Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

NCISA FORUM WITH BRYAN GUNN NEXT WEEK.

For those of you who were at the last NCISA forum with The Chief Executive and The Chairman if you recall Gunny turned up towards the end of the meeting and an invitation was extended to him to speak to the fans at the end of the season no matter the outcome.He said he would and true to his word i can announce the following details...........................

Venue.    The Business,The Jarrold Stand.

Date and Time.    Wednesday 6th May 2009 at 7pm.

This event is open to all NCISA members but anyone who is not currently a member can join on the night for £2 in order to attend.This membership will expire on 31st August 2010.

I am told that in all probability Gunny will be joined by both Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I reckon you should have done ''an evening with Camuldonum''. Now that would be fun![:)][/quote]The girl upstairs will have to check his diary first.

TBh i don''t think you will get any different answers from them than you get from the board! They all have a vested interest to stick togther!

The club is in a mess and underachieving from top to bottom with perhaps the only exception being the youth team!

They are hardly likely to say the club will be better off without us next season are they , i would have liked to think Gunn will be relieved off his duties after Sundays match.

Do you really think that they''ll hold their hands up and say we made a total balls up....nope. Its time for the fans to start asking questions of the board otherwise we''ll have to put up with the smugness of Doncaster and the deludedness of Delia.

Gunn won''t say anything thats not from the NCFC public relations machine and if its anything like his post match interviews I won''t miss a thing.

Well I for one think its good that he is keeping his promise to meet the fans because in the situation we are in it would have been easy for him to say no.

Having said that if we are relegated on Sunday I can''t imagine what anyone will ask him because I don''t think anyone holds him responsible for the mess we''re in and we don''t know if he''ll be there next year so can''t ask him about players coming/going or plans for next season.

Think the fans forum with the Board on Open Day will be a much livelier event [:)]

"I''ll also be in attendance to assist Bryan, and I will be watching events with a vested interest. No unhelpful questions from those who are attending the forum - and that''s including members of the NCISA"....

"On the Fall City!"[N]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I don''t think anyone holds him responsible for the mess we''re in .

[/quote]Sorry but I find that attitude absolutely ridiculous. I appreciate that if you look at the bigger picture it''s fairly clear where the overall responsibility lies but the number of people who seem to want to absolve Gunny of any blame is staggering. He''s had sixteen games to keep us out of the relegation zone, let''s not forget we were outside the bottom three when Roeder left. As much as we like to blame the board I very much doubt Delia has been telling Bryan to play David Carney on the right wing or moving Gow back from the withdrawn striker role which he excelled in against Cardiff. Gunny''s tactical naivety will see us relegated on Sunday and as much as I still love the bloke you can''t escape that.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]
Sorry but I find that attitude absolutely ridiculous. I appreciate that if you look at the bigger picture it''s fairly clear where the overall responsibility lies but the number of people who seem to want to absolve Gunny of any blame is staggering. He''s had sixteen games to keep us out of the relegation zone, let''s not forget we were outside the bottom three when Roeder left.

As much as we like to blame the board I very much doubt Delia has been telling Bryan to play David Carney on the right wing or moving Gow back from the withdrawn striker role which he excelled in against Cardiff. Gunny''s tactical naivety will see us relegated on Sunday and as much as I still love the bloke you can''t escape that.
[/quote]

I don''t hold Gunn as manager responsible in the slightest for where we are: he''s done his best, but has zero experience. I do, though, hold him partially responsible given his prior role as Head of Player Recruitment, something which is often overlooked.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

I don''t think anyone holds him responsible for the mess we''re in .

[/quote]

Sorry but I find that attitude absolutely ridiculous. I appreciate that if you look at the bigger picture it''s fairly clear where the overall responsibility lies but the number of people who seem to want to absolve Gunny of any blame is staggering. He''s had sixteen games to keep us out of the relegation zone, let''s not forget we were outside the bottom three when Roeder left.

As much as we like to blame the board I very much doubt Delia has been telling Bryan to play David Carney on the right wing or moving Gow back from the withdrawn striker role which he excelled in against Cardiff. Gunny''s tactical naivety will see us relegated on Sunday and as much as I still love the bloke you can''t escape that.
[/quote]

When I said that people don''t hold him responsible for the mess the club is in, I didn''t mean just the relegation issue because yes he has to shoulder the blame for the mistakes hes made in the last 16 games. I meant more the utter shambles/mess that the club has been allowed to get into which I hold the Board responsible for.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

For those of you who were at the last NCISA forum with The Chief Executive and The Chairman if you recall Gunny turned up towards the end of the meeting and an invitation was extended to him to speak to the fans at the end of the season no matter the outcome.He said he would and true to his word i can announce the following details...........................

This event is open to all NCISA members but anyone who is not currently a member can join on the night for £2 in order to attend.This membership will expire on 31st August 2010.

I am told that in all probability Gunny will be joined by both Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook.

[/quote]Pity you couldn''t get anybody responsible for the clubs decline to attend!

