Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Does Delia want to sell?

What kind of deal do you think it would take for her to call it a day and sell up?

I personnally can''t see it happening in the near future as I don''t believe she wants to sell.

From what I''ve heard from a few people, she feels responsible and wants to be the clubs "saviour" and turn it around herself (with her husband too)

With this kind of attitude I really can''t see where any changes are going to come from

[quote user="sadlerman"]

What kind of deal do you think it would take for her to call it a day and sell up?

I personnally can''t see it happening in the near future as I don''t believe she wants to sell.

From what I''ve heard from a few people, she feels responsible and wants to be the clubs "saviour" and turn it around herself (with her husband too)

With this kind of attitude I really can''t see where any changes are going to come from

[/quote]

She does want to sell, but at a rediculous price, which no sane individual will pay, as the club simply isn;t worth what she thinks it is. It''s like she''s put a two bedroom bungalow on the housing market and asking £1,000,000 for it, when most people think it''s only worth a tenth of that price. It has been quoted that she wanted someone to pay £56 million for the club. It''ll never happen. And thus she won''t sell. And onwards we sail in greater levels of desperation.

my fear now is she wont sell while we are in league 1(the club is worth FA at the minute if we go down) if we do get promoted back to the championship she will be QUEEN BEE again. Then if she did want to sell she would ask sillly money again...........we are truely fooked what ever the outcome.....god i will be depressed if we get relegated sunday[:''(] looking on the brightside it is a bank holiday and i can REALLY drown my sorrows[Y]

The restaurant facilities within the stadium infrastructure - are a big cookery apron to Delia, and she really, really, doesn''t want to let go of them apron strings.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The restaurant facilities within the stadium infrastructure - are a big cookery apron to Delia, and she really, really, doesn''t want to let go of them apron strings.....

[/quote]I heard some time ago that the eatery has already been removed from the club''s assets. Anyone confirm this?

Delia has told us she is desperate to sell, but the fact is there are several clubs looking for investors in a recession and we don''t exactly look the pck of the bunch.

I think you will find that the restaurants belong to Delia and not the club. Despite many people claiming the club has wasted money on restaurants and not spending it on players the simple fact is she paid for the restaurants and not the club. At present the club gets the profit from them but of course that is an arrangement which could stop tomorrow.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Delia has told us she is desperate to sell, but the fact is there are several clubs looking for investors in a recession and we don''t exactly look the pck of the bunch.

[/quote]

Have i missed something but where has Delia been quoted as saying she is desperate to sell?

[quote user="jbghost"]I think you will find that the restaurants belong to Delia and not the club. Despite many people claiming the club has wasted money on restaurants and not spending it on players the simple fact is she paid for the restaurants and not the club. At present the club gets the profit from them but of course that is an arrangement which could stop tomorrow.[/quote]Of course there would be no profit if the Club charged Delia a proper ground rent for the premises, but I''m not convinced what you say is true according to the accounts.

I just hope she loses every penny she has alledgedly invested.... which is about £1.67 pence in total. She deserves nothing less than a financial wipeout after what she has done to NCFC.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

I just hope she loses every penny she has alledgedly invested.... which is about £1.67 pence in total. She deserves nothing less than a financial wipeout after what she has done to NCFC.

[/quote]

Too right. If I invested my life savings on the stock exchange and lost it all would you refund me? I didnt think so.

[/quote]

What a load of twaddle - she is the only person putting money IN to the club to keep it going. You and others should go support another side you speak with no understanding of the situation or implications of what you are saying. She has put HER millions in when no one else has. She is just not rich enough for you and your keyboard warrior freinds. She is only worth 30 million or so. That is poor for a football club owner!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE ELSE I WILLING TO PUT MONEY IN AND THAT IS NOT HER FAULT SO STOP JUMPING ON MINORITY BANDWAGONS!!!

You must remember TIL 1010 that Felixfan is a member of the inner sanctum of supporter representative panel if i call correctly.

This means that Delia is the almighty and all knowing. Of course she''s desperate to sell but well over what the club is worth but I too cannot recall where she has said this.

She has of course said she would sell the club for £20million. There is no dispute about that - there''s visual recorded evidence of that.

