Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Green......Oh !

Perhaps he was just making a sympathetic gesture to his England goalkeeper comrade at the other end of the field by mimicking the last National goal blunder by Calamity.

The result was, when taken in isolation, a point gained. Luck was on our side for once. How many times has the woodwork denied us points ? Again how often have the Ref''s strange decision gone against us ? So last night was pay back time.

Taken with our current situation in mind it was of course disappointing not to get three points, but I have always had in mind that this season our running target must be to average a point a game,which should put us  in with a shout for 17th. place.

Currently we are 7 pts from 11 games, therefore two wins would put us on par, 13 from 13 !

Yes I do believe in Santa, before you ask, .....  jingle bells...jingle bells... !

It was another case of a soft goal to conceed defensively - and another when we were caught out on the break.

Where was Brennan to close down Flood when the ball came across? And the reason why Holt is regularly picked is that he was back in the left back position providing cover as the ball dropped to Flood. Unfortunately all he did was watch Flood received the ball and pulled the trigger - Holt had plenty of time to get a couple of strides closer to the attacker, putting intense pressure on any shot. Instead he opted to watch giving the youngster time to get himself set and apply the techniques needed to get a free shot on goal.

Fortunately there was no real power so a save was on as it bounced towards greeno who unfortunatley mistimed his dive to the sort of extent that I was famed on a sunday morning.

So is it poor defending or poor attacking that is costing us points game in game out?

OTBC

Zipper....both things mate.  Regarding the Green mistake, the Norwich fan on fanzone had been slagging off David James & talking up Greeno. Never ever do that again mate, talk about tempting fate!! 

I think Worthy hit the nail on the head though, when he said it was a one off error from

Of course you are right Weston on all accounts - the defence isnt quite consistent enough for the full 90 mins and the strikers dont look like scoring enough goals and the midfield are not creating enough chances or providing good enough cover for the defence. As such pushing for one striker will not solve our woes.And you are too right about greeno - he has been consistently superb this season and it was just one of those goals - at least we know he is human after all.OTBC