Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Does Delia want to sell?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Felixfan"]

Delia has told us she is desperate to sell, but the fact is there are several clubs looking for investors in a recession and we don''t exactly look the pck of the bunch.

[/quote]

Have i missed something but where has Delia been quoted as saying she is desperate to sell?

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="jbghost"]I think you will find that the restaurants belong to Delia and not the club. Despite many people claiming the club has wasted money on restaurants and not spending it on players the simple fact is she paid for the restaurants and not the club. At present the club gets the profit from them but of course that is an arrangement which could stop tomorrow.[/quote]

Please provide us all with PROOF of this. Fact is that the original Top of the Terrace restaurant in The Barclay was built back in ''92 when the stand was put up. The Cook did not muscle in on the club until May 2006. Sure that restaurant was subsequently extended in about 2000 time when she said......''we will never say where the money came from'' . Now if that had been Chase who made that kind of comment during his tenure he would have been strung up from the battelements of Norwich Castle but because it was ''Our Deals'' nothing was ever made of it!!

She MAY have paid for the extension and / or subsequently bought the restuarant(s) ftom the clubs, who knows but she sure as hell had nothing to do with the original one. I fear, unless actual proof confirms otherwise, that this is yet another myth / half truth that is trotted out when required to try and portray how wonderful and generous the woman is.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="jbghost"]I think you will find that the restaurants belong to Delia and not the club. Despite many people claiming the club has wasted money on restaurants and not spending it on players the simple fact is she paid for the restaurants and not the club. At present the club gets the profit from them but of course that is an arrangement which could stop tomorrow.[/quote]

Please provide us all with PROOF of this. Fact is that the original Top of the Terrace restaurant in The Barclay was built back in ''92 when the stand was put up. The Cook did not muscle in on the club until May 2006. Sure that restaurant was subsequently extended in about 2000 time when she said......''we will never say where the money came from'' . Now if that had been Chase who made that kind of comment during his tenure he would have been strung up from the battelements of Norwich Castle but because it was ''Our Deals'' nothing was ever made of it!!

She MAY have paid for the extension and / or subsequently bought the restuarant(s) ftom the clubs, who knows but she sure as hell had nothing to do with the original one. I fear, unless actual proof confirms otherwise, that this is yet another myth / half truth that is trotted out when required to try and portray how wonderful and generous the woman is.

[/quote]

Any transaction involving the restaurants would show in the accounts and there`s been nothing as yet.  It is possible that it has happened since the last accounts came out and it`s been kept quiet i suppose.....

I see Blah is still beating the old £8.5m in player wages drum.  Blah, there is absolutely NO WAY player wages will be nearly £2m higher than last year when we have lost Dublin, Hucks and a few other high earners.  I`ll back that up with £200 to the academy if i`m wrong, fancy matching it?

It has been suggested on here in the past that Delia has taken over financial responsibility for the restaurants because they weren''t making any money for the club and possibly losing quite a bit.  This may have been what the Turners uncovered and it could have contributed to the bust up.

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

I just hope she loses every penny she has alledgedly invested.... which is about £1.67 pence in total. She deserves nothing less than a financial wipeout after what she has done to NCFC.

[/quote]

What a load of twaddle - she is the only person putting money IN to the club to keep it going. You and others should go support another side you speak with no understanding of the situation or implications of what you are saying. She has put HER millions in when no one else has. She is just not rich enough for you and your keyboard warrior freinds. She is only worth 30 million or so. That is poor for a football club owner!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE ELSE I WILLING TO PUT MONEY IN AND THAT IS NOT HER FAULT SO STOP JUMPING ON MINORITY BANDWAGONS!!!

[/quote]

It''s so boring going around in these circles!

She has undoubtedly put money into the club, but puting money into the club can be done in 2 ways. You can gift a club, or you can loan a club. The vast majority of what Delia has put in is loans to the club, which makes the club no better off, it just gives the club more debt and which is why we won''t go into administration under Delia as she can''t afford to let that happen and why she won''t sell the club as because someone has to buy the loans too and they won''t do that.

So we will all just sit here getting pi**ed off while nothing happens, no investment happens and we hope our youngesters are good enough to bring us back up.

Sadly Disturbed, you are wrong. I would say the majority of the money she has put into the club using her own words is by not taking a Chairman sized wage from it.

[quote]I see Blah is still beating the old £8.5m in player wages drum.  Blah,

there is absolutely NO WAY player wages will be nearly £2m higher than

last year when we have lost Dublin, Hucks and a few other high

earners.  I`ll back that up with £200 to the academy if i`m wrong,

fancy matching it?[/quote]Was it 8.5 million in player wages, or for the overall playing budget ?  To be honest I can''t remember.  I wouldn''t want to mislead people if it was for the overall budget.If you can afford £200 on a bet, you''re probably the kind of person the club should be tapping for investment.  I''d never win a game of poker with you, you''d just buy me out of every hand [:)]

The initial reference to that figure was by Doncaster as an overall playing budget.  Many seemed to misunderstand it as player wages and like so many myths which have been propogated in recent years, it stuck.

Being able to afford to bet £200 probably has something to do with spending 5 years of my childhood in the Highlands being taught how to be a skinflint [;)].

Delia has blown it and only has herself to blame - I think she did want out but has left it too late. Nobody is going to pay what she wants - the figure she quoted shows how hopeless she really is when it comes to business at this football club.

