Sign in to follow this  
Next door to Boyer

No Croft, no chance !!

I find it very frustrating looking at team selections throughout the season especially on the flanks.Throughout the country there is seemingly a lack of natural left footers available on the wing. But at Norwich we''ve had 7 lefties available in; Hoolahan, Bertrand, Gow, Carney, Lappin, Pattison and the ex- Eagle.Why have we over subscribed this position as opposed to the right hand side, as when Croft is injured he has been replaced by one of the afore mentioned lefties ?I s''pose Bell was bought for competition (maybe to eventually replace him when his contract runs out) but even Bell was consistantly played on the left !!The flanks are positions where you''d hope to get some creativity or crosses to give the forwards opportunities to score. As a result, I fear the worst if Croft is not available on Sunday, to bring the balance we need. Im even concerned if he does play as he''s not fully over his injury, bar a pain killing injection maybe.Its criminal that there is''nt another, right footed, wide right player that the coaching staff are confident in using if Croft is not fit.

Why get Carney on loan ?

Apart from his quality being questionable, we already had Pattison,

Bertrand, Lappin, Gow and Eagle who could have acted as back up to

Hoolahan, but we don''t have a right footed, right sided player back up

for Croft.

I don''t think we saw the best of Bell, my feeling is he felt worthy of

more first team football in his preferred position, than he was

getting, hence his move to Coventry.Instead of loaning Carney, clearly we should have been looking for a replacement for Bell on the right side.

was lee croft even that good ?

in comparison to our rubbish team yes, but in a decent side he wouldnt stand out atall........were just making him look better than he does.

hes scored less than a handful of goals in god no how many games.

yes he runs up and down the wing, but how many times does he even put a decent ball in ?

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn "]

yes he runs up and down the wing, but how many times does he even put a decent ball in ?

[/quote]

More often than he tends to get credit for. Not all of his crosses are great but he does better than is often made out.

Unfortunately there''s just never been much happening upfront for us to turn his hard work into anything.

Probably why he keeps getting linked to bigger/better clubs because people at those clubs realise he would have something to offer them even though so many here seem to write him off.