Sign in to follow this  
Canarygirl

Worthy.....

Ok....I will keep this brief....firstly....why can Norwich only play well in the second half...secondly what does Worthy say to them at half time...and most importantly why can''t he say/do it before the game!!!! Come on Norwich time to start getting it right from the start!

I thought we did look better for about the first ten minutes, then we conceded and looked unsteady to say the least.  Our usual first half performance then followed.  Perhaps there''s something in what Crystal Palace are doing, i.e. playing 4-5-1, and catching their opponents on the break.  This would possibly suit us right now as we could congest the midfield and hopefully see out the first half without conceding.  Imagine going into a second half with 0 against the opposition''s name!!!  How about trying:

Green, Eddy, Flem, Charlie, Drury, Jonson or Bentley, Francis, Safri, Holt, Hucks, McKenzie...and then putting Matty S on in the second half for one of the midfielders?  Just a thought!

You''ve got a point there susie - we could play everyone in the midfield who we want to play -

^                 ^
Bentley  Holt  Francis  Safri  Huckerby
    v                 v                   v

McKenzie

I would perhaps pull Bentley off at half time or 55mins and put McVeigh on the right, then bring Svensson on for a more conventional formation later.
This could be viewed as a halfway concession for those who would rather see Safri play over Holt but believe Worthy will never make that happen.