Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Hawkings Football Boots

stockport in administration

Not to worry - The ''big clubs'' are thriving in the current difficult climate.  Let''s be honest, football is a product and only the strongest will survive.  God I utterly hate those that administrate this game.  They won''t be happy until their pockets are lined with gold.  So sad. 

Outstanding news. Next season hasn''t even started and we''re already 10 points ahead of Stockport and Southampton.

[quote user="Beighton"]Outstanding news. Next season hasn''t even started and we''re already 10 points ahead of Stockport and Southampton.[/quote]Yes what amazing news - really brings a smile to my face. 

[quote user="olej"]and im sure they wont be the last...[/quote]

Mmm, Norwich could well be next.

Sounds bad for Stockport. Next stage could be the administrators calling in the receivers. If no one is prepared to buy Norwich why would anybody step forward to buy Stockport ? Looking at the Southampton Echo, Southampton too are on the brink.

But don''t worry. The big clubs are doing alright and that''s all that matters.

The morons running football want shooting, along with Murdoch.

[quote user="Evil"]But don''t worry. The big clubs are doing alright and that''s all that matters.

The morons running football want shooting, along with Murdoch.[/quote]Hear hear. No shooting though.  Just forced to eat motorway sandwiches............forever.

I wonder if Jim Gannon will stay after this. Could be a chance for us to pick up a talanted, if rather controversial, new manager on the cheap.  

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Beighton"]Outstanding news. Next season hasn''t even started and we''re already 10 points ahead of Stockport and Southampton.[/quote]Yes what amazing news - really brings a smile to my face.  [/quote]At the very least, it is good news for us. Whether i agree with the administrators or not, it''s an advantage to us, no matter how you try to disguise it Andy.

What''s paticularly sad about the Stockport situation is that the club was taken over by the fans three years ago and promoted via the playoffs last season. There has been some debate on here about the Barcelona model and whether it''s viable for Norwich, but I think that the Stockport experience shows the pitfalls of fan ownership on an ongoing basis.They are rumoured to be losing £300K a year, and, crucially, given that there has been the odd suggestion on here about sale and leaseback of Carrow Road, the fact that they don''t own their ground is making refinancing virtually impossible.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Beighton"]Outstanding news. Next season hasn''t even started and we''re already 10 points ahead of Stockport and Southampton.[/quote]

Yes what amazing news - really brings a smile to my face. 
[/quote]

All together now ''we are staying up...we are staying up'' (next season)

I know our financial situation is bad but at the moment I dont think it is as bad as alot of the clubs in league 1 and 2. I think if we end up being in league one for a few years then we may go into administration. But I think a hell of a lot of sides will end up going into administration next season especially in league 1 and 2. Might paly to our advantage

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Beighton"]Outstanding news. Next season hasn''t even started and we''re already 10 points ahead of Stockport and Southampton.[/quote]Yes what amazing news - really brings a smile to my face.  [/quote]At the very least, it is good news for us. Whether i agree with the administrators or not, it''s an advantage to us, no matter how you try to disguise it Andy.[/quote]Disguise what?  My disgust at the total disregard for other clubs?  Sometimes you have to sod where your own club is and think about football.  The way this game is run is nothing but an utter disgrace.  I don''t tend to hide my feelings with regard to football on a global scale and how it''s being ruined.  I hate micro-thinking when it comes to an agenda such as this.....It''s about football clubs in this country going down the pan because of gross greed and mismanagement.  I never disguise my feelings, as I did''nt Monday night toward what was a partisan protest with no answers to an impossible problem, i.e money and how it''s distributed by those who run the game.  I take no gratitude when a club falls. 

