Sign in to follow this  
earnie1

WE ARE STAYING UP!!!

COME ON Canary fans, we are not going down on Sunday!! I am expecting Plymouth to do the job for us. We have to get behind the team and make the atmosphere as good as possible at Charlton because if we win we will stay up....

Get behind the lads on sunday even more so than usual as unfortunately couldn''t get ticket for the game.

Forget about what has gone before until after sunday and concentrate on getting behind the team on sunday because we don''t want to go down by drawing or losing our game with Barnsley having lost.

Remember when we lost on the final day and other teams won, it can be done!! Its more than possible that Plymouth will beat Barnsl;ey for us as long as we do our job

ON THE BALL CITY !!!

[quote user="Brian Gunns Hair"]You need to carm down PhatCanary. I have seen two posts of yours in the last 2 minutes and they both slag of the Thread maker. [:|][/quote]

Thanks hair,but i think you''ll find that i''m not slagging off anyone,and it''s a forum for fans to give there opinions and my opinion on this post is that no ammount of support can help this club win at Charlton and help Plymouth beat Barnsley.

Looked like a legitimate response to one of the usual dumbo "get behind the team" nonsense threads on this forum daily.[quote user="Brian Gunns Hair"]You need to carm down PhatCanary. I have seen two posts of yours in the last 2 minutes and they both slag of the Thread maker. [:|][/quote]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Yeah, because we didn''t get behind the team Monday did we? [:|][/quote]Wasn''t the best atmosphere I''ve ever seen, not even close really.Being fair, with the lack of effort and ability on display in general, I can understand this to some degree.Lets be fair about this and admit that it was hardly 90 minutes of passionate noise from us was it?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="PhatCanary"]Yeah, because we didn''t get behind the team Monday did we? [:|][/quote]Wasn''t the best atmosphere I''ve ever seen, not even close really.

Being fair, with the lack of effort and ability on display in general, I can understand this to some degree.

Lets be fair about this and admit that it was hardly 90 minutes of passionate noise from us was it?
[/quote]

The noise level at the start of the game was tops mate,as the second half got worse and worse on the pitch, yes i agree it did get a bit quiet.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Brian Gunns Hair"]You need to carm down PhatCanary. I have seen two posts of yours in the last 2 minutes and they both slag of the Thread maker. [:|][/quote]

Thanks hair,but i think you''ll find that i''m not slagging off anyone,and it''s a forum for fans to give there opinions and my opinion on this post is that no ammount of support can help this club win at Charlton and help Plymouth beat Barnsley.

[/quote]

hahaha take the pee out of them Phat... it is the only way believe me.

How embarrassing and some try to claim that we do not have supporters who are deserving of a club in the 3rd division.... [:$]

The point is pastry and phat we are not down yet and we should not simply give up and just accept already that we are down. All this negativity is not going to help and we need to do our bit to get behind them.

I also think that the atmosphere could have been more hostile against Reading.

[quote user="earnie1"]COME ON Canary fans, we are not going down on Sunday!! I am expecting Plymouth to do the job for us. We have to get behind the team and make the atmosphere as good as possible at Charlton because if we win we will stay up.... Get behind the lads on sunday even more so than usual as unfortunately couldn''t get ticket for the game. Forget about what has gone before until after sunday and concentrate on getting behind the team on sunday because we don''t want to go down by drawing or losing our game with Barnsley having lost. Remember when we lost on the final day and other teams won, it can be done!! Its more than possible that Plymouth will beat Barnsl;ey for us as long as we do our jobON THE BALL CITY !!![/quote]I applaud your optimism and would suggest at odds of 7/1 you get down the bookies. Personally i''ve lost all hope and the will to live so I must admit to being a tad envious of you.

It did get quiet, but so did the performance on the pitch. Fans can''t keep singing and chanting if effort isn''t being put in by your team, tho.

I would love us to stay up but, personally, I think it would be an injustice if we did. We have had another bad season and if we stayed up, nothing would change and we would be here again next year.  In 2005, all we had to do was beat Fulham 1-0 to stay in the Premiership. We didnt have to rely on any other team. I don''t have to remind any of you that we lost 6-0 that day and were relegated.  We HAVE to beat Charlton which is no easy feat. Its an away game for a start! Then we have to rely on Barnsley loosing at Plymouth. It ain''t gonna happen. Im not giving up or not believing we can do it, I just know we won''t.  Ive renewed my season ticket so whatever league we are in next season, I''ll be there!!

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]

It did get quiet, but so did the performance on the pitch. Fans can''t keep singing and chanting if effort isn''t being put in by your team, tho.

I would love us to stay up but, personally, I think it would be an injustice if we did. We have had another bad season and if we stayed up, nothing would change and we would be here again next year.  In 2005, all we had to do was beat Fulham 1-0 to stay in the Premiership. We didnt have to rely on any other team. I don''t have to remind any of you that we lost 6-0 that day and were relegated.  We HAVE to beat Charlton which is no easy feat. Its an away game for a start! Then we have to rely on Barnsley loosing at Plymouth. It ain''t gonna happen. Im not giving up or not believing we can do it, I just know we won''t.  Ive renewed my season ticket so whatever league we are in next season, I''ll be there!!

[/quote]

I bet West Brom fans didn''t fancy their chances of staying up that day either. Pooey stuff happens. Hoping for a massive helping hand from Lady Luck.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]

[/quote]

I bet West Brom fans didn''t fancy their chances of staying up that day either. Pooey stuff happens. Hoping for a massive helping hand from Lady Luck.

[/quote]

Very true