Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Bouncebackability

Well do we have it?

Are we flying into Div 1 like a boomarang on its way back to the Champs or are we set for a spell in the lower Leagues?

Lets face it, this year we got what we deserved. We were poor right through the team from the shot stopping but error prone GK, leaky defence, limited midfield and the fact we don''t have a strike force to call our own. Add to that the likely departures of the better players we do have in Croft, Clingan & Marshall and the sending back for better or worse of the loans there isn''t much left.

I only ask because it makes a difference to how we treat 2009/2010.

A three year plan where we build a team over time from the academy and a few cheap young signings.

Or

Give it a real go, bringing in experinced hardened pros for August who know how to win ugly.

What do you think?

Nail on the head Wiz.Also if we go into League 1 believing it''s just a hoofball league we''ll go down- it is big and strong but there is more to it than that- if it is all about big and strong how the hell does Chadwick do so well for MK? Look at the teams that have got out of that league recently- not all muscle and ignorance at all- the Champ and the Prem are just as rough and tumble as league 1 these days and it''s really only League 2 that is all about brave hearts and physical strength these days- and that''s changing a little as far as I can tell.

And where are the young players from the academy? Who was the last player to come through the ranks and be a REGULAR first team player? I am struggling to think who it might be. Youth development must be the way forward but we must get a better return than we have of late. And we must start developing our own players and not those of other clubs. If I NEVER saw another loanee at Carrow Road I would be happy.

[quote user="First Wizard"]If there are no radical changes, and I mean radial, then we''ll get relegated again next season.[/quote]do you really think WIZ??? with the loanees returning and a few players out the door we will do alright...im not saying automatic  but play offs at least...if we get a decent man in charge(MARK ROBINS) cody looks a decent signing and will run defences ragged in league 1 and if we sign LEE i think tey will score plenty between them

Well, in terms of money, which I don''t pretend to fully understand, we had an 8.5 million budget on players this year, and Mr Carrow mentioned to me on a different thread that the club would have 3 million less if we went down to league 1.  So that would be a £5.5 million budget on players for league 1.  Should be enough to get a decent side together, enough to get us to the play-offs you would hope.  But then, looking at this season ?...Anyway, we''re not down yet.  We might be all but down, but we''re not down yet.

I don''t know where that 5.5m is going to come from- surely its 5.5 minus what was spent this year with a little bit topped back up for TV rights?

Well, if turnover is down 3 million, then we just spend 3 million less I''d guess.  But that would depend on the Maj. shareholders putting in another 2 million next season.  If they want to stay in that position with any degree of comfort, I''d argue that they should bankroll a title bid in league 1.

[quote user="city till i die"][quote user="First Wizard"]If there are no radical changes, and I mean radial, then we''ll get relegated again next season.[/quote]do you really think WIZ??? with the loanees returning and a few players out the door we will do alright...im not saying automatic  but play offs at least...if we get a decent man in charge(MARK ROBINS) cody looks a decent signing and will run defences ragged in league 1 and if we sign LEE i think tey will score plenty between them[/quote]

Well CTID, it looks like Ive called this season right doesn''t it?

Think we will be there for a few years , on last nights performance we would struggle and most of those players will be long gone. We have been in freefall since our last relegation if we do the same this time theres no knowing where we will end up , but without new owners i just dont see how anything will change .

Not a chance with this present manager set up!!! Get rid of all three of them and get in a proven experienced Manager with a good track record of promotion.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Well, in terms of money, which I don''t pretend to fully understand, we had an 8.5 million budget on players this year, and Mr Carrow mentioned to me on a different thread that the club would have 3 million less if we went down to league 1.  So that would be a £5.5 million budget on players for league 1.  Should be enough to get a decent side together, enough to get us to the play-offs you would hope.  But then, looking at this season ?...

Anyway, we''re not down yet.  We might be all but down, but we''re not down yet.
[/quote]

Not that simple i`m afraid.....Last year we had an affordable (ie. for the club to break even) player budget of £1.9m.  We could afford to pay £6.8m in player wages only because of a £3.5m profit in the transfer market and taking the hit of a £2.5m overall loss. 

On the £8.5m budget for this year, to be blunt i think it is poppycock. 

Unless the £17m non player wage costs have been drastically reduced, losing £3m in income will leave a player budget affordable out of ordinary income of absolutely nothing.  The only way we will be able to have a team at all is relying on profits in the transfer market (and we haven`t a great deal to sell....), more director investment, or making a huge loss.  In other words our "prudent" board have completely screwed the club financially.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Well, in terms of money, which I don''t pretend to fully understand, we had an 8.5 million budget on players this year, and Mr Carrow mentioned to me on a different thread that the club would have 3 million less if we went down to league 1.  So that would be a £5.5 million budget on players for league 1.  Should be enough to get a decent side together, enough to get us to the play-offs you would hope.  But then, looking at this season ?...

