Sign in to follow this  
DEL123

Is there any chance of Huckerby coming back if (and most likely when) we go down

Is there any chance of Huckerby coming back if (and most likely when) we go down

Or does it really matter if he doesnt?????

Hucks is coming back to the club in some capacity when his contract runs out with San Jose Earthquakes (around November I believe).He has pretty much said that in a few interviews recently.The only question is whether he comes back to play or just to coach/work within the club in PR or something.Imo it''s more likely he will come back to play if we are in League one, as he knows he would destroy that league, whereas coming back to Champs may be a bit more hit and miss for him!

[quote user="kick it off"]Hucks is coming back to the club in some capacity when his contract runs out with San Jose Earthquakes (around November I believe).

He has pretty much said that in a few interviews recently.

The only question is whether he comes back to play or just to coach/work within the club in PR or something.

Imo it''s more likely he will come back to play if we are in League one, as he knows he would destroy that league, whereas coming back to Champs may be a bit more hit and miss for him!
[/quote]

Would certainly settle for that myself

[quote user="rjwc22"]That would almost make relegation palatable![/quote]

Im not sure if Ronaldo, Rooney, and Messi coming would make it that PALATABLE...

If we had the money to pay them and they were happy to stay with us for 10 years I would take that in a heartbeat - 2 seasons to get to the Prem!  Would rather have Torres than Ronaldo though as would not be able to hate that portuguese ******* if he wore yellow!

What irritates me - especially given our position is the fact he never wanted to leave. 

[quote user="singing canary"]he could come back a hero again , im fairly confident leauge 1 would be a walk in the park for him .[/quote]Totally agree, I wasn''t really bothered about Hucks leaving, because i thought he was past it. Since he has been at SJ he has learnt to play a different game, not always running at his man and taking on more of a playmaker role, similar to Giggs at Utd. He is still having problems with his hip as far as I know, i''m gonna try and catch the Quakes game this weekend if i can so will report back if he plays.I would take Hucks back in a flash, and I was wrong last year in so much as I thought the time was right for him to move on.At least he has got to fulfill one of his dreams by playing abroad, and I have no doubt whatsoever he will get one of the greatest receptions Carrow Road has ever seen when he comes back!!!

[quote user="singing canary"]he could come back a hero again , im fairly confident leauge 1 would be a walk in the park for him .[/quote]Absolutely not.  He would be a good asset, but people would just kick him off the park.  I don''t think you realise how ugly League One is, and how tough you have to be both mentally and physically to get near the top.

If he fancies it (and would you fancy Yeovil on a wet Tuesday at the end of your career) he would be an incredible impact player to come on for the last 30 mins v tiring, and already slow defences.  I wouldn''t have him back on expensive wages in the Championship but would have him back in League One where he would still make a big difference.  This might really be an incredibly noble move from him as he wouldn''t be coming back for the money, decent football, but just to try and help the club we think he all loves out of a terrible hole.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="singing canary"]he could come back a hero again , im fairly confident leauge 1 would be a walk in the park for him .[/quote]

Absolutely not.  He would be a good asset, but people would just kick him off the park.  I don''t think you realise how ugly League One is, and how tough you have to be both mentally and physically to get near the top.
[/quote]if they could get near him [;)]