Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Next managerial appointment a massive indicator of

what the boards ambitions are.If we do go down and they choose to give the job to Gunn or one of his team then my friends it will be clear as daylight to me that this board are content for this club to be a League One team.If they want us to get back up to the Championship then they will appoint an experienced manager with some degree of a track record. If Gunn or one of his team gets the managers job then get used to League One because we are  going to be there for a long time.

The problem we have is that experienced managers with proven track records don''t go to clubs in League 1. League 1 is where new and untried managers learn their trade .

Young and ambitious managers might whilst we are still a step up for them. But more than one season in League One and we wont be a step up for managers in League One or Two!

This is why they need to be moving for someone like Robins now!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]what the boards ambitions are.

If we do go down and they choose to give the job to Gunn or one of his team then my friends it will be clear as daylight to me that this board are content for this club to be a League One team.

If they want us to get back up to the Championship then they will appoint an experienced manager with some degree of a track record.

If Gunn or one of his team gets the managers job then get used to League One because we are  going to be there for a long time.

[/quote]

I agree with your attitude about Gunny (no disrespect meant but he should never have been given such responsibility with so little qualification) but who are these ''experienced manager[s]'' that you speak of?

Would you be happy with a lower league boss eager for an opportunity at a higher status club or are you thinking of someone with a higher reputation (if so how are we going to attract him with no money, League One footy and half a squad of players once the loanees depart in the summer)?

If we do go down and they choose to give the job to Gunn or one of his team then my friends it will be clear as daylight to me that this board are content for this club to be a League One team.

If they want us to get back up to the Championship then they will appoint an experienced manager with some degree of a track record.

If Gunn or one of his team gets the managers job then get used to League One because we are  going to be there for a long time.

[/quote]lmfao....they have none

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]what the boards ambitions are.If we do go down and they choose to give the job to Gunn or one of his team then my friends it will be clear as daylight to me that this board are content for this club to be a League One team.If they want us to get back up to the Championship then they will appoint an experienced manager with some degree of a track record. If Gunn or one of his team gets the managers job then get used to League One because we are  going to be there for a long time.

[/quote]

I agree with your attitude about Gunny (no disrespect meant but he should never have been given such responsibility with so little qualification) but who are these ''experienced manager[s]'' that you speak of?

Would you be happy with a lower league boss eager for an opportunity at a higher status club or are you thinking of someone with a higher reputation (if so how are we going to attract him with no money, League One footy and half a squad of players once the loanees depart in the summer)?

[/quote]I would  be happy with someone like Steve Tilson, Mike Newell or Jim Gannon.All of them have experience of League one and all 3 have got sides promoted from the lower 2 divisions (Tilson got Southend promoted twice). All 3 are currently managing at clubs smaller than ours, Southend, Grimsby and Stockport.Why anyone believes that Gunn or one of his team would make a better choice than one of these guys i don''t know. BUT HEY! THIS IS THE BOARD OF NORWICH CITY FOOTBALL CLUB WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would  be happy with someone like Steve Tilson, Mike Newell or Jim Gannon.

All of them have experience of League one and all 3 have got sides promoted from the lower 2 divisions (Tilson got Southend promoted twice). All 3 are currently managing at clubs smaller than ours, Southend, Grimsby and Stockport.

Why anyone believes that Gunn or one of his team would make a better choice than one of these guys i don''t know.

BUT HEY! THIS IS THE BOARD OF NORWICH CITY FOOTBALL CLUB WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

[/quote]we would probably get one of....   steve martin...mike reid or jim bowen