I await Mange Tout or one of the other ''keep the faith'' brigade to now defend her and say it was a female impersonator.

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

What a load of twaddle - she is the only person putting money IN to the club to keep it going. You and others should go support another side you speak with no understanding of the situation or implications of what you are saying. She has put HER millions in when no one else has. She is just not rich enough for you and your keyboard warrior freinds. She is only worth 30 million or so. That is poor for a football club owner!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE ELSE I WILLING TO PUT MONEY IN AND THAT IS NOT HER FAULT SO STOP JUMPING ON MINORITY BANDWAGONS!!!

[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha........What a plonker. Still the sheep graze.

You really are sadly deluded aren''t you eh?

[/quote]

Yeah, that would be brilliant! Then, no one would want to buy the club, as it would show it to be a stupid, money loosing investment.

I would have thought that she would be less likely to want to sell in League One. This presumably will reduce the value to some investors (if there are any) and I can''t imagine that she would want to sell at "the bottom of the market."Financially it makes little sense to sell when the club in its lowest position for 50 years and the country is a the middle of its deepest recession for even longer.

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you can put it in capital letters 10 feet high if you like, but you''re still wrong. after Sunday we are very likely to be two divisions below Stoke and one below Peterborough, and with the current owners and board no chance of reversing that. if you really care about our club then you need to join the calls for her to go instead of defending her.

After Sunday I have the horrible feeling that the board would have found a level they are comfortable with....and in no way will the toy be sold.The spin will be stating that although everything will be done to give Gunn the funds required,they will feel that they can restructure the clubs outgoings on wages and fail to attract any player capable of delivering.

[quote user="barclay46"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]I heard some time ago that the eatery has already been removed from the club''s assets. Anyone confirm this?[/quote]

I heard the same, that Delia owns the restaurant outright, it has nothing to do with the Club, now if that''s true I don''t know for sure.

I am a big an advocate for change as its possible to find at the present moment in time but it cannot be denied that Delia and MWJ have put in considerable amounts of their own money at times when others would not and for that, whatever happens, we should remain grateful unless it transpires that they are seeking a complete return on that investment and that is what is scuppering investment coming in. If they could get back their money and still sell the club then i would not begrudge them that in the slightest but thats not going to happen now. Where it would become an issue is if unrealistic demands on their part were scuppering a deal. If it turns out they are demanding £30 a share which would see them make a profit then thats a different matter but don''t think they are really demanding or expecting that money for their shares - I think it was a scare tactic to see off Cullum as i am just not convinced they have wanted to sell or have really tried to sell the club - probably through an emotional attachment and a misguided sense that they can turn it around more than anything sinister! I would still be extremely interested to know on what basis Harris has been instructed - i.e. investment or new ownership!

My big gripes have always been lack of ambition, inertia when it came to removing Worthington, total naivity in appointing Gunn and the apparent absolute refusal to meet with or enter into dialogue with Cullum last summer. Those I think are valid criticisms and i am truly livid with them for the state they have reduced us to but I can''t criticise them for putting in a huge chunk of their personal wealth into the football club and do not believe they are the devil as some on here would have you believe. Misguided and lacking a plan yes. Evil no.

[quote user="Badger"]
I would have thought that she would be less likely to want to sell in League One. This presumably will reduce the value to some investors (if there are any) and I can''t imagine that she would want to sell at "the bottom of the market."

Financially it makes little sense to sell when the club in its lowest position for 50 years and the country is a the middle of its deepest recession for even longer.
[/quote]

Which is precisely why some of us were suggesting that D and M would be better off as minority shareholders in a well funded club under Cullum, than majority shareholders in a skint club in freefall.  But the Delia supporters (not NCFC supporters) soon trod all over that idea.

What this boils down to, and f**k knows why i have to keep reminding people, is THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE CLUB not the best interests of Delia Smith.  If she is happy to keep the club barely alive, just investing enough to pay the debt payments and protect her investment, do you not think that for the good of the club we need to let her know her time is up?

Do the Club & Board feel League 1 is our "proper" level?

