Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

FFS - Can't somebody do something about "Non Matching Block Quotes"?

How bloody irritating is that! I''ve just lost a reasonably good post, a rarity I know, due to this tiresome error message. Can''t one of the "boffins" at Archant Towers remove this glitch in the system?

When it happens just use the back button on your browser and text should still be there, then copy and past into a new reply without the quote.

Sorry to hear we have missed out on some of your pearls ;)

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]just click back and delete quote,.....everyones a winner![/quote]

I didn''t even get the chance to do this. My post just disappeared into thin air, leaving that bleeding tiresome error message in its wake.

It''s because the person you are quoting has some sort of punctuation in their username.  Remove that when you quote them and it will be all fine.

This forum''s a nightmare for things like that. Sometimes, that message pops up if you accidentally delete part of the username you''re quoting, which should appear as follows... EDIT: I can''t show other users how it should appear, because if I try, the message pops up. FFS!

But sometimes it happens regardless - which I can''t fathom. Meanwhile, this forum doesn''t recognise Google Chrome, which is far and away my preferred browser: if you try and post using it, lines and lines of complete gibberish appear above your message. Firefox would be ok - except yesterday, whenever I tried to use the apostrophe key, some weird search box popped up below the message screen instead, and kept happening every time. So I switched to IE, which I''m using at present; but IE doesn''t offer a copy and paste option in the box you type your reply in! Aarrgghh!