Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Delia's Profile.

The talk today is about how much it will cost NCFC if we get relegated.

We can also justifiably contemplate the costs to Delia Smith as well.

We are always being told just how indebted our club should be to Delia. Her association with Norwich City has been good for her too and she will suffer for our demise.

Firstly, she will be connected locally and nationally with a league one side. She certainly reaped the benefits of our brief stint in the Premier League because her public exposure increased and therefore her celebrity status. She was associated with success, now it''s with failure. Her cronies won''t like that.

Almost every time Norwich City was reported in the press, her name popped up.

She is in the business of selling books. Any publicityy is good publicity, even her ridiculous on-pitch antics a few years back. There she was on all the news programmes reminding all cook book buyers that she was still around. I''ve lost count of the number of times she has been on the T.V. and radio or in the press because of her connections with the club. All free publicity.

I myself bought one of her "How to Cook" titles for my elderly mother. She was unimpressed stating that it taught her nothing she already knew. Yet this was a best seller.

As celebrity chefs go these days, Delia could well have been lost without trace if it were not for her connections with Norwich City.

However, I am not an expert in the subject and go short of saying that her involvement in the world of soccer has been one big publicity stunt because I accept that she has genuine passion for the club and we must all appreciate her funding.

It is arguable that that the advantages have been both ways and that we do not owe Delia as much as some think.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"] I myself bought one of her "How to Cook" titles for my elderly mother. She was unimpressed stating that it taught her nothing she already knew. Yet this was a best seller. As celebrity chefs go these days, Delia could well have been lost without trace if it were not for her connections with Norwich City.[/quote]

Elderly Mother? So she probably learnt to cook before Delia came on the scene then? These books are actually aimed towards people with limited skills in the first place or did you not realise that before buying it for her? As for Delia getting "lost without trace", you are joking of course, if she had carried on with her TV/Book career instead of concentrating on NCFC she would have been a lot richer and even more in the public eye.

I doubt it.

Celebrity chefs are ten a penny nowadays and succeed by being T.V. personalities as well.

Delia was never that and her rather dull presentation would not fit with the current trend.

However, you seem to know more about the World of Cookery than I do.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"] I myself bought one of her "How to Cook" titles for my elderly mother. She was unimpressed stating that it taught her nothing she already knew. Yet this was a best seller. As celebrity chefs go these days, Delia could well have been lost without trace if it were not for her connections with Norwich City.[/quote]

Elderly Mother? So she probably learnt to cook before Delia came on the scene then? These books are actually aimed towards people with limited skills in the first place or did you not realise that before buying it for her? As for Delia getting "lost without trace", you are joking of course, if she had carried on with her TV/Book career instead of concentrating on NCFC she would have been a lot richer and even more in the public eye.

[/quote]

How do know this? Oh sorry MWJ, i didn''t realise you had an alias.....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Celebrity chefs are ten a penny nowadays and succeed by being T.V. personalities as well.[/quote]

Think of the post match ''discussion'' that would have taken place with Roeder after the Charlton FA Cup exit if we had had Gordon Ramsey as ''celebrity'' owner instead of Delia.  Now that would have been worth being a fly on the wall!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The talk today is about how much it will cost NCFC if we get relegated. We can also justifiably contemplate the costs to Delia Smith as well. We are always being told just how indebted our club should be to Delia. Her association with Norwich City has been good for her too and she will suffer for our demise. Firstly, she will be connected locally and nationally with a league one side. She certainly reaped the benefits of our brief stint in the Premier League because her public exposure increased and therefore her celebrity status. She was associated with success, now it''s with failure. Her cronies won''t like that. Almost every time Norwich City was reported in the press, her name popped up. She is in the business of selling books. Any publicityy is good publicity, even her ridiculous on-pitch antics a few years back. There she was on all the news programmes reminding all cook book buyers that she was still around. I''ve lost count of the number of times she has been on the T.V. and radio or in the press because of her connections with the club. All free publicity. I myself bought one of her "How to Cook" titles for my elderly mother. She was unimpressed stating that it taught her nothing she already knew. Yet this was a best seller. As celebrity chefs go these days, Delia could well have been lost without trace if it were not for her connections with Norwich City. However, I am not an expert in the subject and go short of saying that her involvement in the world of soccer has been one big publicity stunt because I accept that she has genuine passion for the club and we must all appreciate her funding. It is arguable that that the advantages have been both ways and that we do not owe Delia as much as some think.[/quote]

It won''t hurt her at all. She has retired from TV and writing books. She apparently only went back on this to raise  the £2 million she ploughed into the club this year.

I read that she was planning a new book release.

I know that she decided to do no more of her (dated) T.V. shows. She will still enjoy popping up on This Morning or the like.

Fame is a drug to some people and I suspect Delia might be one of these.

Oh Jesus. Yes mistakes, yes bad board, yes club going down but PLEASE! Delia was famous before she had NCFC and will be famous afterwards. The core audience who buy her books and watch her programs couldn''t give a flying about football. Sheesh.

Delia was extremely famous before she got involved with NCFC and she will most likely still be extremely famous when she leaves. Have a go at her decisions whilst running the club by all means but I just don''t get this desire to paint her as a ''Z List Celebrity''.

[quote user="Chrisr"]Oh Jesus. Yes mistakes, yes bad board, yes club going down but PLEASE! Delia was famous before she had NCFC and will be famous afterwards. The core audience who buy her books and watch her programs couldn''t give a flying about football.

Sheesh.
[/quote]

All that hard graft selling her books [great i might add] and building her reputation and wealth up from an obvious talent doesn''t suggest to me that she''d walk away from her ''millions'' she''s ''gave'' [ahem..] the club for a ''tenner'' does it?

I am unconcerned about Delia''s celebrity status, as I am about her "core audience."

My point was, that she has benefitted from her connections with NCFC because of the extra publicity she gained.

We should take this into account when being told about the millions that she has ploughed into the club.

She should take this into account when "costing" the Club for any potential buyer.

I am concerned about this.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I am unconcerned about Delia''s celebrity status, as I am about her "core audience."

My point was, that she has benefitted from her connections with NCFC because of the extra publicity she gained.

We should take this into account when being told about the millions that she has ploughed into the club.

She should take this into account when "costing" the Club for any potential buyer.

I am concerned about this.[/quote]Wrong way round.