Expenditure and costs down, profile ever lower, ditto expectations -in that we hope for the occasional tilt at the Championship again and that, to paraphrase Neil D, our "rightful" place and goal becomes that league and not the Premier League?

Cynically, part of me wonders if Delia is looking forward to being a "celebrity" at some of the smaller clubs we''ll likely be playing next season and if we soon get the old guff about it being "real football" at this level bla bla bla?

Will we soon be hearing about the "Peterborough Model" -yes, Peterborough, the new number 2 team in East Anglia.

Seems Joe Lewis was sold to  a bigger club after all.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Do the Club & Board feel League 1 is our "proper" level?

Expenditure and costs down, profile ever lower, ditto expectations -in that we hope for the occasional tilt at the Championship again and that, to paraphrase Neil D, our "rightful" place and goal becomes that league and not the Premier League?

Cynically, part of me wonders if Delia is looking forward to being a "celebrity" at some of the smaller clubs we''ll likely be playing next season and if we soon get the old guff about it being "real football" at this level bla bla bla?

Will we soon be hearing about the "Peterborough Model" -yes, Peterborough, the new number 2 team in East Anglia.

Seems Joe Lewis was sold to  a bigger club after all.

Doncaster has already started preparing the ground when he talked about there being some "huge clubs" in League 1. You can bet that if Leeds don''t go up we will be told continually next year that we can''t compete with clubs like Leeds, Southampton and Charlton!

[/quote]

god she makes me laugh , clubs saviour !!! , its her and her merry men that have put us in this mess to start with .

shes not going to get anywhere unless she buys some players , but then again i cant imagine her realising that!!

i think we are stuck with a stubborn woman , who thinks she knows what she is doing , but dont .

god help us my friend !!!

[quote]Do the Club & Board feel League 1 is our "proper" level?[/quote]No - I don''t think they do.  I don''t think they expected to get 22nd place for their £8.5 million in player wages this year, said to be the 8th biggest budget in the league.  Nor did they expect Roeder to fail as spectacularly as he did this season after keeping us up last season.  In hindsight, Roeder should have stuck with the team that gave him a 14 game unbeaten run - instead he kept shuffling the pack and twisting instead of sticking.  The key board mistake was probably hiring Grant, as we have been a long way away from the standard of team that Worthington had post Premiership since then.If the board want any degree of comfort in their respective positions, they will need to dig deep to get us out of league 1 at the first attempt.

That''s pretty much how I feel too Jim. Nice post.The only thing I would take issue with is - why should they get their money back? They''ve made a mess of it - there''s no way they deserve to be reimbursed.

If I were Delia I would ring up Cullum and offer him all my shares for a fiver. She doesn''t need the money, she would be seen to have made a personal sacrifice for the good of the club and could leave with her head held high, despite everything. BUt it seems very likely to me that, like most people who have been in power for a long time, that she is indispensible.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I am a big an advocate for change as its possible to find at the present moment in time but it cannot be denied that Delia and MWJ have put in considerable amounts of their own money at times when others would not and for that, whatever happens, we should remain grateful unless it transpires that they are seeking a complete return on that investment and that is what is scuppering investment coming in. If they could get back their money and still sell the club then i would not begrudge them that in the slightest but thats not going to happen now. Where it would become an issue is if unrealistic demands on their part were scuppering a deal. If it turns out they are demanding £30 a share which would see them make a profit then thats a different matter but don''t think they are really demanding or expecting that money for their shares - I think it was a scare tactic to see off Cullum as i am just not convinced they have wanted to sell or have really tried to sell the club - probably through an emotional attachment and a misguided sense that they can turn it around more than anything sinister! I would still be extremely interested to know on what basis Harris has been instructed - i.e. investment or new ownership!

My big gripes have always been lack of ambition, inertia when it came to removing Worthington, total naivity in appointing Gunn and the apparent absolute refusal to meet with or enter into dialogue with Cullum last summer. Those I think are valid criticisms and i am truly livid with them for the state they have reduced us to but I can''t criticise them for putting in a huge chunk of their personal wealth into the football club and do not believe they are the devil as some on here would have you believe. Misguided and lacking a plan yes. Evil no.

[/quote]