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Beighton"]Outstanding news. Next season hasn''t even started and we''re already 10 points ahead of Stockport and Southampton.[/quote]

Yes what amazing news - really brings a smile to my face. 
[/quote]
At the very least, it is good news for us. Whether i agree with the administrators or not, it''s an advantage to us, no matter how you try to disguise it Andy.
[/quote]

Disguise what?  My disgust at the total disregard for other clubs?  Sometimes you have to sod where your own club is and think about football.  The way this game is run is nothing but an utter disgrace.  I don''t tend to hide my feelings with regard to football on a global scale and how it''s being ruined.  I hate micro-thinking when it comes to an agenda such as this.....It''s about football clubs in this country going down the pan because of gross greed and mismanagement.  I never disguise my feelings, as I did''nt Monday night toward what was a partisan protest with no answers to an impossible problem, i.e money and how it''s distributed by those who run the game.  I take no gratitude when a club falls. 
[/quote]

My feelings exactly, Andy. The way the game is going we will see more and more clubs going to the wall and at some point it will be our turn.The spectre on the European Super League is once again rearing it''s ugly head (ironically precipitated by the current British suprmacy in Europe) and I find it hard to believe that it won''t happen in some form in the foreseeable future leaving club''s like ours fighting for scraps with no chance of ever getting close to the top table again. It''s a truly depressing prospect for anyone who loves this game.

A vast amount of sense spoken by most. How can anyone derive any pleasure from seeing clubs like Stockport/Southampton go to the wall? There but for the grace of God..and all that.

Until something radical is done to wrest the power from those involved with Arsenal,Chelsea,Manyoo,Liverpool and others,things can only get worse. The level of debt these clubs have is staggering and unsustainable. Trouble ,esp under the current economic climate,for them cannot be far away too.

[quote user="Beighton"]Outstanding news. Next season hasn''t even started and we''re already 10 points ahead of Stockport and Southampton.[/quote]hopefully we won''t go down again then! how depressing is it going to be if we only manage mid table? it''ll be a disgrace if we don''t finish in the top two let alone the play offs

[quote user="Beauseant"]What''s paticularly sad about the Stockport situation is that the club was taken over by the fans three years ago and promoted via the playoffs last season. There has been some debate on here about the Barcelona model and whether it''s viable for Norwich, but I think that the Stockport experience shows the pitfalls of fan ownership on an ongoing basis.They are rumoured to be losing £300K a year, and, crucially, given that there has been the odd suggestion on here about sale and leaseback of Carrow Road, the fact that they don''t own their ground is making refinancing virtually impossible.[/quote]just ask ebbsfleet how its going under the barca style....

Points are deducted next year ONLY IF the club is not already relegated. If you recall, had Saints got out of the bottom three the points would have been deducted to relegate them. Now they''re down anyway they lose them next year. In that way they suffer a real penalty, ie relegation or starting 10 points behind everyone else, rather than finishing 17th this year (the effect of the deduction) which would be pretty meaningless.

im from stockport and ive been getting jip of the county fans... next time i see one im foing to tear them apart :)

It''s late and I am being thick.  Are Stockport having their points deducted this season or next season?  If they have them deducted this season in essence there will be no real punishment as they will still stay up but just in a lower position.

I wonder how many more clubs will go into administration before someone, The FA, The Government, Mickey b leeding Mouse, looks at it and says something has to change.  Agents, fat cats, ridiculous player wages are killing and will kill the game.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

It''s late and I am being thick.  Are Stockport having their points deducted this season or next season?  If they have them deducted this season in essence there will be no real punishment as they will still stay up but just in a lower position.

I wonder how many more clubs will go into administration before someone, The FA, The Government, Mickey b leeding Mouse, looks at it and says something has to change.  Agents, fat cats, ridiculous player wages are killing and will kill the game.

[/quote]

The FL will wait to see what happens in their final game A Brighton.  If they get a point they can''t be relegated, even with the 10 point deduction.  If they lose it would need a variety of results beneath them and they have an advantageous goal difference over those below.  So if they can''t be sent down this season, the minus points will be applied at the start of next season.

The Manager says he is staying, by the way.

As to other clubs there are many facing very harsh times - Swindon in League One are dramatically cutting the playing staff next season (reserve team to go, we think) and Bradford in Two having failed to make the playoffs have warned of "massive cost cutting and wage cutting".  Cheltenham are teetering (despite having a massively wealthy director) and my view is that there will be many others.  No one apart from Mr Darling sees green shoots of recovery and that was shot down in less than 48 hours anyway.