Sign in to follow this  
mr.carrow

The club is profiteering

I’m not sure if I could stomach watching the game Sunday.

But I think charging £5 for the privilege is so wrong.

The club is profiteering from a disastrous season; if we were mid table there would be no interest in showing this game. Letting fans watch for free would have been a nice gesture.

[quote user="mr.carrow"]

The club is profiteering from a disastrous season; if we were mid table there would be no interest in showing this game. Letting fans watch for free would have been a nice gesture.

[/quote]I doubt that there will be any profit after staff costs for the day are taken into account.

[quote user="mr.carrow"]

[/quote]

I have to agree with you. They''ll have the bar takings anyway, so it''s not as if they wouldn''t make some money in any case. Given the almost unrelenting crap that''s been served up this season I think they owe the fans this one, at the very least.

I''ve no intention of flying back to Norfolk for THIS one,but even if I was there,I certainly would not pay to see us humiliated,as we are going to be. I''ve already done enough of that. Eight games seen ,one win. Sums up the season really.

This profiteering just proves how out of touch the board/management are these days. They should go. All of them. Now.

Where are they going to go and when they do, who is going to guarantee our loans from the banks?  Do you have £20m or so of collateral?

You know as well as I do that there have been people ready to invest,rjwc22,and probably still are. But the Cook has refused to sell. The club needs to move forward under a new regime. So they should step aside,and let someone who knows what they are doing take over. 

I''m surprised many people are that bothered about watching the game tbh, we only have an outside chance of staying up anyway. Even if Plymouth beat Barnsley we all know in our heart of hearts that our bunch of no hopers won''t win at Charlton. We simply don''t do must win games, or many other games for that matter.

[quote user="olej"]the board cant win can they. They organise this for all the people who missed out on tickets to charlton and you still have a go at them for charging. They have to pay sky and itv for the rights to show it and setting up a live link, which isnt cheap.[/quote]No, it''s not cheap.But they should have all that money left over from what they HAVEN''T spent on players, which has led to this being such a vital game in the first place!