The way the club should be run is the way Chase ran it BEFORE he got carried away. Norwich has ALWAYS made a loss minus transfers, because we can''t get enough in gate receipts. At present, we need gate of over 42,000 to break even, which isn''t possible. Chase used to sell players to try and make up the shortfall, much to the chargrin of many supporters, but it was the right way to go. The trouble is that other expenditure got out of control and the rest is history.

Norwich pay far far too higher wages for the income of the club and this has been a major factor in some of the players not getting on with each other and causing splits within the team. Fotheringham 16K, Lupoli 11K etc. Norwich should not be paying wages this high because they cannot afford it. It was almost as though they wanted to go into administration. Absolutely ridiculous.

What Now Delia???

[quote user="sadlerman"]

What kind of deal do you think it would take for her to call it a day and sell up?

I personnally can''t see it happening in the near future as I don''t believe she wants to sell.

From what I''ve heard from a few people, she feels responsible and wants to be the clubs "saviour" and turn it around herself (with her husband too)

With this kind of attitude I really can''t see where any changes are going to come from

[/quote]

Does anybody want to buy ?! Why would anybody want to buy a football club in Norfolk which is just about to be relegated to League 1 ? Not an astute businessman/investor, that''s for sure. The only candidate would have to be a lifelong Norwich supporter with so much money that he wouldn''t mind losing a few million, say 10 to 20 million, over the next few years. The only candidate that might have matched that description is of course Cullum and, as I understand it, he has financial worries of his own now.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Felixfan"]

Delia has told us she is desperate to sell, but the fact is there are several clubs looking for investors in a recession and we don''t exactly look the pck of the bunch.

[/quote]

Have i missed something but where has Delia been quoted as saying she is desperate to sell?

[/quote]

I haven''t been following this thread closely because it''s all been said before but if I was a betting man I''d lay a pound to a penny that Delia IS desperate to sell even if she isn''t coming out publicly and saying so. What a poisoned chalice the club has become for her. I do feel sorry for her because I have never doubted her sincerity. The only thing she is guilty of is poor judgment - (A) buying the club in the first place, I bet she regrets it now and (B) very poor and unreliable appointments to the Board.

sorry, try again :

I haven''t been following this thread closely because it''s all been said before but if I was a betting man I''d lay a pound to a penny that Delia IS desperate to sell even if she isn''t coming out publicly and saying so. What a poisoned chalice the club has become for her. I do feel sorry for her because I have never doubted her sincerity. The only thing she is guilty of is poor judgment - (A) buying the club in the first place, I bet she regrets it now and (B) very poor and unreliable appointments to the Board.

[quote user="komakino"]Delia has blown it and only has herself to blame - I think she did want out but has left it too late. Nobody is going to pay what she wants - the figure she quoted shows how hopeless she really is when it comes to business at this football club. The way the club should be run is the way Chase ran it BEFORE he got carried away. Norwich has ALWAYS made a loss minus transfers, because we can''t get enough in gate receipts. At present, we need gate of over 42,000 to break even, which isn''t possible. Chase used to sell players to try and make up the shortfall, much to the chargrin of many supporters, but it was the right way to go. The trouble is that other expenditure got out of control and the rest is history. Norwich pay far far too higher wages for the income of the club and this has been a major factor in some of the players not getting on with each other and causing splits within the team. Fotheringham 16K, Lupoli 11K etc. Norwich should not be paying wages this high because they cannot afford it. It was almost as though they wanted to go into administration. Absolutely ridiculous. What Now Delia???[/quote]

Before promotion the board used to tell us that we needed 16,000 gates to break even.  Last year our player wages were £6.8m out of income of £19m.  That is unbelievably low by footballing standards- i doubt you could find more than a handful of clubs outside the Prem with such a low player wage/income ratios.  Both these things indicate that it isn`t player wages which are the real problem, but non-player wage costs which have doubled since 2002 to £17m.

A local journalist told me that City employ 5 full-timers in the press office, but that most local journos have Doncasters mobile number so whenever there`s an issue to be discussed, those people are bypassed anyway.

A journeyman player who`s never played in the Prem on £17k a week?!  Sorry, absolutely no chance.

[quote user="komakino"]Delia has blown it and only has herself to blame - I think she did want out but has left it too late. Nobody is going to pay what she wants - the figure she quoted shows how hopeless she really is when it comes to business at this football club. The way the club should be run is the way Chase ran it BEFORE he got carried away. Norwich has ALWAYS made a loss minus transfers, because we can''t get enough in gate receipts. At present, we need gate of over 42,000 to break even, which isn''t possible. Chase used to sell players to try and make up the shortfall, much to the chargrin of many supporters, but it was the right way to go. The trouble is that other expenditure got out of control and the rest is history. Norwich pay far far too higher wages for the income of the club and this has been a major factor in some of the players not getting on with each other and causing splits within the team. Fotheringham 16K, Lupoli 11K etc. Norwich should not be paying wages this high because they cannot afford it. It was almost as though they wanted to go into administration. Absolutely ridiculous. What Now Delia???[/quote]

Before promotion the board used to tell us that we needed 16,000 gates to break even.  Last year our player wages were £6.8m out of income of £19m.  That is unbelievably low by footballing standards- i doubt you could find more than a handful of clubs outside the Prem with such a low player wage/income ratios.  Both these things indicate that it isn`t player wages which are the real problem, but non-player wage costs which have doubled since 2002 to £17m.

A local journalist told me that City employ 5 full-timers in the press office, but that most local journos have Doncasters mobile number so whenever there`s an issue to be discussed, those people are bypassed anyway.

A journeyman player who`s never played in the Prem on £17k a week?!  Sorry, absolutely no chance.