Anyway, we''re not down yet.  We might be all but down, but we''re not down yet.
[/quote]

Not that simple i`m afraid.....Last year we had an affordable (ie. for the club to break even) player budget of £1.9m.  We could afford to pay £6.8m in player wages only because of a £3.5m profit in the transfer market and taking the hit of a £2.5m overall loss. 

Unless the £17m non player wage costs have been drastically reduced, losing £3m in income will leave a player budget affordable out of ordinary income of absolutely nothing.  The only way we will be able to have a team at all is relying on profits in the transfer market (and we haven`t a great deal to sell....), more director investment, or making a huge loss.  In other words our "prudent" board have completely screwed the club financially.

[/quote]

Mr C - what is the £3m loss of income?

[quote]Unless the £17m non player wage costs have been drastically reduced,

losing £3m in income will leave a player budget affordable out of

ordinary income of absolutely nothing.[/quote]Eventguard has been given to the council, the travel shop is no more.  So that''s a few bodies off the payroll.  No idea what that equates to in money terms though.  I think the money will have to come from director investment - if it doesn''t then surely there will be discontent if we fail to challenge for the top 6 in league 1 ?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]And where are the young players from the academy? Who was the last player to come through the ranks and be a REGULAR first team player? I am struggling to think who it might be. Youth development must be the way forward but we must get a better return than we have of late. And we must start developing our own players and not those of other clubs. If I NEVER saw another loanee at Carrow Road I would be happy.[/quote]

With the possible exception of Shackell,the last outfield player to come out of the academy who was any good,and who went on  to make it big time was.........Craig Bellamy. Frightening isn''t it?

Without root and branch reform (ie new owners/board etc),far fewer hangers on (please note, Mr Doomcaster), a management/coaching team who know their way down the lower leagues,then mid-table AT BEST in Lge One  is what beckons for NCFC over the next few years.

All this debate about money is pointless. We''ll still have far more dosh than most teams in Lge One. It''s just how we use it,as opposed to misuse it ,which has been the fashion over the last 5 or six years.

not a chance at the moment , we will take a financial hit for going down, and we cant afford to bring in players now , we have had to rely on loan players .

we will not have many players come the end of the season , so hardly anything to build on .

take the foxes , they kept most of thier players and didnt have all the loan players we have .

sadly i cant see this club moving forward at all with no money , unless the club bring someone in with a fantastic management history, sadly i dont think norwich have the money for that either.

delia you need to put out the white flag and surrender,

Tranmere

Southend

Huddersfield

Oldham

Walsa

Bristol Rovers

Stockport

Colchester

Leyton Orient

Swindon

Yeovil

Hartlepool

Northampton

Brighton

We''re worse than all them then Wiz?

Didn''t think so.

We will be stuck in League 1 until the board start to take their heads from their backsides and start to look at the basics of running a football club. That is the football side of things is the most important and this dictates what direction the rest of the club goes in.

Also if you want a manager its worth looking for who you want rather than who is available,we didn''t show any ambition when we have appointed our recent managers and now we are payinrg the price for a total shambles of a managerial recruitment.

We haven''t scouted the lower leagues for talent until Mcdonald arrived and we haven''t produced anything of merit from our superb training set up.

Until we correct the basics we will freefall rapidly and suffer the excuses from failure that this board offer for their INCOMPETENCE.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="city till i die"][quote user="First Wizard"]If there are no radical changes, and I mean radial, then we''ll get relegated again next season.[/quote]do you really think WIZ??? with the loanees returning and a few players out the door we will do alright...im not saying automatic  but play offs at least...if we get a decent man in charge(MARK ROBINS) cody looks a decent signing and will run defences ragged in league 1 and if we sign LEE i think tey will score plenty between them[/quote]

Well CTID, it looks like Ive called this season right doesn''t it?

[/quote]

I''m right again. [H]

If you forecast a foot of snow you will be right one day! Thing is, do you salt the roads everyday until then just in case! [:^)]

You have to keep a decent squad together in order to do that.... a la Leicester....so that lets us out straight away then.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr C - what is the £3m loss of income?

[/quote]

Sorry BF, had a busy few days.  There is Archant an article on how much relegation may cost out today.  I have to say i think £5-7m is a bit sensationalist but i would say that given we would lose £2m tv money straight off, a £3m estimate would be conservative.