 divisions for our next manager.

Apart from the 2 i have managed does anyone else have any realistic candidates for the post as Norwich manager?

[/quote]

Mark Robins, come on down. [Y]

If not Robins, then I''d like to see Tilson or a Boothroyd/Malky double act.

I would like to see Robins as I assume he could work with the likes of Crook and Butterworth, who should stay.

Gannon is a good shout though, very underrated and I can''t understand why he hasn''t had an offer from a ''bigger'' club.

[quote user="Evil"]I would like to see Robins as I assume he could work with the likes of Crook and Butterworth, who should stay.

Gannon is a good shout though, very underrated and I can''t understand why he hasn''t had an offer from a ''bigger'' club.[/quote]

Robins????Forgive me for being uneducated but what has he actually done?I am suspicious of people who champion former players for our manager as i suspect they may be wearing green and yellow tinted spectacles. You appear to be doing so.

Have you not seen the job Robins has done at Rotherham then? With no money and no ground, if they weren''t deducted 17 points they would have a chance of automatic promotion going into the last day.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]Just read up a bit on this Jim Gannon.

Sounds decent. Worth a look definately.
[/quote]

Absolutely. It baffles me how he''s completely slipped under the radar but what a chance to use it to our advantage.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Evil"]I would like to see Robins as I assume he could work with the likes of Crook and Butterworth, who should stay.

Gannon is a good shout though, very underrated and I can''t understand why he hasn''t had an offer from a ''bigger'' club.[/quote]

Robins????Forgive me for being uneducated but what has he actually done?I am suspicious of people who champion former players for our manager as i suspect they may be wearing green and yellow tinted spectacles. You appear to be doing so.[/quote]

You are kidding, right?

He has done a fantastic job at Rotherham and he''s the only one of our ''class of 93'' who has proved himself to be a decent manager.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="olej"]paul ince[/quote]Ding Ding, we have a winner I think.[/quote]has he managed at league one?id be happy with either sheridan, gannon, gradi or adkins,.

you have to take a manager who''s doing the job well at the moment

robins, matteo (should they stay down) kenny jackett

[quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

Paul Ince

Jim Gannon

Mark Robins

[/quote]

But......Crook will be in charge! He didnt come all the way back from Oz for a few months in sunny Norfolk.

[quote user="we8wba"]

you have to take a manager who''s doing the job well at the moment

robins, matteo (should they stay down) kenny jackett

[/quote]i mentioned him before...but having seen his millwall team play, they arent a pretty team.and they ould well go up under him.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]Assuming we are relegated then next season we are going to need a new manager who preferably has managed in League 1 before and has some track record of success.

Tilson and Newell  both fit that category and we would probably be an more attractive proposition to them than their current clubs.

I don''t think that the likes of Boothroyd (not sure i would want him anyway) would want to manage us in League 1 so that means we are going to have so search the lower 2 divisions for our next manager.

Apart from the 2 i have managed does anyone else have any realistic candidates for the post as Norwich manager?

[/quote]  i would like to see MARK ROBINS as boss[Y]

I would like Mark Robins, think he should have got job instead of Gunn, at time I would have also tried to get O''Driscoll from Doncaster- league positions were not much different at time, but the way they like to try to play football is not to different to ourselves. The fact that Doncaster are a League size 1/2 club punching well above their weight shows just what a good job he''s done there.

Also Paul Jewell has a good record getting sides from league 1 to the premiership in a short space of time- at Bradford and Wigan- would be a gamble after his time at Derby but would give me more confidence than what we have at the moment.