Whilst this event must not distract people''s minds from all the other issues that are wrong at the club, it is important that Bryan and the two Ians are questioned on why various playing decisions were made and other aspects of the playing side.

So I would expect a lot of you to take advantage of this whatever happens on Sunday.

www.ncisa.co.uk

I shall be in attendance but really the whole issue of Gunns accountability for our predicament is absolutely central.

The issue with his decision to apply for the manager’s job is with no experience at all and after one win when clearly the players were going to be on cloud nine after the departure of the Rodent , was he really acting in the very best interests of the club by putting himself forward?

Of course he wanted the job but if he looked himself in the eye, could the club, given its already precarious predicament afford another managerial mistake with somebody with absolutely no experience?

In my opinion he should have stood to one side and let a more experienced man take over until the end of the season to give us the very best chance of surviving. Of course the board will dress it up; I suspect they are still paying the Rodent wages anyway and all this ‘bleed green and yellow” guff is nothing more than the usual hackneyed spin we have come to expect, the interview question I would have hoped was asked was

“Brian, should really put yourself forward for the job, fail and the club will reach a fifty year low and you run the risk of having this unenviable statistic on your CV”

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Will the event still go ahead if he''s sacked after the events of Sunday?[/quote] You mean like we sacked Worthy after the 6-0 relegation at Fulham , much as i hope he is sacked you can just see him getting a new 2 year contract .Cheap will suit this club even better next season , 18,000 season ticket holders and a team full of academy boys , Delia and Doncaster will be in seventh heaven .

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Pity you couldn''t get anybody responsible for the clubs decline to attend!
[/quote]

We did that on the 5th March. Fans Forum with Neil Doncaster and Roger Munby. It was well publicised at the time.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Pity you couldn''t get anybody responsible for the clubs decline to attend!
[/quote]

We did that on the 5th March. Fans Forum with Neil Doncaster and Roger Munby. It was well publicised at the time.

[/quote]

Please don''t take this the wrong way Kathy, but I saw a pic of you last week in the paper, one word...........wow!

And yes, I''m old enough to be your grandfather![:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Please don''t take this the wrong way Kathy, but I saw a pic of you last week in the paper, one word...........wow!

[/quote]

Cue Tilly [:D]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Will the event still go ahead if he''s sacked after the events of Sunday?[/quote] You mean like we sacked Worthy after the 6-0 relegation at Fulham , much as i hope he is sacked you can just see him getting a new 2 year contract .Cheap will suit this club even better next season , 18,000 season ticket holders and a team full of academy boys , Delia and Doncaster will be in seventh heaven .
[/quote]

Yep but i doubt it will bother them that we will be in a relegation battle to stay in League One!

He doesn''t need to be sacked though, just don''t offer him a new contract! Or Crook or Butterworth either...not up to the job in hand if you ask me!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s away from his PC all day today thank god.

Thank you Wiz. You are very sweet.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Kathy, I never thought you would have your head turned by someone from Suffolk.

Whatever next!!

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But only if you stir him with 12 teaspoonfuls of sugar. [:D]

[quote user="thebigfeller"]

[/quote]

I don''t hold Gunn as manager responsible in the slightest for where we are: he''s done his best, but has zero experience. I do, though, hold him partially responsible given his prior role as Head of Player Recruitment, something which is often overlooked.

[/quote]

You''re both right. He is responsible for us going from a position outside the bottom three to a position where it is more likely than not that we will get relegated. As Shack says, he has more than enough games, and it took him far too long to find his feet, during which time we dropped crucial home points against Southampton, Coventry and Burnley, winnable games that would have kept us up.

But I don''t blame him. If we had appointed Boothroyd or Robins we would almost certainly be safe now, but the situation would still be disgraceful. This is our third relegation battle in three seasons, under three different managers. If we do stay up, we''ll be in another one next season. The fact that the club is in a mess is not Gunn''s responsibility, though I take the bigfeller''s point about his role as scout.

I love Gunny, my all time City playing hero. But he is out of his depth here and the board must take responsibility for that.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="thebigfeller"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But I don''t blame him. If we had appointed Boothroyd or Robins we would almost certainly be safe now, but the situation would still be disgraceful. This is our third relegation battle in three seasons, under three different managers. If we do stay up, we''ll be in another one next season. The fact that the club is in a mess is not Gunn''s responsibility, though I take the bigfeller''s point about his role as scout.

[/quote]

Why do you think this? Look how Watford have performed this season ... Boothroyd was sacked by them. Does Robins have more Championship experience than Gunn? No. Roeder had to go and Gunn should never have been given a job far beyond his ability but I don''t think that those two men would have saved us automatically.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with your statement about Head of Player Recruitment but can i just add that someone asked a person who holds a senior post at Colney whether Roeder said goodbye and the response was " why should he,he never spoke to me while he was here"so that begs the question did he have dialogue with Gunny?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wizard whilst accepting that you are in a wheelchair and unable to leave silly Suffolk i was unaware that you also have a golden ladrador and a white stick.