Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Mark Robbins

can we please get him in as manager for next season, he''s done a great job this season, tragicly we all know that Butterworth will take over from Gunn, great another novice with no experience

[quote user="steve o"]can we please get him in as manager for next season, he''s done a great job this season, tragicly we all know that Butterworth will take over from Gunn, great another novice with no experience[/quote]

And an arrogant tw@t to boot

When was the last time the board appointed an up and coming manager? They are simply incapable of appointing any manager with a decent track record. Grant got it because he was Catholic, Roeder got it because we were desperate and Gunn got it because season ticket renewals were coming up.

Why is there so much hype about Robins?  An unproven manager who has had  one good season in League 2! 

Think we should be aiming higher than this, and see no reason why we should take the board''s rhetoric that the manager should bleed yellow and green to be a success here.  Did not stop Ferguson or Wenger or Mourinho or pretty much any of the top managers!

[quote user="steve o"]can we please get him in as manager for next season, he''s done a great job this season, tragicly we all know that Butterworth will take over from Gunn, great another novice with no experience[/quote]What he has done with Rotherham is nothing short of miraculous - could he work alongside our current management team ?  Or would he bring his own in (...in which case you''re looking at compensation again...) - What you need is for someone to go and register www.onemarkrobbins.co.uk, put 500 words on how he could be a great manager for our club and how he bleeds yellow and green, whack a couple of youchoobs on it, and get an online petition going.Or you could set up a facebook group - that might work too.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="steve o"]can we please get him in as manager for next season, he''s done a great job this season, tragicly we all know that Butterworth will take over from Gunn, great another novice with no experience[/quote]

What he has done with Rotherham is nothing short of miraculous - could he work alongside our current management team ?  Or would he bring his own in (...in which case you''re looking at compensation again...) - What you need is for someone to go and register www.onemarkrobbins.co.uk, put 500 words on how he could be a great manager for our club and how he bleeds yellow and green, whack a couple of youchoobs on it, and get an online petition going.

Or you could set up a facebook group - that might work too.

[/quote]

Massively overhyped.  He has managed for less than 50 games.

Not saying he would not be better than current set up but is far from my dream manager.

He''s won 24 out of 49 games which makes him better qualified than most. How is he overhyped? He''s had virtually no money to work with, a 15 point deduction, they don''t have a stadium but yet he''s managed to get them to mid table. He''s just done a great job.

[quote]Will Deehan still be working alongside Robins?[/quote]It''s not actually going to happen is it [:)] - shall we just concentrate on the game on Sunday ?

He is unproven.

49 games does not a successful manager make.  Countless managers have had awesome starts in football only to move clubs and find the magic has disappeared.  Don''t get me wrong he has done fantastically well at Rotherham but would like to see him there for another season before thinking he is ready for us.

Would rather see us bring in someone with a lot of experience like Tilson to come in and steady our ship rather than another risky appointment.

Tilson or Ferguson (either Darren or Sir Alex!) would be my choice at this time. But realistically I can''t see either of them joining us. I think Tilson might possibly be the more likely of the two what with Ferguson edging closer and closer to managing at Premier League level.

Again, money comes into it. For all the talk of Butterworth getting the job I don''t actually think this would be the worst idea in the world. Our defence has durastically improved as of late and whilst there are still mistakes being made the progress has been better than I thought anybody expected.

I still, however, don''t blame Gunn for where we are. His record is better than Rodent''s and he''s taken on a huge mess to clean up. Hey, he''s given a good crack at it. Next season though I think a change needs to be made in order to stop us falling further down the football league pecking order. Gunn or no Gunn, we seriously need some money to invest into the squad.  

[quote user="DEL123"]

[quote user="steve o"]can we please get him in as manager for next season, he''s done a great job this season, tragicly we all know that Butterworth will take over from Gunn, great another novice with no experience[/quote]

And an arrogant tw@t to boot

[/quote]

Really, met him have you?   I have met him on a good few occasions in the past and he''s always been down to earth and seemed like a good bloke.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Will Deehan still be working alongside Robins?[/quote]It''s not actually going to happen is it [:)] - shall we just concentrate on the game on Sunday ?[/quote]Of course Sunday is of paramount importance, it seems like Gunn''s job whatever happens with the decisions of Tours taken already,hopefully they will be fully concentrating on Sunday!OTBC