Sign in to follow this  
Official Joe

Player of the Season Dinner

[quote user="CT "]Do they realise how badly we''ve been let down ?

[/quote]The question is do they care about how badly we''ve been let down?To be fair I honestly believe for most that is the best they can do. Because they are not good enough to do better!

I think we are missing the point, the players didnt go out to play bad..they are managed by a manager and picked by him and his team!! That fact is some of these players just arent good enough..sometimes you have to look at the facts we arent were we are due to the quality throughout the team!The league postion doesnt lye!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]I think we are missing the point, the players didnt go out to play bad..they are managed by a manager and picked by him and his team!! That fact is some of these players just arent good enough..sometimes you have to look at the facts we arent were we are due to the quality throughout the team!The league postion doesnt lye![/quote]Of course you''re right. But have they battled hard enough? Can every single player say, "Yes, i gave 110% in 9/10 matches this season". The answer, in my opinion, is no. Or we''d have had more of the Wolves 5-2 type matches. Did every single player close down the opposition as quickly as possible, and pester them throughout? Because we done that against Wolves. The only person i can excuse from that is Semmy, because i''m pretty sure he slips into unconciousness as soon as he runs out onto the pitch.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]I think we are missing the point, the players didnt go out to play bad..they are managed by a manager and picked by him and his team!! That fact is some of these players just arent good enough..sometimes you have to look at the facts we arent were we are due to the quality throughout the team!The league postion doesnt lye![/quote]Of course you''re right. But have they battled hard enough? Can every single player say, "Yes, i gave 110% in 9/10 matches this season". The answer, in my opinion, is no. Or we''d have had more of the Wolves 5-2 type matches. Did every single player close down the opposition as quickly as possible, and pester them throughout? Because we done that against Wolves. The only person i can excuse from that is Semmy, because i''m pretty sure he slips into unconciousness as soon as he runs out onto the pitch.[/quote]

you never really know if they put there best game in......but i would say they arent good enough....some are of course, but 11 make a team!!! sad times

[quote user="Babyface"]I had to ask and the answer is yes the players do read this board.[/quote]

Was it worth the £50 you paid for the ticket??

[quote user="Babyface"]I had to ask and the answer is yes the players do read this board.[/quote]

Then I suggest they spend more time in training and getting their heads down at a decent hour than read the obvious about themselves here.

£65. I guess it depends on how you approach it, when I am in the lower Barclay on a matchday, the current squad frustrate the hell out of me but nights like this you get to see the human side.

Come Sunday at Charlton I will be swearing at the same people who now adorn my table!

fair enough,£65 seems a little steep for pie and mash!

[quote user="Babyface"]£65. I guess it depends on how you approach it, when I am in the lower Barclay on a matchday, the current squad frustrate the hell out of me but nights like this you get to see the human side.

Come Sunday at Charlton I will be swearing at the same people who now adorn my table![/quote]

[quote user="Babyface"]£65. I guess it depends on how you approach it, when I am in the lower Barclay on a matchday, the current squad frustrate the hell out of me but nights like this you get to see the human side.

Come Sunday at Charlton I will be swearing at the same people who now adorn my table![/quote]

Get to see the human side of ''em!! Christ on a bike, they''re hardly out-of-this-world Supermen!  [:P]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]fair enough,£65 seems a little steep for pie and mash!

[/quote]

Thats without the drinks and travel.

inflatable beds in the changing rooms! for those on a tight budget!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]fair enough,£65 seems a little steep for pie and mash!

[/quote]

Thats without the drinks and travel.

[/quote]

Clingon just said he and his girlfriend love it in Norwich and he is looking forward to working here next season. Amazing what people say in front on a microphone.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]It will surprise us, but some will stay....lets hope clighan is as good as his word![/quote]He played in league 1 for Forest, so if he''s happy here, we can but hope, as he will be a top midfielder in league 1.

[quote user="Babyface"]Clingon just said he and his girlfriend love it in Norwich and he is looking forward to working here next season. Amazing what people say in front on a microphone.[/quote]they better stay or my sister will need a new dance teacher!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]It will surprise us, but some will stay....lets hope clighan is as good as his word![/quote]He played in league 1 for Forest, so if he''s happy here, we can but hope, as he will be a top midfielder in league 1.[/quote]Smoke and mirrors, he knows City would be forced to sell him.  So he''d be able to leave making the fans think he didn''t really want to go. 

They can say what they want but in my book the place to do the talking is on the pitch which is where they didn''t do it. However much they like it in the area means nothing and they will come and they will go whatever they say.

Is part of the problem you have too many loan players who maybe don''t share the same passion and desire for the club as you fans and other players might?

I suppose it was unavoidable, but an end of season dinner doesn''t strike me as the best possible preparation for Sunday - "season''s over lads . . . oops no it isn''t . . .  [:S]

Cherub, I disagree. I think something like a end of season dinner - a bit of banter, a bit of a laugh - is one of the best things to raise team spirit and moral after what must have been a heartbreaking defeat against Reading at home. As long as they perform against Charlton, I don''t care to be honest!

[quote] Do they take Wiz seriously?[:D]
[/quote]

They probably do take them seriously, which would explain any lacklustre performances. "We don''t need to try today, Wiz has hexed the other team!"